Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Escapes CNBC's Most Ticketed Cars List

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Thumbs up BMW Escapes CNBC's Most Ticketed Cars List

Yahoo put together a list of the Top 10 most ticketed cars... luckily, not one BMW seems to be on that list.

What do you think?

Does what we drive affect how we drive? That’s the question posed by Quality Planning , an analytics company that works with auto insurers. Quality Planning ranked the vehicles most likely to be ticketed, based on the number of moving violations issued for each 100,000 miles driven. The resulting top ten of the list contains a few predictable entries, but it’s not entirely comprised of flashy red sports cars.
    http://autos.yahoo.com/news/most-tic....html?page=all
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    i think its kind of funny that an xB is on the list

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Scion tC was #1 last year IIRC.

Makes sense, my sister got 2 tickets in hers.

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    ya, but a tC looks like it can go fast, but and xB is just like no.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
    ya, but a tC looks like it can go fast, but and xB is just like no.
    Still gotta think who is driving it.

Alot of cars look fast, but if it's a responsible person driving it then you're fine.

I can't tell you how many times Highway Patrol Lasers my car, then attempts to pace me trying to pick out something to pull me over.

My looks fast, and gets unnecessary attention...but I know where and when to push it, the Track

My Cars
    96 M3
    didnt know what a buick rainier was until just now... srs

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post
    Still gotta think who is driving it.

Alot of cars look fast, but if it's a responsible person driving it then you're fine.

I can't tell you how many times Highway Patrol Lasers my car, then attempts to pace me trying to pick out something to pull me over.

My looks fast, and gets unnecessary attention...but I know where and when to push it, the Track
    Well of course I agree with you it is the driver, but my point is why would that kind of driver buy a xB.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Well of course I agree with you it is the driver, but my point is why would that kind of driver buy a xB.
    People pass me driving a miata.

The driver doesn't need to be a hardcore enthusiast inspired driver, they just need to be stupid enough to do 20+

My Cars
    '10 335i 6M, '90 535i 5M
    People driving a toaster have something to prove, apparently. Same with Prius drivers, for some reason they like to race off the line.

My Cars
    2000 323ci
    Quote Originally Posted by N05 View Post
    didnt know what a buick rainier was until just now... srs

i had to look it up on googlez..looks like a fucked up chevy trailblazer

My Cars
    e39 540i/6, e36 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by IWannaBMW View Post
    i had to look it up on googlez..looks like a fucked up chevy trailblazer
    We have one. It's what GM did with the last of the bravadas... there are even oldsmobile tags on stuff inside the dash What a POS.
    1985 325 - 5 speed - LSD - M50NV - MS2/extra - AEM UEGO - TiAL MV-R - 750cc injectors - HX35 - Blunttech Manifold - 3" exhaust
    1991 318i - 5 speed - M50NV - e36 rack - Smileys

My Cars
    m3, gtr
    I'm surprised at the male percentages. lots of ladies out there breaking the law!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i
    goes to show benz drivers are asses and think the laws dont apply to them lol
    League of extraordinary gentlemen

My Cars
    2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike321321 View Post
    goes to show benz drivers are asses and think the laws dont apply to them lol
    Haha I think they're just full of themselves just like 7 series drivers.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    ^^^ lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E46iT- Coma E36- RIP E34
    From my personal experience over the past few years, i truely feel as tho cops know BMW's can handle the speed a little better than most cars and have been letting me off like nobody's business.

There has been at least 2, maybe 3 times now where i am speeding at least 80 on the freeway, one time for sure 90mph. Each of these times instead of getting behind me, he pulls up next to me, i throw the "i'm sorry" hand in the air (you know, the hand flash if you cut someone off) and i've gotten the and they just let me keep on driving. Not sure why i am being let off, but i've enjoyed it.

My Cars
    '94 325is,'01 330i sedan

Arrow

I observe peoples' behavior on the road every day. One thing I've noticed, at least in my town, is that the most unsafe drivers (the ones tailgating you in the fast lane when you're going 80mph, stomp on the gas every time a light turns green, "racing" you when you are just trying to move past the idiots) are almost never driving sports cars. Housewives in minivans or SUV's seem to be typical offenders, as are "bros" with their giant penis-trucks on monster-mudder tires with 8 chrome shock absorbers per wheel. Most people driving a BMW, excluding the status symbol drivers, are proficient & confident- and protective enough to use the streets with restraint and only cut it loose when it's appropriate & safe enough.

It doesn't surprise me that more than one Mercedes Benz made the list. I think most people buy a Benz as a status symbol rather than a car to be loved & used with resraint.

My Cars
    93 BMW 318i
    lol @ Benz being on there 3 times.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Cross reference this with how many units are sold of each model and that'd be a better number to rely on. I think the cost and/or cost to maintain scare off some potential buyers of bmw's.

Reading in my local section I come across plenty of people who hold up their much ticketed records as something to be proud of. How many people here have read a post that starts out: My license just got suspended again, I have 14 tickets and I just turned 18....

When I told my friends I was buying a z4 almost everyone said I'd get more tickets however I've gotten none and if anything I tend to drive a little faster with it than my previous cars. I am a little more circumspect about where/when I speed though.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtrax View Post
    Haha I think they're just full of themselves just like 7 series drivers.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrix2k View Post
    We have one. It's what GM did with the last of the bravadas... there are even oldsmobile tags on stuff inside the dash What a POS.
    My family almost bought the Bravada instead of our Jeep, I am glad they didn't.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    '00 Z3M, '06 Z4M
    Who wrote that article? I think it's hilarious that they keep mentioning "younger drivers" when the average age, according to their data is around 40. What a joke.

The Scion xB is popular with young drivers, who are typically more likely to take risks, drive fast, and get tickets.

Average Age: 37
    Last edited by Andryuha; 07-16-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Check out my M Roadster projects and DIYs:
    Cooling system part 1: https://youtu.be/ERqztIL1DPw
    Cooling system part 2: https://youtu.be/-DnclDkn2hI
    Power convertible top: https://youtu.be/KLYNqkCBh_M
    Head unit removal: https://youtu.be/LKe9fPKrAqE

My Cars
    2001 E39 M5
    Dang that's kinda surprising to me that there are no BMWs on there hahah. There's this cop in my city that must be racist to BMWs or something because one night, me and my buddies were driving in I guess you can say a caravan of e39s to drop off one of my friends and split from there, and like, right outside of his neighborhood there was a cop that pulled over an e36 and we were pretty much like wow that sucks lol. But when we split from the neighborhood, my friend texted me later telling me that that cop that pulled over the e36 pulled a U-turn when my friend left the neighborhood and followed him all the way home until he drove onto his driveway. lol wtf jackass cop
    instagram: @narvinbeans

My Cars
    BMW
    I think that list is BS.
    all the 63 AMG's. Seriously?
    Last edited by VFTS; 07-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 850CI
    Those Scions and every derivative of it have the most dangerous drivers: TEXTING, TEENAGE DRIVERS...

My Cars
    2010 E82 M Sport
    That's odd, not one BMW, but good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast