Thread: BMW E65 airbag time not starting after programing 2 times SSFA,SSBF and SIM modules

My Cars
    2002 bmw E65 730D

BMW E65 airbag time not starting after programing 2 times SSFA,SSBF and SIM modules

Hi guys !!!! I have a 2002 BMW E65 730D that had the front seats(together with airbag and control modules) replaced by the former owner.I tried to program and encode the SSFA and SSFB modules with the corect VIN and to get rid of the "driver restraint firing circuit open"error.I have programmed the modules using Winkfp(updated with ista v39) , manually entering the VIN number.I also used Ncsexpert to code the entire car. Everything went perfect after programming except the old error "driver restraint firing circuit open" and a second one "airbag sytem time error" that occurred after programming. I used DIS to start the system time.Now the only error that I had was the one with the firing circuit open.
    After a careful inspection I found that the driver seat belt tensioner was indeed defective.I replaced the driver seat restraint mechanism with one bought from a car graveyard.
    Now begins the fun part. DIS records a new error that I no longer remember but it sounds something like "difference in triggering circuit" advising to re-encode and program the module. INPA records the error something with the zk1 discrepancy.
    I reprogrammed the SSFA and SSBF modules with Winkfp just as I did the first time.The only error the car has now is the airbag time error.I used DIS to start the system time in the satellites and it and does not start in the SSFA and SSBF.,recomanding to re-encode the modules or replace.
    I thought that residual errors remained in the SIM module and i used winkfp to program the SIM module.
    Now things have worsened because I can not start the time in the SIM module instead of just the SSFA and SSBF.
    It seems that something is happening programming with Winkfp or i make a big mistake..
    PLease help !!!!! I'll burn the car !!!!

1) the SSFA, SSBF and SIM modules have a limited number of programing ? Then why winkfp declares each time i program the same module "ecu remaining programming time 1" regardless how many times i programm the same module ? and every time i get zcu update successfully.
    2) Do I have to stop the airbag system time in all satellites and to restart together with SSFA, SSBF and SIM ?
    3)Maybe Winkfp or NCS expert retained some information in temporary files from previous programming and coding of the same modules, temporary files that I have to manually delete before reprogramming for the same module ?

At the moment i can not start the airbag system time in SSFA, SSBF and SIM modules using DIS.No other errors are stored in the entire airbag system.Please tell me that i don't have to replace these modules and that I do something wrong.
    Thank you in advance and i look forward to a response !!!

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    Hi,
    1- i don't know about limited nr. of programing on SSFA,SSBF and SIM, but i think there is no limitation,
    however you can't start system time on modules which have system time
    higher than other modules on the bus.And You can't reset this to "0".
    2- you can try start system time on SIM first then on the other each modules.
    it is no possible to reset the system time,
    3 - I don't know but u can delete all files in WORK or/and LOG for sure

I would say your problem is that the used modules SSFA,SSBF are with higher system time.
    good luck

and, you are right with your work - first change VIN, then Program and code, then start system time
    Last edited by chezz00m; 03-11-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: .

My Cars
    e38, Chevy Tahoe, Ford Explorer, Peugeot 307
    Hi Secagold.

You seem very knowledgeable on coding BMW modules. Can you tell me if it is possible to code a new VIN to a used SIM module? I have a 05 e65 730d with a bad SIM module. I have a used module but the car rejects it saying "Wrong Vin nr."

Maggi

My Cars
    2002 E65 735i

And did it work?

Hello,

Your error could also be real!? Circuit high means in 99% a wire is disconected or broken... have cheked this?

I got the same Problem, i wanted to change my "Satelit Door Front Right" with a used one. But i can't code the right VIN. NCS always says the unit has the wrong state.
    Now I read about the Timer. What is it about?

You wrote that you got the correct VIN into the Units. Could you discribe the single steps you made?

Greetings
    Martin