BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2000 M Coupe

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe

2000 M Coupe

For more pics: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0Coupe%20Pics/

Well the time has come and I am literally sick to my stomach posting this. It's rediculous, everyday my wife asks me why the heck I am selling this car, she knows how much I love it.

With my son getting ready to turn 16, and a daughter not too far behind him, it just doesn't make financial sense, nor do I have the room, for a 4th car. So I've decided to do the responsible thing and put the coupe up for sale.

Here is the deal. The car was in a wreck back in 2003 and was bought and repaired by the owner of the body repair shop. The owner repaired the car to keep for himself and finally sold it in 2010 to me due to a left leg injury that kept him from being able to use the clutch. So yes, the car does have a rebuilt title. Wreck was light...All panels, hood, doors, hatch, have matching vin numbers as far as I can tell.

It was done right, the owner of the body shop bought the coupe for himself to repair and keep for himself...

Here's a little about the coupe and what I've done to it.
    - Garage kept her entire life
    - 62K miles, rides/drives/shifts perfect (I bought her with 46k miles)
    - Reinforced subframe
    - Ireland Engineering Polyurethane subfame bushings
    - New Hawk Ceramic Brake pads front and back (low dust)
    - New clutch slave cylinder
    - UUC flexible stainless steel braided clutch line
    - Cosmo strut tower bar
    - New Whalen seat bushings along with seat tilt mod
    - Amsoil synthetic tranny fluid in transmission
    - Amsoil synthetic oil in motor
    - New NGK spark plugs
    - New stereo/rear speakers

This has been my daily driver since I have owned her. I have put the last 16k miles on her with zero issues. Everything I have done has been maintenance; I have not had one single issue. No codes ever, except for the airbag light that I tripped when I pulled the driver's seat out to replace the bushings and I have since reset it.

The only thing that does not work on the car is the factory horn, quit working about 10k miles ago. It's not the fuse and I got tired of troubleshooting it so I installed an aftermarket horn for state inspection purposes.

While the previous owner was repairing the coupe, he also addressed/reinforced the subframe before it caused a problem. The subframe looks perfect.

I have daily driven this car for two years now in TX heat, A/C on, and have had zero issues what so ever, even in stop and go San Antonio traffic.

I would not hesitate one bit to drive this car across country today. It is a pleasure to drive, shifts extremely smooth and the clutch engages/disengages at the perfect height from the floor.

As far as condition of the car. There is not a single ding or dent in the body, however, there are rock chips on the hood, lower bumper, and wheels from it being driven daily on I35. It looks good, but it is by no means perfect.

This is someone's chance to afford a reliable/low mile M Coupe that, like me, otherwise would not be able to afford one.

Here's some pics, PM me with any questions.

Thanks, Ben

Okay, uploaded 5 pics and won't allow anymore.

To see more pics:

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0Coupe%20Pics/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (115.9 KB, 86 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.0 KB, 85 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (91.2 KB, 85 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (90.3 KB, 87 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (108.0 KB, 83 views)
    Last edited by BiloxiGuy; 04-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 coupe 5spd
    Interested in working some kind of trade? I always loved this car, almost bought one a few years back. It is exactly what I'm looking for. My car is an 86' widebody AMG, very rare, and will only increase in value.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1719595
    CURRENT:
    2003 E46 M3 vert 6MT (Jet Black/blk)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T avant (blk/blk)
    SOLD:
    2005 Ducati Supersport 800 (Red)
    1987 Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet (Red/blk)
    1998 528i with full OEM M5 conversion (Blk/blk)
    1992 Alfa Romeo 164 S *47k miles* (White/blk)
    1991 Alfa Romeo 164 S *57k miles* (Blk/blk)
    1991 Alfa Romeo 164 S *56k miles* (Red/blk)
    2001.5 Audi S4 2.7 bi-turbo 6MT (Nogaro Blue/Nogaro Alcantra)
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera 5MT (Blk/blk)
    1976 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300 with Euro 2liter motor swap (Blue/red)
    2002 Mercedes Benz E 55 ///AMG (White/blk)
    2006 Mercedes Benz E 55 ///AMG (Charcoal/blk)
    1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEC widebody ///AMG *70k miles* (Red/beige)
    2002 BMW M3 coupe 6MT (Imola/blk)
    1999 BMW M3 coupe 5MT (Hellrot/black Vaders)
    2003 Mercedes Benz E 500 sport (Silver/grey)
    1999 BMW M3 coupe 5MT (Techno Violet/Dove Gray Vaders)

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by russo513 View Post
    Interested in working some kind of trade? I always loved this car, almost bought one a few years back. It is exactly what I'm looking for. My car is an 86' widebody AMG, very rare, and will only increase in value.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1719595
    Sorry, no trades, I really don't have the room as my son is getting a beater car for Christmas from his grandparents. A big reason why I am selling this.

On a side note, you have a sweet car!
    Last edited by BiloxiGuy; 09-27-2011 at 10:41 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    When you say the subframe has been reinforced, what exactly do you mean? It sounds like it is in OEM condition, with no extra reinforcement?

Can I assume the car has a sunroof?

Is this a button for the horn added to the lower dash?
    Last edited by BenFenner; 09-27-2011 at 09:09 AM.

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    What a great price! Curious on the reinforcement as well. Randy Forbes reinforcement? Taking pics of the diff area would be great for a potential buyer.

GLWS!!!
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    When you say the subframe has been reinforced, what exactly do you mean? It sounds like it is in OEM condition, with no extra reinforcement?

Can I assume the car has a sunroof?

Is this a button for the horn added to the lower dash?
    The trunk seam was reinforced, it's hard to tell in the pics below but you can see where the welds were covered with a protective coating over the entire seam. The ear of the differential looks perfect from underneath, I will try to get a pic of it this week.

Yes, the button on the lower dash is the added horn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (135.3 KB, 42 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (145.9 KB, 37 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (116.8 KB, 42 views)
    Last edited by BiloxiGuy; 09-27-2011 at 10:38 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    That's for the clarification on those things Ben.

How about the sunroof question?

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    What a great price! Curious on the reinforcement as well. Randy Forbes reinforcement? Taking pics of the diff area would be great for a potential buyer.

GLWS!!!
    Thanks! I to believe it to be a good price as well. My biggest heartache with selling her is that I will most likely never be able to afford one again. I can't afford to pay the price of a clean title M Coupe and the chances of finding a salvage title'd coupe that I can trust was done right, like this one, is hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    That's for the clarification on those things Ben.

How about the sunroof question?
    Oh sorry, yes sunroof, and works perfect.

Thanks, Ben
    Last edited by BiloxiGuy; 09-27-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 M coupe
    I am very interested in your M Coupe, please email me at mclarenf1 (at) gmail.com

My Cars
    1973 Volkswagen Beetle
    Hi Biloxi,

I am also interested in your car. I live in Houston now, but I am from San Antonio. If you could, please email me at jay.zinn@gmail.com and we can talk about your car.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Jason

My Cars
    Mercedez E320

BMW M Coupe

Hi Ben,

I'm interested in your car also is there some way we could discuss live?

Thanks.

Philip

Hi Biloxi,

Sorry got confused as to who was who. I'm very interested in your BMW M Coupe. How can we get in touch directly? I'm new to this forum set up this account specifically so I could get in touch with you. Thanks

Philip
    Last edited by pcsailing; 09-27-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Thanks everyone. I am sad to announce that I have a buyer for the coupe. I am glad, however, that it will be going to someone on this forum, and he already owns a Cosmos M Roady.

My Cars
    Z3 M Coupe
    Did it sell yet?
    On the go...