Thread: The new BMW 1 Series

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post The new BMW 1 Series

Explore it at http://www.bmw.com/1series and see all model versions. This is the new BMW 1 Series. The second generation is even more sporty and fuel-efficient than before --and significantly more comfortable and spacious. Additionally, a BMW Sport Line and BMW Urban Line provide added scope for personalization using exclusive interior and exterior design features and equipment.

More...

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post The new BMW 1 Series

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0EU52wj_vE[/ame]

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    and significantly more comfortable and spacious.
    = larger and heavier

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    I like it!

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    Like i said in the leaked photo thread i am going to hold my judgement untill the coupe and vert come out. But so far my problem isnt with the headlights its with how the body transitions to the kidneys.

My Cars
    96 M3
    like i said in the other thread.. it looks like absolute crap so far

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    I just read the Car and Driver story on it and they seem to think its a refresh not a new generation.

My Cars
    92 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
    Like i said in the leaked photo thread i am going to hold my judgement untill the coupe and vert come out. But so far my problem isnt with the headlights its with how the body transitions to the kidneys.
    Better get used to that styling as new European "pedestrian crash" standards are dictating that style throughout the entire product range.

k
    Metal Mover @ www.milehighcarhelper.com
    |New & PreOwned Sales |Trades | Consignments |Vehicle Location| Consulting |

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by kablammo View Post
    Better get used to that styling as new European "pedestrian crash" standards are dictating that style throughout the entire product range.

k
    I love the new 5 and 7 series, it just this is just a little different. Heck i dont know I think i need to see it in person, but since i live in the US i doubt that will happen.

My Cars
    '01 740il, '02 330CiC
    This is possibly one of the Fugliest BMWs ever made. I quite like the current 1 but this is just horrendous. The front end styling, both from the front and the front half of the car viewed from the side is just hideous. I'm out.
    Buying an E34? Make sure you do a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI)!

My 10 page E34 customized PPI: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=E34+PPI

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." -- Nora Roberts, American Author

My Cars
    2010 camaro SS,2011 328i
    bad.

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    Love it.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW debuts more fuel-efficient new 1 Series

The smallest BMW is the USA is getting an upgrade.

More...

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Ugly. The current 1 series is quite nice. Gets some styling q's from an e46 in some spots an it looks very good. This new one is too big, too ugly, and looks too much like every other ugly new BMW being made. BMWs styling team needs to be fired. The last good looking 3 series was the e46. The last good looking 5 series was the e39. The last good looking 7 was the late 90s one (forget chassis code) and the best looking new one was the 1 series until now. Now all of the cars are just plain ugly as hell. Did you see the new 3 series concept?!?! Yikes!
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    74' 2002, 76' 530i
    first the 5 series GT then this!...F**K it, BMW is hopeless now days.

My Cars
    E39
    That front end looks like it belongs on a 5 or 7 series. This is a huge disappointment, looks horrible. You would think that they would ask some peoples opinions; like maybe a few people on the forums who have taste?!
    Editing by: Blitz355

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Horrid, jesus what were they thinking?

My Cars
    M3 all wood
    that is LOL ugly.
    ///M3COSMOS

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz355
    That front end looks like it belongs on a 5 or 7 series. This is a huge disappointment, looks horrible. You would think that they would ask some peoples opinions; like maybe a few people on the forums who have taste?!
    +1. We are the enthusiasts or in other words BMW nuts more so then the people that but them because they are badge blind. Maybe they should have a look see on every BMW forum in the world and see what the true BMW followers think.
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post
    +1. We are the enthusiasts or in other words BMW nuts more so then the people that but them because they are badge blind. Maybe they should have a look see on every BMW forum in the world and see what the true BMW followers think.
    I honestly do not think BMW cares anymore about their enthusiasts. I think for a long time they have taken the enthusiasts and the big following they do have for granted. BMW today cares only about its shareholders, which as a business is smart and I know every company has to do that, but BMW seems to only care about them. I like the sports car aspect of bmw and their new cars are a joke. I will never buy any BMW made after 2006. Hopefully in the next couple of years I can tuck away some money, because im going over to Porsche if I can. I cringe at the thought of what the new 3 series will look like, im sure it will be the size of the outgoing 5 series and ugly as hell.
    Sold-1995 Hellrot E36M3/Sold-1991 brilliantrot E30M3

"Ich mag ein nacktes, leichtes Auto haben. Für gemütlich geh ich ins Bett." Tim Schrick

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    I like it, bring it on.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2020 X3M, Camry
    I kinda like it. Although it reminds me of a VW Golf with a BMW front end...
    But seems okay to me.

My Cars
    1990 E30 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by TEUTONIC View Post
    I honestly do not think BMW cares anymore about their enthusiasts. I think for a long time they have taken the enthusiasts and the big following they do have for granted. BMW today cares only about its shareholders, which as a business is smart and I know every company has to do that, but BMW seems to only care about them. I like the sports car aspect of bmw and their new cars are a joke. I will never buy any BMW made after 2006. Hopefully in the next couple of years I can tuck away some money, because im going over to Porsche if I can. I cringe at the thought of what the new 3 series will look like, im sure it will be the size of the outgoing 5 series and ugly as hell.
    couldnt have said it better myself

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman132 View Post
    I kinda like it. Although it reminds me of a VW Golf with a BMW front end...
    But seems okay to me.
    That's what the 1 series is in the rest of the world. They 3 door and 5 door have been available in Europe since the 2004 Model Year. Coupe and Convertible were added for the NA market in 2008.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black