Thread: Just reset all of my adaptation values

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000

Just reset all of my adaptation values

I received my interface cable today, hooked it up, filled the gas tank with 93 octane , reset my values with INPA and off I went. I have to say it was a night and day difference! Throttle response, the whole car was revamped!!!

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Sweet. Yet to get mine because of a ups delay. Sigh... I only ordered it on Sunday. If only ECS shipped it on Monday instead of Wednesday...

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by WoLF View Post
    Sweet. Yet to get mine because of a ups delay. Sigh... I only ordered it on Sunday. If only ECS shipped it on Monday instead of Wednesday...
    After driving it for a while; I have to say I'm impressed!; I have no complaints about throttle response now!

When you clear them you should use INPA it lets you clear about 8 or so different adaptation values. You should fill up on a higher grade octane for the best results before clearing them.

My Cars
    1999 740i 1999 Honda CRV
    What version of INPA and EDIABAS did you use?

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoe46 View Post
    After driving it for a while; I have to say I'm impressed!; I have no complaints about throttle response now!

When you clear them you should use INPA it lets you clear about 8 or so different adaptation values. You should fill up on a higher grade octane for the best results before clearing them.
    Why a higher grade? I can't get any higher than what I currently get: 93...

My Cars
    1999 323i
    I can't get any higher than 91..

By the way, does the INPA software work with Windows Vista? Some search results I've looked at (through google) suggest I would need a computer with XP, and I certainly don't think there's any software out there for a Mac...
    Last edited by lovelikewinter; 03-19-2011 at 02:22 PM.

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    93 - 91 actane is fine. It's so that the knock sensors and other adaptation values adapt to 93 or 91 from the start instead of from lower grade fuels.

I'm using ediabas-6.4.3 on windows XP. I've also played around with DIS but I prefer NCSexpert and INPA over the fancier GUI interfaces.
    Last edited by newtoe46; 03-19-2011 at 05:24 PM.

My Cars
    2003 330xi
    Carsoft 6.5 and above has the ability of resetting adaptation values though not sure which ones or how many it does. I'll be trying it on my car to see if it makes any difference. I only run 93.

My Cars
    E46 325xi
    Just reset all of mine too this weekend. Started off by getting a CEL and went in to find out what happened. Reset the CEL light and thought while I was resetting stuff I would reset all the adaptations as well.

I too noticed a HUGE difference in throttle response as well as a "smoother" idle.

Couple things to note though. There may be a certian order in which the adaptations should be reset. After i perfomed the initial resets on all adaptations my idle was hovering at 1100 and pressing the pedal would cause a stall. Also the DSC, tranny, and other lights were lit up. Got worried for a moment but after resetting the throttle adpatation again everything went back to normal.

I dont know if it was just coincidence, the car needing to "re-learn" stuff, or the final throttle reset that did it. Just be aware.

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
    Just reset all of mine too this weekend. Started off by getting a CEL and went in to find out what happened. Reset the CEL light and thought while I was resetting stuff I would reset all the adaptations as well.

I too noticed a HUGE difference in throttle response as well as a "smoother" idle.

Couple things to note though. There may be a certian order in which the adaptations should be reset. After i perfomed the initial resets on all adaptations my idle was hovering at 1100 and pressing the pedal would cause a stall. Also the DSC, tranny, and other lights were lit up. Got worried for a moment but after resetting the throttle adpatation again everything went back to normal.

I dont know if it was just coincidence, the car needing to "re-learn" stuff, or the final throttle reset that did it. Just be aware.
    Maybe your car has some sort of problem or one of the components below are starting to fail or have failed already and therefore causing it to stall when the adaptation values are reset since the ecu finds some values that are out of spec and causing it to re-adapt to those out of spec engine conditions.

DIS states that the values should be reset when new parts are fitted.. e.g
    Throttle body, crankshaft position sensors, 02 sensors.

Mine was flawless the moment I started up the engine with the values reset-- I reset mine after installing a new DISA valve, fuel filter, changed all the dry rotted vacuum lines, plugged up the secondary air pump exhaust check valve port, new CCV and hoses, new VCG, new Throttle body gasket, cleaned ICV and throttle body, new air filter, spark plugs, and installed besian systems VANOS seals.

I will take some screenshots about what DIS has to say regarding adaption values.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by newtoe46; 03-27-2011 at 05:17 AM.

My Cars
    if any one can help~!
    i have E36 316 1997 model!
    i want to make ecu reset-adaptation values!
    but i can t found anywhere ecu reset option on bmw ediabas inpa software!
    please help me!
    i try for over a week!

My Cars
    2005 325i Silbergrau 5sp
    How different is this compared to the "key reset" (position 1 for 10 s, key to position 0 for 10 s, and then start)?

"you vill haf goose pimples" Meyle HD CABS, sock mod, and new hoses, pulleys, belts and water pump.
    Weisslicht LED AEs from JleviSW that came in a Khoalty-looking box.

My Cars
    1999 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    How different is this compared to the "key reset" (position 1 for 10 s, key to position 0 for 10 s, and then start)?
    Is there any confirmation when you do this? I just tried it, and I didn't notice any difference.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    I'm still not sure I believe the key trick does anything. (if anything, just throttle adaptation)

The INPA method can clear 8 different adaptation values.

My Cars
    1989 BMW 735iL
    I wish I spoke BMWeese...lol <<< NooB

My Cars
    2005 325i Silbergrau 5sp
    OK, i see, quiet different. Not sure about the key thing either, probably more of a myth than anything.

"you vill haf goose pimples" Meyle HD CABS, sock mod, and new hoses, pulleys, belts and water pump.
    Weisslicht LED AEs from JleviSW that came in a Khoalty-looking box.

My Cars
    DResonator
    Where can I find product and procedure to reset adaptation values? Thanks in advance guys.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by WoLF View Post
    I'm still not sure I believe the key trick does anything. (if anything, just throttle adaptation)

The INPA method can clear 8 different adaptation values.
    can i clear all this adaptations f1 - f8 ?( if i find this option on my car with inpa...)
    is there any problem if i do that?