Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of an era - 2000 M Coupe is for sale

End of an era - 2000 M Coupe is for sale

Well folks, after more than 8 years with this car, we finally have to part ways. It was at my wedding and has been through the birth of my 2 kids. I managed to hold on to it, but it is time to let go. I just don't drive it enough anymore and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Rather than sit in my garage I'd rather know that it was in the hands of someone who will drive it and enjoy it as much as I used to.

This car has been to Dorkfest many times and is itching to go again. Perhaps this time though, it will be in new hands.

Car is posted for sale here:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2393365134.html

And on bimmerforums here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1649513

Would make a great track car since it already has all the tasty mods.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Catfish; 05-27-2011 at 09:42 PM.

My Cars
    M coupe, Titan, Focus SE
    Say it ain't so!

I believe I saw your car at the Dorkfests I attended.

Best of luck!
    Correrai ancor pił veloce per le vie del cielo...

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Sorry to hear this.
    I sold amny muscle cars and motorcycles while my family was growing.
    Now they are out of college and it is my turn again.
    They are the important ones at this time in your life. So no regrets for now.

Good luck with the sale.
    2000 Z3 MCoupe, '01 LSB E46 M3, '99 GTI VR6, '06 Audi A4, Andrew '95 Avus M3

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Sorry to see it go. And sorry that your 100th post in all of that time was it's FS thread...
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Hate to see the "end of an era" posts, but best wishes on the sale. Hope the coupe finds its way back to Dorkfest too

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.8 COUPE
    Wow.....Awesome BMW M Coupe.

I definitely would love to own my own M Coupe.

I have a 1999 Z3 Coupe that looks pristine as partial trade, then the rest cash. Seeing we are in the same city makes this hard to resist. That way you can stay keep a Coupe, just not as fast.
    1999 Z3 Coupe 2.8****Dinan CAI, Dinan Stage II Software, Dinan Exausts, Dinan Engine Cross Brace, Dinan pedals, and saggy glove box fix. More to come.....

Nivola....Yeah, I've been to Dorkfest many times. We've chatted a few times. It's been fun watching your car evolve over the years into a track machine. It looks fantastic. I've met many great people with this car, all of whom are still friends today even though some of us are now 'Coupeless'. I've enjoyed this car immensely and hope to pass it along to someone else who can do the same.

I already have 1 car too many so this is a sale only. No trades.

My Cars
    '99 M-Coupe, '85 325e
    Catfish! You're an icon 'round here. sorry to see you give up the fine ride. someone's gonna be a lucky buyer.
    Hope to see you and the car, even if separately, at next D-fest.

Best to you & family,
    PaulR

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2019 F31
    Sorry to see you go Dave. Hope you'll hop into another Coupe later on down the road.

-2023 Honda Odyssey Elite
    -2019 F31 Individual (M-Sport, Prem, Exec, Track)
    -2004 Honda CRV
    -2002 S54 M Coupé

Thanks guys. I may be letting go of the car, but I'm not going anywhere. This will certainly go down as one of those cars that I was glad I owned, and one that I would hope to own again someday when it makes a bit more sense. In the meantime, I still have the old Datsun 240Z and my kid hauler is a 911 so I'm not exactly going the way of the minivan.

Don't be surprised when a 911 crashes the next D'Fest.

My Cars
    2011 X5 M
    still available?

My Cars
    00 S52
    Dave, you're welcome at Dorkfest with or without the coupe. Hope to see you there, and good luck with your sale. My daughter just got a 2002 996 cab and her husband is bringing it back from TX this week-end. They're awesome cars. If I ever sell my S52, I'd get a P-Car (drove them for 30+ years before the coupe).

Hi Don,

I'm sure I'll be there one way or another. Life has certainly changed quite a bit over the past 8+ years, but the Coupe is one of those cars you can never fully let go of. I'll probably 'crash' Coupe parties from time to time.

I would love to know it goes to a good home and I would certainly get a real kick out of seeing it at events and on the road from time to time. My main hope is that whoever gets this car is as passionate about it as I am. If only Jay Leno would loan me some $$$ and garage space, then I wouldn't have to part ways with it.

My Cars
    00 S52
    Where's your car listed?

SFBay craigslist and here in the FS section. I updated my original post with the links.

Come to think of it, if someone is looking for a great track/autox car this one is probably hard to beat. I never got it to that point, but that is where it was slowly heading. It has most of the necessary mods already and the paint has a few issues which would only get worse on track anyway.

I've received a lot of interest in this car, but no firm offer yet. This car needs a new home and I need to get on with some new projects so I have reduced the price to $17.5K and I will include the Korman rebuilt 3.73 diff at this price. Based on other cars of similar vintage/condition, this seems like a very fair price. You basically get all these mods for free and most were installed in the last 20K or so miles. As a favor to a fellow enthusiast, please don't offend with offers of $10K or some ridiculous trade (i.e. I am not going to accept a 15yr old Miata as a trade for this car)

To answer a couple of common questions:
    1) The subframe is perfect. Has all factory welds and seam sealer intact.
    2) Brake pads and rotors are brand new (though this was obvious, but I guess not)
    3) I have all of the original parts except the stereo HU and suspension. I have everthing else including the HK amp/subwoofer/speakers, intake manifold, airbox, flywheel, etc....
    4) The car comes as-is and has no immediate needs. I am not doing any more work to it and the things it needs are quite minor. These little things are a good way for any new owner to get familiar with the car anyway. I have tried to be as forthright and honest as possible with my description so there are no surprises for anyone.
    5) More pictures and detailed repair history are available upon request.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.8 COUPE
    This M Coupe is my absolute favorate of all the ones for sale right now.

Do you know what your RWHP/RWTQ are?

I am always curious
    1999 Z3 Coupe 2.8****Dinan CAI, Dinan Stage II Software, Dinan Exausts, Dinan Engine Cross Brace, Dinan pedals, and saggy glove box fix. More to come.....

thanks. I really hope it goes to a great home.

I never measured the car on a dyno, but it has a much better top end than stock thanks to M50 manifold conversion and revs willingly with the LTFW. It's the way the car should have been from factory IMO. It's in the top 5 list of my all time favorite rides that I've ever owned/driven. #1 is my Datsun 240Z, but that's a different story.

My Cars
    '01 Z3.0 R; '13 MB Coupe
    If I were selling, I'd take the time to put the radio back in it. This is a major detractor for non-enthusiasts. If you don't have one, pick one up in the classifieds, or better yet, drop $150 on a nice aftermarket deck and tout it as a benefit.

Also, as suggested above, more pics are needed, in better quality.

Looks like a nice car, GLWS!
    Last edited by BlackjackM; 06-28-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Mods: Remus 76mm exhaust, CDV delete, ASA AR1 18in staggered wheels, Turner 12 mm spacers, custom red tails, Kenwood deck/Sirius/BT/USB, ZHP knob, Redline boot, LeatherZ armrest, Amsoil all around, red needles, Akebono Euro brake pads, 34k original miles!

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackM View Post
    If I were selling, I'd take the time to put the radio back in it. This is a major detractor for non-enthusiasts. If you don't have one, pick one up in the classifieds, or better yet, drop $150 on a nice aftermarket deck and tout it as a benefit.
    I think this would be a good idea and agree with some new photos. You have one of the best deals out there right now, but your listing isn't getting as much traffic as it deserves.
    Last edited by jrmartin03; 06-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

I am officially an Ex-Coupe owner. The car has been sold. Looks like it went to a good home since the new owner has already begun making some mods. It's also staying local so who knows when you'll see her on the road.

It's a little bittersweet for me to be honest. Sort of reminds me when you part ways with a long-time girlfriend. You guys don't hate each other, but also realised you're going in different directions and just aren't meant to stay together any more. I have had so many good memories with this car. Lots of great road trips, met lots of great people and had lots of fun. I will truly miss driving this thing around.

I may still find myself at a Dorkfest here and there so leave some room for some ex-Coupers to crash the party. Even though I don't have the car, I can't see myself getting it out of my blood completely. Once a Couper, always a Couper. It really is a lot like nothing else.

Cheers,
    Dave

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Its good that another enthusiast has the car now. Good home for it.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe

My Cars
    ModelS;CayenneD;M5;MCx2
    Sorry to see you go Catfish... to give this thread some history, the car was originally Karl Asseily's, and was treated like a queen... One of the first pioneering m coupe guys around.

Glad it found a nice home...

Patrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast