Thread: OEM E46 AUX Input Retrofit

My Cars
    E46 330ci Clubsport

Question OEM E46 AUX Input Retrofit

I was wondering if anyone has installed this and what you may have heard about this item?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...item2c60fddf29

Its a genuine retrofit part - speaks for itself really... where would you mount it?
    BMW E46 330ci M ClubSport - Estoril Blue - Bi-Xenons - Heated Leather - Facelift - OEM Style 71 18" 2 Piece Alloys - Carbon Style Cubed Trim - OEM LED Rear Lights

My Cars
    '00 328Ci, '18 330xi
    Don't know where BMW put it, but you could mount it in your console, glove box...depends where you want to run that fat wiring bundle.

You'll need a CD53 Business CD radio with two data inputs OR abandon your CD changer wiring harness.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    I mounted it between the sunglass and trash cubbies

Followed this DIY:
    http://www.my330i.com/mod26.php

My Cars
    325Ci, 325Cic, C300
    I hid mine away from view, plus being in the compartment gave me the option to stash the cable in there when not in use, or the cable+iphone during operation. It works well for me and has not affected reception enough to make my music cut out. I use Pandora.

It works well, but your mileage may vary. I would have preferred something with integration with the steering wheel controls, but with Pandora I play and forget anyway, i.e. I don't need to fudge with controls much.

My Cars
    94 530it
    Forget having a cable to plug into!!!!! This is 2012.... Stream it using Bluetooth. Adapters on eBay $20-50. I use tune in radio on my Android to stream stations from all over the world, then Bluetooth to the aux in ....only way to fly.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by metal massager View Post
    Forget having a cable to plug into!!!!! This is 2012.... Stream it using Bluetooth. Adapters on eBay $20-50. I use tune in radio on my Android to stream stations from all over the world, then Bluetooth to the aux in ....only way to fly.
    And then the phone's battery dies because it's not charging.

Oh wait, you must have inductive charging, right?

My Cars
    2004 325xi,2004 545i SMG
    WE used to install them on e46 right between the two cup holders on the flat part, it was convenient and there is lots of room under the console for the wiring.

My Cars
    325i
    I mounted it at the center of the hole next the coin holder; So it's hidden under the armrest, and if I don't want to use it anymore I can simply cover the hole with the rubber mat.
    DRIVE LIKE HELL.. YOU'LL GET THERE!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330i
    Probably a little late..... but how hard was it to install it in the cup holder by the coin holder? I'm looking to install mine there but in just scared that i'm going to screw something up to where it won't look like it did before the install.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i Sedan
    I thought about going the AUX route and installing the part myself. Rather than risking a screw up, I went for an FM transmitter called Tunelink. I bought it last year for $50 and they have a year long warranty. Mine was getting a little fuzzy after about 9 months so I called them and they sent me a new one. The audio quality on it is surprisingly great. I just thought I'd mention this if anyone was fearful of screwing up like I was

My Cars
    2003 330cic
    I installed mine in the glove box.

Then I ran a 5v line from the fusebox to a mini-usb in the same area, got a Miccus mini-jack and plugged into the aux. Line is switched.

It is the only BT adaptor I found that would turn on with 5v power and auto-pair, then turn off when ignition power was removed.