Thread: e39 PRE facelift bi xenon? anyone?

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30

e39 PRE facelift bi xenon? anyone?

Hi there, I'm wounder is any of you guys retrofit the PRE facelift Hella Xenon with the Bi Xenon projector?

Thanks,

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    97 528i 87 528e 65/74MG
    I know at least one person who has, mostly cause I did it for him, but he will have to post up himself the details instead of slacking and failing to post up the pictures and stuff.
    >'97 528i, 200000 miles, Hella Xenons, 17" Stilauto wheels, Vogtland Drop Springs, Dynomax Race Muffler, Homelink, 540 brake upgrade, 15mm spacers >'65 & '74 MG Midgets BFC OT Lego Club #48 Manual conversion in process!!!

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by NNY528I View Post
    I know at least one person who has, mostly cause I did it for him, but he will have to post up himself the details instead of slacking and failing to post up the pictures and stuff.
    and the person are????

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    pictures are worth more than 1000 words

Last edited by Orxan4ik; 07-25-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    thanks bro, one question, what Bi Xenon are those?

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    The work looks good, I'm wondering how the oem glass lense affects the light output of the new projectors though.
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
    thanks bro, one question, what Bi Xenon are those?
    fx-r

Quote Originally Posted by oekundar View Post
    The work looks good, I'm wondering how the oem glass lense affects the light output of the new projectors though.
    Thanks bro. It doesn't, light goes thru the clear part of the lense. Best part about it, the ring in the low beam is now visible at night bc the light is only in the middle portion

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I likes!
    I need to do this to my 2001+ headlights, badly...!

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by Orxan4ik View Post
    fx-r

Thanks bro. It doesn't, light goes thru the clear part of the lense. Best part about it, the ring in the low beam is now visible at night bc the light is only in the middle portion
    thanks bro, locks very good....

I asking this because in my old facelift OEM Hellas I have the Bi xenon, but now I'm put the pre facelift and I want the bi xenon...

thanks, I will see if I can do this with the Audi RS6 Hella Bi Xenon, if not, I would buy the FX-R in unmitza

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    '99 528i/5, '01 Boobaru
    fx-r....
    Is the fx-r unit generally easy to mount in there or did it need a bit of drilling or other work? What if anything needs to be done to wire the unit so the low/high-beam cutoff toggles? Is it still possible to use the original high-beams along with this setup? [Obviously I am bi-xenon illiterate....]

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by pleiades View Post
    Is the fx-r unit generally easy to mount in there or did it need a bit of drilling or other work?
    Yes, need a little drill work

What if anything needs to be done to wire the unit so the low/high-beam cutoff toggles?
    You need to connect the Bi Xenon wires in to the high beam wires

Is it still possible to use the original high-beams along with this setup? [Obviously I am bi-xenon illiterate....]
    Yes, you can always use your originals high beam, because you only need to split the OEM high beams cables to connect the Bi Xenon cables, so when you turn on the high beam, you will turning on the high beam and the Bi Xenon at the same time....

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
    thanks bro, locks very good....

I asking this because in my old facelift OEM Hellas I have the Bi xenon, but now I'm put the pre facelift and I want the bi xenon...

thanks, I will see if I can do this with the Audi RS6 Hella Bi Xenon, if not, I would buy the FX-R in unmitza
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=101

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    2003 530i/5 2008 Hemi WK
    FX-R projectors for the win.

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    Is the fx-r unit generally easy to mount in there or did it need a bit of drilling or other work? What if anything needs to be done to wire the unit so the low/high-beam cutoff toggles? Is it still possible to use the original high-beams along with this setup? [Obviously I am bi-xenon illiterate....]

What the poster below u (jdjg) said (:

My Cars
    '99 528i/5, '01 Boobaru
    Good stuff.

Is the fx-r the best projector choice/fit for this application? Those pics (thanks!) seem to show everything required as far as custom-fitting goes....

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Good stuff.

Is the fx-r the best projector choice/fit for this application? Those pics (thanks!) seem to show everything required as far as custom-fitting goes....
    yei, so lets do it!!!!

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    Good stuff.

I would say it is, def not the best projector out there but for the price can't complain. FWIW this is far from a DIY thread (for which I apologize), but I figured I'd at least show whats hidding inside the prefacelift xenons - front cover, back cover and metal frame that holds the low/high beam. Once you remove the low beams projector, just drill 4 holes and use some long screws and metal spacers (home depot/lowes stuff) so the new projector sits further out (remember fx-r are shorter than OEM hellas)
    Last edited by Orxan4ik; 07-26-2011 at 09:12 PM.

My Cars
    '99 528i/5, '01 Boobaru
    I would say it is, def not the best projector out there but for the price can't complain. FWIW this is far from a DIY thread (for which I apologize), but I figured I'd at least show whats hidding inside the prefacelift xenons - front cover, back cover and metal frame that holds the low/high beam. Once you remove the low beams projector, just drill 4 holes and use some long screws and metal spacers (home depot/lowes stuff) so the new projector sits further out (remember fx-r are shorter than OEM hellas)
    Good points, if I do this I'll be wanting to make sure they're centered well also. What sort of rubber boot did you use over the D2S bulb socket? BMW original?

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    Good points, if I do this I'll be wanting to make sure they're centered well also. What sort of rubber boot did you use over the D2S bulb socket? BMW original?
    Yupp, fits perfectly fine.

My Cars
    Canada
    would any other projectors fit with less modification and do you retain the vertical adjustability in case you lower the car?