Thread: 2000 Z3 M Coupe 80k miles - $16,9

My Cars
    2006 Porsche C2S Cab

2000 Z3 M Coupe 80k miles - $16,9

Found on local CL - planning to drive up and check it out. Price isn't amazing, but also not offensive.

VIN: WBSCM9340YLC61753

Silver / Black

Seller Description: Loaded, moon roof, CD., HTD.seats, Has Koni yellow ADJ. shocks, Conforti perf. software & cold air intake, Dinan upper stress bar, Service!!!!

Original posting on CL:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/2792918300.html

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Let me know how it looks in person. It's been for sale since last May with a few price drops. I think the current price is pretty fair though. One person who saw it was pretty sure it had been in a frontal accident at some point event though it doesn't show on the AutoCheck.

http://listings.mcoupebuyersguide.co...?ListingID=360

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    2006 Porsche C2S Cab
    The car looked (and smelled) real nice. Definitely had a hood replacement. There was a little overspray in the snout, and some on the windows (probably for blending). The supports under the hood appear to be original. Pretty clean S52 w/ the CAI, and a nice housing. Racing Dynamics strut bar. The wheels have been refinished & look nice, but the M Stickers were replaced upside-down.

There was something 'funny' about how both doors opened. I can't say what it was. They opened and closed fine, but they seemed to 'hitch' or something. Just caught my attention every time I opened and closed the doors. They weren't 'smooth' actions.

All the M Badges have the normal fading.

The interior is in very good shape, only a little wear on the driver's outside bolster, otherwise it really looked like a solid 9. (10 being better than showroom perfect)

The seams on the car line up pretty well, except in the front where the work was done. Fenders all seem fine, and the rear bumper alignment is a little off on the driver's side, I thought I detected a little 'extra' paint in the seam on the passenger side.

It's got 235's up front and 255's in the rear, which I thought looked nice.

I really liked it, and kind of wanted to take it for a spin - but it was trapped indoors and there was a guy painting the signage or something in front of the doors so figured I can go up again with the GF and try it if we get real serious about it.

I'm not an expert on the M Coupes, but I do know my way around the Z3's - (i've been ROADY MAN for the past bunch of years) but I think it's a fair price, but not a 'drop everything and bring your checkbook' kind of deal. If 16k wouldn't seriously dent my savings, I'd probably look at a couple others before I decided. In my experience, The Rule is - you buy the one with 80k on it for 16 grand, and the next day the one with 40k shows up for 12...

I definitely thought it was nice. The interior was next to perfect, and the paint looked really good all the way around.