Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Projector Headlights, Buyers Inquire Within

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus

Custom Projector Headlights, Buyers Inquire Within

Alright, I did it once before and I'm going to do it again:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=934236

I have a set of stock headlights and the TSX projectors along with the shrouds, now I just need someone who wants them for their car! The way I put the projector in will not effect the leveling adjustment of the factory headlight unit and will greatly improve your luminosity. I ran them on my car for a while before selling them off and I have to say they are much better then even the PZII's for light output. I even considered trying to swap the TSX projectors into the PZII unit because I missed the output pattern so.

I would like the buyer to be involved with the build so I can give you the best looking product for your application. Basically, if you want angel eyes installed, or maybe a clear corner lens (mine is currently amber), I can also smoke them like the ones in the thread listed above or black them completely out, anything you want. Your choice of bulbs/HID's etc.

Pricing discussed privately, PM please.
    Last edited by The ZED; 12-02-2011 at 04:18 PM.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Looking forward to seeing the build, Matt.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    00 MR 21 Acura RDX
    Sent you a PM.

Thanks,

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    Im definitely interested because stock output is disappointing and the PZ options don't look right

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    The PII's don't have nearly as good of light output as the TSX projectors and they don't have a lens cover for the blinker light.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 03 540iT
    Nice to see you're taking it back up Matt. Be sure to shoot some pics when you're done. You and JCK were the ones that inspired me to do my retro. Was good to meet you at dorkfest.

-Kris
    -Kris

95 Eclipse GSX (gone)
    94 325i sedan (gone)
    00 M Coupe
    03 540iT M-Sport

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Good meeting you too Kris, I'm glad I provided inspiration to someone, it makes posting all those details worth while.

My Cars
    368Lawnmower/e90Tractor
    nice work.. i think they would look stealthy with black shrouds.

been thinking about how shitty the beam on my pzII's look.. damn Taiwanese shitty projectors how can umnitza charge so much for this sonar ebay junk.

retrofit FTW

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    So it's not possible to swap in TSX projectors in the PZIIs? If not does anybody know of any other quality projects that can fit?
    -Phil

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Thrizzle View Post
    So it's not possible to swap in TSX projectors in the PZIIs? If not does anybody know of any other quality projects that can fit?
    I didn't say it's not possible, just that I considered doing it just because the light output is so much nicer. I'm sure the mounting is different for the projectors so you would have to do some custom fabrication in the form of a mounting bracket to make it fit.

Anyone want to loan me their PZII's and I'll swap a TSX in?

My Cars
    P-c4s/mb-R500/mb-ML55/MC

killing me

matt, you're killing me...must resist

My Cars
    2007 M Coupe/2001 330i
    I am not a fan of projectors. I like the oem look. I wish I could find a set of oem headlights with angel eyes.

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFLBimmer View Post
    I am not a fan of projectors. I like the oem look. I wish I could find a set of oem headlights with angel eyes.
    I agree, except in this case it's function over form for me. I like the look of the stock lights, but the output is really lacking for a car that has as much power as it does. When I did my first conversion it was originally just for myself as I hated the output of the stock units. I was so impressed with the difference I didn't care what it looked like honestly.

You can get angel eyes in the stock units. They are the thin line ones from umnitza.

My Cars
    2007 M Coupe/2001 330i
    I guess that is why I use 80 watt bulbs in the low beams, and 100 watt in high beams. xenon bulbs

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Got a couple of retrofit orders being worked out, but anyone want the set I have?

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe, '08 MX-5 GT
    Noob question here: I have recently purchased a '99 ///M Coupe and I am interested in Angel Eyes for DRL's. I will probably not night drive much. I do not want to "bake" my current assemblies and they are in near perfect condition. I do not want to cut the existing wiring in a manner that would detract from originality. I looked at umnitza's offerings and would like an unbiased advisory. Am I SOL?

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by wash23 View Post
    Noob question here: I have recently purchased a '99 ///M Coupe and I am interested in Angel Eyes for DRL's. I will probably not night drive much. I do not want to "bake" my current assemblies and they are in near perfect condition. I do not want to cut the existing wiring in a manner that would detract from originality. I looked at umnitza's offerings and would like an unbiased advisory. Am I SOL?
    You can use a heat gun. Or just about be SOL. I don't like the Umnitza PZII personally.

My Cars
    00 MR 21 Acura RDX
    I have been reading everything I can get on this subject for about a year and have concluded I do not like anything out there "off the shelf", including Umnitza. The ZED is going to customize projectors for me this winter after I send him my originals in early November. Since my roadster is in storage from November to April, I have no need for headlights.

My Cars
    97 Z3 Roadster 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by The ZED View Post
    Got a couple of retrofit orders being worked out, but anyone want the set I have?
    Is that the set from the your 1st pic above? How much would that be?

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Full set is still available as is retrofitting.

My Cars
    1989 325i: 00 M Roadster
    Any other shrouds? Those dont look right to me.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    The TSX projectors have really good outpout from what I heard, I just always liked the look of OEM e46 projectors inside of the Z3 housing, looks much more... OEM.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    How does the TSX Projector compare the the Hella projector from the PZI (from a size/fitment standpoint)?

My Cars
    '01 Z3.0 R; '13 MB Coupe
    I like the TSX retrofit- everything looks exactly the same as factory except for the small projector in the center of the light. This will be the way I go when I eventually do it.

Mods: Remus 76mm exhaust, CDV delete, ASA AR1 18in staggered wheels, Turner 12 mm spacers, custom red tails, Kenwood deck/Sirius/BT/USB, ZHP knob, Redline boot, LeatherZ armrest, Amsoil all around, red needles, Akebono Euro brake pads, 34k original miles!

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Quote Originally Posted by DekaB View Post
    Any other shrouds? Those dont look right to me.
    The E46 shrouds are easy to fit in that spot, which is why they are used. If you are able to find something else that fits then I'd be more then happy to use it on a retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    The TSX projectors have really good outpout from what I heard, I just always liked the look of OEM e46 projectors inside of the Z3 housing, looks much more... OEM.

I do like that look of the high beam without the lens in front of it!

Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    How does the TSX Projector compare the the Hella projector from the PZI (from a size/fitment standpoint)?
    From what I've seen the TSX projectors are king in the category, simply because they offer excellent light dispersion and they are small enough to fit in most headlight housings. As I recall Umnitza really tried to play up the fact that the PZII's had much better light output then the PZI's did, and we all know the PZII's aren't that great.
    Last edited by The ZED; 10-19-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast