Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dorkfest '11 photo thread

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i

Arrow Dorkfest '11 photo thread

Dorkfest '11 is in the books There were a total 56 M/Z3 coupes, which includes two that came after the group pic. Thanks to all who participated. Here are a couple of pics taken by Bob Epstein, owner of a euro S50 coupe. BTW, we have a few t-shirts for sale, $15 shipped Dorkfest.org or two for $25 shipped or 3 for $33 (PM or email me if you want two). We only have M, L, and 2XL shirts left.

Edit: I want to say "your welcome" to all the well-wishers. Thanks to everyone who helped to make Dorkfest '11 possible: Scott Barneson, for originating Dorkfest; Ian (summereskimo), for designing the logo and the official shirt, and doing all the legwork to get the t-shirts made; Andrew (caliAgents) for coordinating the raffle and donating prizes, Tommy (tommy1394) for planning the post-dorkfest drive; Val (Sennasixty8) for hosting the carwash and letting some of us chill in his garage both nights; Jeremy for donating raffle prizes on behalf of coupeaday.com and being an additional set of eyes and ears; Alan (StarReaver) and Brandt (MC28REPSOL) for organizing the SoCal caravan; Mpyer for organizing the NorCal caravan; Delight Lucas and the BMWCCA LA Chapter for advertising the event and handling the online registration; the Blackhawk Museum for hosting; Bob Epstein for convincing the museum to let us bring all the coupes onto the museum plaza at once and helping to get everyone parked, Jon (Jrmartin03) for advertising our event on mcoupebuyersguide.com; and Josh (JoshS) for his sidewalk sale idea and letting us borrow his cones to keep the hoi polloi out of our parking spaces.

Lastly, you can support Dorkfest by buying our remaining t-shirts. Thanks.
    Last edited by robrez; 12-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Thanks for setting it up!
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

My Cars
    00 S52
    Thanks again to Rob, Ian, Drew, Jeremy and the other organizers and supporters. Great to see all the E36/8's. We'll break the UK record next time

My Cars
    02 M Coupe
    Thanks for everyone who help put on Dorkfest 2011. I am looking forward to next year.
    It was nice to see the new owners along with some of the old timers.
    An Old Man's Hot Rod

My Cars
    M coupe, Titan, Focus SE
    A big thanks (always) to Performance Technic for prepping my M coupe & presenting her at Dorkfest while I'm working here in São Paulo! Perhaps I'll be in town next year!
    Correrai ancor più veloce per le vie del cielo...

My Cars
    06' Lotus Elise
    Nice turnout..wish i was there
    Sold

My Cars
    '99 M-Coupe, '85 325e
    Had a great time and it was wonderful to know the attendance is still strong!
    Special thanks to all who traveled so far to represent!

Here's an attempt at a reduced-size panorama of the grouping...
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...ma-3-small.jpg
    I think (hope!) I got just about all the Coupes (certainly no intentional omissions!)

-Paul

My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    sorry i couldnt make it guys.. I was out of the house for 10 days and got back thursday night late. Couldnt wake up or move the next day

Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

Past:

95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

My Cars
    a few too many

any more pics of the one in the center and the silver w black roof?

My Cars
    1999 M-Coupe, 2013 S60RD
    anymore of the black coupe on CHs?

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    I had such a blast at Dorkfest! Thank you so much Rob, Andrew and Ian for putting this together. Thanks to Val and his wife for opening their home to all of us as well! My wife was such a good sport and took care of both of our boys while I ran around drooling over Coupes and meeting the owners. She was even stuck in the hotel room for 6 hours while Jon Martin and I went on the group drive through the canyons to Treasure Island.

I took a boatload of photos. Once we get to my in-laws in Gleneden Beach, OR I'll get them posted.

It was great to meet everybody who attended! Can't wait to attend Dorkfest next year, this time with my Coupe!
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    01 M Coupe

thanks

Just wanted to add my thanks to all the organizers for putting on such a great event! We all had a great time geeking out over all the beautiful coupes.

see you all next time

My Cars
    2k M Coupe
    What an awsome turn out! Great time
    Wish i could make it!!! A little for from Miami! What 3000 miles

Thats more miles than i put on in a year

Maybe be next year an east coast/ west coast dorkfest done the same weekend?

Great job robrez

B!

Active HKS Stage 1 S/Crrrrr: m50 intake: Euro Oil Cooler: AA Exhaust: H&R/Bilstien

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe
    Thanks again to all the organizers! It was amazing and to see some of the legendary coupes we drool over in real life was priceless... The Museum was an awesome bonus too! Can't wait for next years! Especially nice to put names to faces, what a great bunch of coupe owners!

My Cars
    '99 MCoupe, '06 Evo9 RS
    I also want to say thanks to those that organized as well as those who made it out to show off their coupes. I'm truly impressed with how far some people drove to be there.

My Cars
    01Z3Coup89Vanagon/subie
    Yes, thanks to everyone that put this on for us, here are a couple more shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    01Z3Coup89Vanagon/subie
    and a couple more
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe
    What an awesome day at Dorkfest. Thanks to all the guys that made this event possible. Connor and I had a blast and enjoyed meeting all the Coupe owners.

Off to Vegas tomorrow, then Yellowstone.

Looking forward to Dorkfest 2012

Will get some pictures out when we get back to Calgary.

Bruce

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by owwwch View Post

any more pics of the one in the center and the silver w black roof?
    the center one is robrez's car which is a 3.0 with factory aero kit and the silver one with the black roof is stareaver's

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    We need something like this on the east side!!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiZ3MC View Post
    What an awsome turn out! Great time
    Wish i could make it!!! A little for from Miami! What 3000 miles

Thats more miles than i put on in a year

Maybe be next year an east coast/ west coast dorkfest done the same weekend?
    Great job robrez

B!
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    We need something like this on the east side!!
    I sent out feelers to a few east coast coupe owners about alternating between coasts yearly for Dorkfestst, but only one person responded, and that person wasn't interested taking on the task of organizing it. I know you have other priorities atm with the earthquakes and hurricanes though. I think it would be a great idea to have an East Coast/West Coast Dorkfest rivalry to see who can draw more coupes. But if the East Coast isn't interested, we already have a few good ideas for a 2012 Dorkfest in CA.
    Last edited by robrez; 08-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    I had a blast! Major props to Rob for setting it all up!

It was awesome meeting all you guys in person! I took a bunch of pictures and I'll get those posted sometime this week.

My Cars
    GT40R Turbo M Coupe, 71 Datsun VG30 510 "AKASmurf"
    Wish I could have made the Event. Next year for sure. That will be the deadline for the new wheels at the latest.

It was great of Jon Martin, and Lindsey to stop by and hang out at my place for a bit, and also visit later in the morning. True car guys. Thats what I love about the Coupe Community. True enthusiasts and car guys....all of them.

1999 M coupe, Black/Kyalami Orange, Sunroof Delete; GT4088R turbo, 610 WHP @ 22PSI Pump Gas; 2.79 Gearing; TCK D/A's; Forgelines 19x9 et38 w/265 30's; 19x11.5 et19 w/305 30's. Brembo GT Brakes; Race Logic Traction Control.

1971 Datsun 510: High Compression VG34e, CAI,Fuji Blue, GC C/O's; system, Penultimate Rear Crossmember R160 lsd 3.70, cv axels; CCW LM16's 16 x 7.5/8.5 w/215 40 and 245 35 T1R's.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe (Estoril Blu
    Hey All,

What a Blast

it was great to make new friends and also to see old ones. much too many people to "Thank" or give a "Shout Out" to with out someone being left out ... so lets just say "THANKS" to all involved and a Big "HEY" to all those i met and to my old friends, we definitely have to stay in touch !!!

can't wait till next year!
    Maddog

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    I definitely had a great time and met a lot of cool people. Thanks to everyone involved with organizing it. I will definitely be coming down next year for it again and probably bimmerfest as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast