Thread: 1994 BMW 325i Radio help (alpine cde-121)

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i

Exclamation 1994 BMW 325i Radio help (alpine cde-121)

My OEM radio in the car died so I got the alpine cde-121
    I followed the directions and connected it but it does not work the power goes on but there is no sound, I have 1 wire (black/white) which according to the BMW diagram it is the second 12v+ wire but I have no idea where it goes, I can connect this to any wire and then the sounds works but the cars acts funny I feel like I am missing something big can anybody help, I did not use a harness I did the old fashion (spilt and clip) the wires together

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    No amp, which I know off? I have a (black/white) wire free, a (white) wire free and (grey/red) wire free and (brown/ white), thanks for responding this has been so frustration, we rebuilt the engine with no problem, but it is a problem Best Buy would not touch the car b/c of the age

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible
    The schematic is in my sig. Check the radio page. It tells you all the colours and what they do. You need to look in the car to see if you have a factory amp.

It's in the trunk somewhere, unless you have a cabrio, in which case it is behind the rear seat foam on the passenger side.

The colour codes are

RT Red
    SW Black
    GN Green
    BR Brown
    GE Yellow
    WS White
    VI Violet
    GR Grey
    BL Blue
    Last edited by Joylove; 06-22-2011 at 11:47 AM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i

Talking

Found the amp and the right wire all works great, thank you so much for your help

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i

more help

So the radio works got all the wires correct but the Cd player does not work nor does the aux port for the ipod...any ideas

Also my abs. Unit dies was told $1200 to replace where is this unit located so I can get a part number and get a replacement thanks...
    Last edited by Moshimax; 12-18-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost