Thread: Cut micro switch wire for convertible 94

My Cars
    1991 318is

Cut micro switch wire for convertible 94

I bought the car with the top not working. I want to use the push button to raise and lower the top. So before I ask another question I need to get the wires for the micro switch connect. The top was replaced and looks like the wires to the micro switch were cut. I need to know which wires connect to the wire with the black connector and to the yellow connector? I see the two small cut wires sticking out. I would also need to know where I can buy the connectors.

A look below and you'll see what wires were cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible

My Cars
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by IMorinico View Post
    I bought the car with the top not working. I want to use the push button to raise and lower the top. So before I ask another question I need to get the wires for the micro switch connect. The top was replaced and looks like the wires to the micro switch were cut. I need to know which wires connect to the wire with the black connector and to the yellow connector? I see the two small cut wires sticking out. I would also need to know where I can buy the connectors.

A look below and you'll see what wires were cut.
    the yellow conector is for the lid switch. Goes on the brown wires. Without this the lid and trunk can be opened at the same type. Some one baypassed the safety for not opening trunk + top lid at the same type.

If the black connector has 4 wires, its the wire for S1 and S2 switches

You can either buy the connector or just solder them to see if it works. Otherwise there is no point spending money on connectors (tho they are very cheap)

My Cars
    1991 318is
    Any way to see a picture of this?