Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Baur scores a second movie apperance in the The Frozen Ground.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8

The Baur scores a second movie apperance in the The Frozen Ground.

Well I just found out they will use my car again in the new Nicolas Cage movie The Frozen Ground which is another true life story of the seriel killer Robert Hansen who killed around 20 prostitutes between 80-83 until he was captured by a state trooper.

So this will be billed as a thriller movie, 0.50 cent is the pimp, John Cusack is the bad guy, and of course Cage is the hero.

So I don't know what scene(s) they'll use the car in, but I'll guess I'll find out on the 10th when I call in and get some dates and times to show up. The start filming on the 17th I believe. I'll keep you guys posted, The baur may appear in yet another movie in the US....

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    1982 320iS
    and this time its a proper big name film

'82 320is
    '02 540i

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    The cool part is the transportation coordinator is the same guy as the whales movie, so I just sent him an e-mail, since I still remembered what it was, and less than 10 minutes later he called me back and said "yea sure we could use your car, although yours is kind of nice and this is kind of a sleezy movie" I told him it doesn't bother me any.... So it should be interesting to see what they plan to shoot.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    I bet they'll all be arguing about who gets to drive your Baur in the movie
    My '78 could be the "pimp" car
    Tbd

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    My car is so loud they probably will just say park it over there and turn it off....

I would have got to drive in the last move but the car was so loud it would have drowned out Drew's press conference so they had me park it. So I had to freeze my ass off for 5 hours walking down the sidewalk rather than driving around the block for 5 hours with the heat on...

I wish I could make it quiet real fast, but it would be expensive and take 2 weeks for the parts to get here.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    My car is so loud they probably will just say park it over there and turn it off....

I would have got to drive in the last move but the car was so loud it would have drowned out Drew's press conference so they had me park it. So I had to freeze my ass off for 5 hours walking down the sidewalk rather than driving around the block for 5 hours with the heat on...

I wish I could make it quiet real fast, but it would be expensive and take 2 weeks for the parts to get here.

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    stuff some SST scrub pads in the tail pipes and bail-wire them in
    Tbd

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    stuff some SST scrub pads in the tail pipes and bail-wire them in
    Tbd

My Cars
    1978 320i
    gone in 60 sec..........

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Pi2LMAfUVuevlQ

Congrats on landing the new role, Jeff! And it is also good that your Baur has landed a role in a different style movie this time. After all, you don't want the car to become typecast this early in his career!

Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Thanks the baur has demanded better winter accommodations due to his fame as being a background movie car. So we upgraded the house and bought one with a second garage so he can park inside in the winter. After a second film he's going to demand a concrete floor and heat.....

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBimmer View Post
    Thanks the baur has demanded better winter accommodations due to his fame as being a background movie car. So we upgraded the house and bought one with a second garage so he can park inside in the winter. After a second film he's going to demand a concrete floor and heat.....

Don't forget his winter tires
    Tbd

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Don't need winter tires to sit in the garage.. However I may need to get some if they want to use my car after it snows....

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    LOL! I guess you have to move to Alaska to score roles, huh? What would the casting company think of a matching pair of 323i's??? I wonder if the casting of your E21 is some statement about driving a cabrio in Alaska. The futile pursuit of wealth and all that. HA! Little to they know about owning one!
    Last edited by midlifebmw; 10-03-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    I still drive daily with no commute...
    The Hazard is All, Praise the Hazard!

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Lol I think it is more like crap we are filming this movie at the end of the world. Where are we going to get 40 cars from 70-83 for this movie. The movie car company won't ship them. Hmmm this one isn't a rusty turd lets use it. If you pay attention probably 75 % of the background cars in this movie will be the same as big miracle. There are only so many non rusty 70s-80s cars in Alaska.

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    I was just thinking that!! LOL! Hey, look it's so-and-so's POS car again in that movie. What the f#$k do they save money filming in Alaska or something?

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    I was just thinking that!! LOL! Hey, look it's so-and-so's POS car again in that movie. What the f#$k do they save money filming in Alaska or something?

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well the Baur's next day of background stardom is Monday. I have to report at 8 am. sounds like the scene is at a bakery. Im guessing the scene is probably inside the bakery but the cars out the window have to be period correct. I'll find out on monday. I'll try to take some pictures I have no idea how bad the camera nazis will be.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well I just got a call it appears I'm actually going to be sitting in the diner as an extra, so I have to bring three sets of clothes along with me as well for the bakery scene....

the wardrobe document they sent me includes a section for how strippers should dress and tattoos for nekid scenes have to be pre approved....so this isn't a family movie like the last one lol....it says they should try to be as "natural" as possible so no brazilians...hmm.
    Last edited by AlaskaBimmer; 10-16-2011 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBimmer View Post
    Well I just got a call it appears I'm actually going to be sitting in the diner as an extra,...

the wardrobe document they sent me includes a section for how strippers should dress and tattoos for nekid scenes have to be pre approved....

Sooooo, Jeff, just exactly what kind of a role did you audition for, anyway????

E.G., when you said you could go topless, you are sure that they knew you were clearly talking about the BAUR, right?

Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well I didn't make the cut for a topless scene since I'm fat and not a girl. But the windshield and the roof of the baur should make it in this scene. They may use me on Friday which is apparently a club scene and possibly the next friday after that as well.

Today I've been in a bakery scene walking about 5 steps to a counter after Cusack walks by. I got to stand next to him a bunch between takes but didn't get a chance to talk to him since he is working and in the serial killer on the inside and nice guy on the outside mode.

The food table on day 1 of this film sucks. This movie is super low budget. Extras are just below pond scum on the hierarchy of movie people, we got to eat lunch last and they let us lick the empty pans. It's fun though just one of those things I like to do when I can.
    Last edited by AlaskaBimmer; 10-17-2011 at 07:33 PM.

My Cars
    82 320 I
    Man thats cool.

one of my fav movie quotes of all time...

"for the last fifteen years i have been thinking with my gut. I've recently come to the conclusion that my guts full of shit." High fidelity

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Cool man, but 50 Cent, Cage, and Cusack in a movie made me rofl, only because the acting will be "laughable".

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well I'm back from first day of background stardom. Today I just did the one scene as an extra, but it was cool standing next to a John Cusack for a few hours. I then went to an apartment scen where they were filming a girl running from the appartment and gettiung in the cab and driving off. I was parked right in a great spot then they had me switches spots with a car and then said go park over there.....They wanted a hole out front so they could pull the cab closer to the building to make the scene go faster....depending on how long they follow the cab down the road you might see my car, and probably a 1991 POS non running Suburu across the street they couldn't get moved (the movie takes place in 1983) so it'll be interesting to see if they let that easter egg stay in after editing.

They may use my car on Friday again, I'll find out thursday.

parts of my car may make it in the scene where cusack drives up in the parking lot. they follow him down the road and has he turn into the lot the pivot the camera around the baur, I think it'll be too close to see the whole car, ut I'll take what I can get.

John Cusack is in the Brown car behind me in my sig pic....
    Last edited by AlaskaBimmer; 10-18-2011 at 01:49 AM.

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Sounds like a hella fun way to spend the day
    Tbd

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast