Thread: OT:::E21 Got a Bedroom Makeover

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3

OT:::E21 Got a Bedroom Makeover

So I've been living in my house for over 3 years, and since day 1 wanted to epoxy my garage floor properly, well I finally got around to it. Used a 6 coat system: Grind floor, epoxy primer layer, epoxy base build layer, Black/White/Gray epoxy flake to 100% refusal, 1 coat epoxy clear, 2 coats clear aliphatic polyurethane coating with UV protectant.

I was able to get some decent Craftsman shelving and a cabinet on sale, also had a 480 pound 2’x6’ made with HSS 2”x2”x1/4” work bench fabricated at work with a 3/8” SS solid top.

Still have 1 upper cabinet to install, wall mount plasma, and the other side air line from my AC tank. Then I’ll complete the install of (2) 8’ light fixtures, (1) 220V outlet, and 3 more outlets. It’s all coming together nicely.

I did my neighbors brakes, and changed all her fluids last night, brake dust-coolant-oil-road grime all smashed into the floor, and a simple wet rag cleaned it all up in a couple of minutes. No more brake cleaner and scrubbing the floors after doing work!

My Cars
    e21, e30 m3. e46 330ci
    looks great. i'm so jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by blitzed310 View Post

No more brake cleaner and scrubbing the floors after doing work!
    for you guys that don't have epoxy floors, two words, kitty litter. i always have a bag in the garage, no better way to lift grease/oil off concrete/asphalt.
    Last edited by Tom D; 10-14-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tom D

77 e21 - m42
    88 e30m3
    04 330 dinan3
    84 r1000rt
    02 r1150rs
    all of them gray
    14 f800gsa - red headed stepchild!

My Cars
    E30
    Do want.

My Cars
    1983 320i
    I was really jealous just looking at the garage... then you threw the picture of the e21 in on top of it. The entire floor of my garage (except for a 3' space around my work area) is filled with my ladies junk that she will never, ever, ever use or even see again. Thats after I built 12" deep shelves floor to ceiling on 2 walls, suspended stuff from the ceiling and put in a folding ladder so the attic above the garage could be used. You lucky SOB.

Are you sporting alpinas on one side and BBS on the other so you don't have to decide? Poor you with such tough decisions.
    Last edited by keeponkeepnon; 10-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    I was really jealous just looking at the garage... then you threw the picture of the e21 in on top of it. The entire floor of my garage (except for a 3' space around my work area) is fille with my ladies junk that she will never, ever, ever use or even see again. Thats after I built 12" deep shelves floor to ceiling on 2 walls, suspended stuff from the ceiling and put in a folding ladder so the attic above the garage could be used. You lucky SOB.
    My lady has an entire closet filled with her Mini parts, and an entire room filled with her JCW Aero kit, we are moving that to the shelves this weekend, so it will appear more crowded this weekend (I made her take her stock wheels to her moms).

My Cars
    Turbo E21,12 WRX,03 S2K
    Nicely done CJ, came out very nice.

Help me on mine?

E21 LEGION

Crypto success: http://brief.watchersfrontline.com/SHV

My Cars
    '79 320
    Amazing garage! You did that yourself? Do you have an E21 body for the RC car hanging on the wall? Really nice car too btw.

My Cars
    80 320i
    soo you have the bbs and alpinas mounted so it would look nice with two different rims mounted on the wall? :P also are those gas evaders in the corner?

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    looks great. i'm so jealous!

for you guys that don't have epoxy floors, two words, kitty litter. i always have a bag in the garage, no better way to lift grease/oil off concrete/asphalt.
    Thank you, Tom! That is what my son, Brian, likes to refer to as a "Pro Tip" !!

Duly noted.

Here are a couple of posts from another blog I started.... and have put on hold for the time being..... but I offer it here to show how much I appreciate the garage shown above. We 'downsized' about 4 years ago, and.... this is the 'downsized' work space I have at present.
    http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiede...256447_14.html

http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiede...and-grill.html

Kudos on such a beautiful job on that garage. There are websites (the names escape me at the moment) that would LOVE to have pics of what you have done there!! Hell, that is a fricking magazine cover!!!

Last edited by tomscat1; 10-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

My Cars
    1982 E21 320 i
    Garage looks great! Loving the floors! How long was that process, start to finish?

My Cars
    82 320 I
    You could eat off that floor!

Onlything missing is a lift!

My Cars
    '78 320i M42
    damn i'm jealous. i could have my m42 swap done by now with a garage like that..ok maybe not but i want it anyway!

PS keep those gold basketweaves on! the alpinas look great too but the gold with that green is perfect.

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post

Help me on mine?
    Thanks, and sure!

Quote Originally Posted by je320 View Post
    Amazing garage! You did that yourself? Do you have an E21 body for the RC car hanging on the wall? Really nice car too btw.
    I work in construction managament, so I know people, and get hooked up. It was cheaper to have this done than it would for me to buy the material alone.

Quote Originally Posted by E21Robb View Post
    soo you have the bbs and alpinas mounted so it would look nice with two different rims mounted on the wall? :P also are those gas evaders in the corner?
    Indeed, the truck and buggy are AE Team Assosiated RC10's, I used to be sponsored back in the day, those 2 cars are my highlights of my "career" in racing, I won the the Las Vegas Open Nationals with those cars. The truck body was auctioned off shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by undastan View Post
    Garage looks great! Loving the floors! How long was that process, start to finish?
    The floors took 4 days to install, do to the amount of layers, each other than the primer and flake need a day to cure. 2 days for foot traffic, 7 days for car traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubvance View Post
    You could eat off that floor!

Onlything missing is a lift!
    I know, I want a 4' scissor lift but the floors are post tension slabs, I could have a guy use a pachometer though and locate the rebar and tension cables in an effort to miss. But if I miss, my floor goes BOOM.
    Last edited by blitzed310; 10-14-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    99 F250, 86 CJ7, 2005 4r
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzed310 View Post

Looks an awful lot like my shop

Last edited by Toyotech; 10-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    throttle lift oversteer is a way of life and should be celebrated. there are few things as much fun as steering a car through a corner with the throttle.
    He who dies with the most unfinished projects wins

My Cars
    (1.5x) 2002

That is the prettiest damn thing I've ever seen. Well done, one day I'll out do you. Give me a decade or so :P

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post

Help me on mine?
    Very nice.. I have a wooden 1 floor shed/garage...so there is not to much I can do. I plan on building a two car garage someday.

Man you car looks like it has found a clean and beautiful home to match its RS rims...sweet....
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    '81 323i, '87 325
    sweet, nice work.
    e21: 1981 2.5L sleeper
    e21: 1982 323i Baur TC 1 # 4210
    e21: 1980 323i project or parts car, can't decide
    e21: track car project
    e46: 325XiT

click here for the latest updates

My Cars
    E21 323 2-E28, 1-M6, E92
    Damm C.J.
    That floor came out very nice, and the BBS wheels look as good on your car as I had thought they would.

My floor did not lay out a nice as yours, must be all the coats you put down.
    Sure makes working out there more comfortable...

Nice garage for a sweet car!

Jeff

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo
    I was really jealous just looking at the garage... then you threw the picture of the e21 in on top of it. The entire floor of my garage (except for a 3' space around my work area) is filled with my ladies junk that she will never, ever, ever use or even see again. Thats after I built 12" deep shelves floor to ceiling on 2 walls, suspended stuff from the ceiling and put in a folding ladder so the attic above the garage could be used. You lucky SOB.

Are you sporting alpinas on one side and BBS on the other so you don't have to decide? Poor you with such tough decisions.
    Yeah...unless he has cloned his rims...it has to be one side Alpinas and One Side RS... Maybe does not have the spacers for the otherside???
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    73' tii 79 320i 73'2002
    Droooool...

My Cars
    1983 320i
    Saw this post about 3 this afternoon and since then I've been out in the garage trying to figure out how to get there from here. First step build a garden tool shead...I bet the tires sing when you drive in.
    Last edited by lightsmith; 10-14-2011 at 09:18 PM.

My Cars
    79 320/6 81320i 65malibu
    Looks Great CJ wonderful job!

Always FUN TO DRIVE - Build Thread & Tech info - 79 320/6 track car build thread -- Videos of track car -Adam in car Auto-x video - Start-up video - 4/2011 Adam's TOP BMW time San Diego BMWCCA - 4-5-15 Dyno break-in run new M20B25 - Exhaust Thread - Link

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Nice garage, someday when I get my back garage finished it will look like that...

I though you have been there more like 4 years, My son had barely been born when I visited your place and he's almost 5 now....and now I even have a second kid that's 2.5 years old

I used to have that problem at my old house so now I have a new house with 2 garages, and my wife has her own 200 sq/ft store room in the basement, so now none of her stuff is the garages....I'm loving it.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Thanks guys! Got some more stuff in this weekend too, painted the door dark gray so it blends in with the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBimmer View Post

I though you have been there more like 4 years, My son had barely been born when I visited your place and he's almost 5 now....and now I even have a second kid that's 2.5 years old
    3 years 3 weeks exaclty, community is only 3 years old.