Thread: E39 Wiring Diagrams

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)

E39 Wiring Diagrams

Last edited by jamesdc4; 03-14-2012 at 05:10 PM.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/ (Requires IE Browser.)
    Just an FYI...I can access the site in the quote above using FireFox on my work PC and on my Mac @ home.

On my PC...the diagrams that appear small & illegible...can be expanded by pressing the Ctrl & the [shift]"+" buttons...and can reverse the expansion by pressing the Ctrl & "-" button. I can move the diagrams by click & holding the left mouse button...then moving the mouse (or trackball) in whatever direction I need to move.

On my Mac (using FireFox) is similar...except I think I can use the scroll wheel on my trackball to expand the diagrams.

And if you have a mouse with a wheel...you may be able to use the wheel to expand the diagrams that are too small to read.

Hope this helps anyone that gave up because the wiring diagram was too small to read.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    And if you have a mouse with a wheel...you may be able to use the wheel to expand the diagrams that are too small to read.
    This is true. (zoom in - zoom out type affect)
    And once expanded large enough to read you can left click/hold and drag the image around since there are no scroll bars.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    Just an FYI...I can access the site in the quote above using FireFox on my work PC and on my Mac @ home.

On my PC...the diagrams that appear small & illegible...can be expanded by pressing the Ctrl & the [shift]"+" buttons...and can reverse the expansion by pressing the Ctrl & "-" button. I can move the diagrams by click & holding the left mouse button...then moving the mouse (or trackball) in whatever direction I need to move.

On my Mac (using FireFox) is similar...except I think I can use the scroll wheel on my trackball to expand the diagrams.

Hope this helps anyone that gave up because the wiring diagram was too small to read.
    Thanks, Quenton. I wasn't sure, but rf900rkw mentioned the need for IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    The BMW release diagrams, which is what is on spaghetticoder, require internet explorer... making them totally useless to people running real operating systems. BMW-Planet found and fixed the problem, so their version will work with any browser on any system.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    I will apologize and retract my statement. Spaghetticoder used to run the same java and frames based WDS as BMW-Planet.com and the WDS I have inhouse. That version did not play well with anything but IE. BMW-Planet had a blurb about it. It appears Spaghetticoder is now running something different.
    Last edited by rf900rkw; 03-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.

/.randy

My Cars
    2001 540iA
    Damn, James is still around... Damn 54ODell is still around

My Cars
    e39
    If I may you might want to refer to this link instead:
    http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/

As it shows the other versions for other markets too.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    I will apologize and retract my statement. Spaghetticoder used to run the same java and frames based WDS as BMW-Planet.com and the WDS I have inhouse. That version did not play well with anything but IE. BMW-Planet had a blurb about it. It appears Spaghetticider is now running something different.
    Yes I had to rewrite all the index pages of each section in order for WDS to play well with pretty much any browser on BMW-Planet.com
    BMW pretty much hardcoded the HTML pages to work with IE only.
    I had some help on the way as Firefox 3.x when it came out would not work anymore.
    Now it is all good, have not heard any complain since.
    Last edited by fooljam; 03-14-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E39 Wagon,'88 ZX10
    Neither of these links appears to be current anymore. Does anyone have a lead on wiring diagrams which are still available?
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."