Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling the Coupe. Opinions?

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe

Selling the Coupe. Opinions?

Figured I'd post in here first. It's hard to imagine being without this car. I've had it for 4+ years now, and I've been in an MZ3 for 7 years. I'm selling the coupe and moving on to other things. The why isn't all that interesting. My job keeps me very busy, and I need a vehicle that will get me from A to B. Treating the coupe that way doesn't do it justice. I need a vehicle that I can pile gear into from the field, and take it off road in a pinch. Obviously the coupe just doesn't fit the bill anymore. I've put a lot of time and effort into the car, and I love what it became. Frankly though, my priorities have changed, and I don't have the time or energy to devote to the car like I used to.

She's got 34k miles. WORK wheels, Eisenmann, Ground Control, Z4M steering wheel, Dinan strut bar, bi-xenon retrofit, and I think that's it. I haven't been following prices recently, so I am interested in hearing what people think it's worth (honest figures - I can take it). It's currently in Hawaii, which complicates matters, but I'll split shipping with a buyer if I get enough for it.

I'd like it to go to someone on here so I can keep tabs on it a bit.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    What year is this coupe?
    1999 M Coupe

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    GLWS that is a nice looking car i wish i had the money for an extra coupe because white is high on my list. great looking car

My Cars
    05 2.5 Z5
    Very nice!! Can't you keep it and just buy a cheap little truck. You might regret selling her a couple years from now. Just a beautiful ride!!

My Cars
    '87 325i/00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post

i'd say high 20's easy based on mileage.. it's a rare color. Unfortunately it being an S52 hurts the value slightly, but if i had $28-29,000, i'd take it off your hands. that thing is HOT.

1 of 24 | Chrome Shadow Roadstars | TCK S/A | GC Street Camber Plates | Ansa Exhaust | ECIS Intake | DICE iPod Integration | Leather Z Armrests | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | UUC Clutch bushings/stop/line

My Cars
    525it, 318ti, MCoupe, X1
    Ill be transferring to Hawaii in January, i would love to look at it then and convince you

Price though, i would say while the mileage is great along with the great care and tasteful mods. I think i would shoot for 17-19k.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Sir Francis Bacon

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    I'd never part with that car for any less than $25k. NEVER. That's just my opinion.

Sell me your headlights? : )

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Hawaii complicates matters a lot as we've seen a few times recently. The beige interior also has not been the most popular. I think with your color, mileage, condition, and modifications you could shoot for $23,500-24,500k. Hopefully someone on here will buy it.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    1999 MCoupe, 2008 335xi
    As everyone else already stated, I would just buy a beater and keep the coupe!

I'd say you could probably get $21k. Mileage is great, but location and interior color may turn some people off.

Hopefully you just find the right buyer and he makes you an offer you can't refuse.

GLWS
    -al

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    If I was a serious buyer.... looking for another coupe / first coupe; I'd pay 25 for it right now.
    I am sure there is a buyer that would pay 27+ though.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me
    If I was a serious buyer.... looking for another coupe / first coupe; I'd pay 25 for it right now.
    I am sure there is a buyer that would pay 27+ though.
    Agreed. Unless your desperate, start high and come down as needed. The best time to sell is when you don't have to. Guaranteed, a car like this would show up at EA for $30k...and they'd have no trouble moving it. Different scenario, I know, but you get the idea.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    If anybody here has a good idea of what is worth, it's Jon. Take a peek at his site for recent sales of S52 Coupes. I'm not sure if there is much in the AW arena recently, but AW should typically demand a bit of a premium over some of the more common colors. Hate to see ya go, Josh. It's a great looking Coupe, and aside from being in Hawaii should be easy to sell.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    Coupes...
    My opinion is that you are a traitor and that we should start sticking bamboo shards underneath your fingernails.

But that's just a mean thing to say isn't it?

I would strongly suggest you find a cheap civic or pickup truck and just store the beloved Coupe until you have time to enjoy it.

A white coupe is a big plus, the tan interior is a big negative. I think you can probably squeeze top dollar out of the car due to the mileage, but any money you get now for the car will be inadequate to pay for all the therapy you will need in the future if you replace the ultimate BMW with a driving appliance.

Its really hard to live with regret. Do you really want to unleash that on your psyche?

Save yourself and your family the heartache and just suck it up and enjoy the coupe for the rest of your life.

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    IMO you have one of the best coupes on the forum, if it were in the continental US it would probably be worth something in the higher twenties. How much is shipping? I hope you change your mind, it will be sad to see you go.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I feel like you had a nearly identical thread 8-10 months ago.

That says to me you are far from settled on this decision.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Thanks for all the comments folks. I agree it's a shame to part with such a rare beast, especially given all the time I've spent perfecting it (in my eyes). But like I said, times change and priorities change. It should be in the hands of someone who has the time and energy to enjoy it. I'm not in any rush to sell it right away. I've got no problem juggling two cars for a while. I'll only sell it for what I deem fair, and to someone who will appreciate it.

The number I had in mind was $24.5k, and that seems to be pretty reasonable from what I am hearing. If I get full price, I will split shipping to San Diego.

My Cars
    Z poop 3.0
    I'd say low 20s...Pic of the z4 steering wheel?

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    I wish I could buy it.

When priorities change, the decision to sell becomes easier. Personally, I hate to see it go, though.

BR,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    z3
    Thanks for all the comments folks. I agree it's a shame to part with such a rare beast, especially given all the time I've spent perfecting it (in my eyes). But like I said, times change and priorities change. It should be in the hands of someone who has the time and energy to enjoy it. I'm not in any rush to sell it right away. I've got no problem juggling two cars for a while. I'll only sell it for what I deem fair, and to someone who will appreciate it.

The number I had in mind was $24.5k, and that seems to be pretty reasonable from what I am hearing. If I get full price, I will split shipping to San Diego.
    I definitely understand the feeling, even though you love the car you own you want to sell it so someone else can enjoy it. I had to do the same thing with my M5, it was one of the harder choices to make, but now I have a car I feel more comfortable DDing and the M5 is in an enthusiast's hands.

However IMO $24.5 might be a tad high. If you were continental US and found someone who truly appreciated all the mods (such as the enthusiasts offering quotes in this thread), it may be worth that. To an average buyer, mods mean molested and that is a turn off whether the mods are tasteful or not. IMO I would take the time to part out the most valuable bits, trade your headlights for stock + cash on top, make some money back doing stuff like that. Otherwise the mods will not add the value you are expecting. I am sure there must be someone willing to trade their roadstars + cash for your wheels; maybe even someone local to you on the island. If your doing this for any financial reason, parting out your mods will net the most return money; though it will take time shipping and whatnot. FWIW I was looking at an AW S52 Coupe for $15K. Just my .02

But ultimately, list the car for what it is worth to you.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E36/8,323,jeep,dodge

I would say your price is fair @ 24,500.

I sold my 99 AW coupe for 22,500 in February. With 69k and stock besides a Remus,shark & CAI.
    That car was AW and evergreen interior. A 1of1.
    2002 Ti Silver, S54 M-Coupe(SOLD)
    1999 M-Coupe Alpine White/Evergreen 1of1(SOLD)
    2000 323IT 5-sp wagon, Alpine White
    2004 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (AEV HIGHLINE)(SOLD)

My Cars
    Care
    Get an a to b; Keep the coupe. It's runs of happiness.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    I definitely understand the feeling, even though you love the car you own you want to sell it so someone else can enjoy it. I had to do the same thing with my M5, it was one of the harder choices to make, but now I have a car I feel more comfortable DDing and the M5 is in an enthusiast's hands.

However IMO $24.5 might be a tad high. If you were continental US and found someone who truly appreciated all the mods (such as the enthusiasts offering quotes in this thread), it may be worth that. To an average buyer, mods mean molested and that is a turn off whether the mods are tasteful or not. IMO I would take the time to part out the most valuable bits, trade your headlights for stock + cash on top, make some money back doing stuff like that. Otherwise the mods will not add the value you are expecting. I am sure there must be someone willing to trade their roadstars + cash for your wheels; maybe even someone local to you on the island. If your doing this for any financial reason, parting out your mods will net the most return money; though it will take time shipping and whatnot. FWIW I was looking at an AW S52 Coupe for $15K. Just my .02

But ultimately, list the car for what it is worth to you.
    I appreciate it. I think what I will do is list it on here for a firm price, which will represent my rock bottom price. I'd much rather be upfront and give my lowest price here so that the car can go to an enthusiast who will maybe post pictures of it now and then. Look out for a thread soon.

Here's a picture of the steering wheel btw:

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    I just sent you a PM, I am local and am very interested. I have a black 2000 but my wife has always wanted a white w/tan. Please give me a call.

Thanks Jeff

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I just sent you a PM, I am local and am very interested. I have a black 2000 but my wife has always wanted a white w/tan. Please give me a call.

Thanks Jeff
    Wow, so far it sounds like this coupe was destined to be for your wife. it's the color she wanted AND it's in Hawaii!
    -Phil

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Josh, I remember seeing the coupe at your folks' house a few years back (and following behind it on the way home ). It's truly a beautiful car and I feel the tan looks great with the white exterior.

Good luck with your future plans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast