Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E30 M10 Turbo on E85; soon to be on Methanol & who knows what else...

My Cars
    5 Series Sport Wagon
    E85 will make some killer power without detonation. The methanol is only a crutch for gas powered cars with high compression. Methanol injection is useless, unless you run 100% methanol as a primary fuel then who needs E85. LOL G/L with your project. ///J.T.///
    Lot's of new stuff hope it stays together a little longer. LOL

My Cars
    Turbo E21,12 WRX,03 S2K
    I think running E85 would def be cool, but I think for an E21 it might be more a pain since its so old. What my problem right now is, is that I detonate with our shitty 91 oct gas here if I were to give it more advance. Right now i'm pulling like 17-18degs of timing at 14psi and I feel the motor holding back, so I think Meth would def help my issues.

Once I get to the point of meth injection, I be contacting you HSV.

E21 LEGION

Crypto success: http://brief.watchersfrontline.com/SHV

My Cars
    e34 525 "natalie"
    there are many parts of my tune where i'm running 25 degrees of timing

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
    there are many parts of my tune where i'm running 25 degrees of timing
    Pics of ID2000 in M20 manifold plz?

My Cars
    89 in the 1/8th eh...

thats like a 110 mph car down the 1/4. Nice set up.

My Cars
    e34 525 "natalie"
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Pics of ID2000 in M20 manifold plz?

as i said in one of my earlier posts

no more pics
    no more vids
    no more build threads

it is what it is.

if you don't like it ... i don't give a sh!t

My Cars
    90 325
    Then quit posting what you're doing because they really aren't very informative posts and you have no other information or tactics to share...?

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by exvitermini2 View Post
    Then quit posting what you're doing because they really aren't very informative posts and you have no other information or tactics to share...?
    Its because he doesn't run those injectors. He runs a megasquirt ECU which only has two injector banks so it pulses 3 injectors at a time. It tough getting a car to run on 80# injectors on that setup let alone 200# injectors. Not to mention ID2000 are $249 ea. If you saw the build you'd know there's no way he's running $1500 fuel injectors. He's just caught up in another lie which stinks because he's telling people how to do things without actually having done them.

My Cars
    Turbo E21,12 WRX,03 S2K
    This thread is about the OP's E30, so lets please stay on topic.

E21 LEGION

Crypto success: http://brief.watchersfrontline.com/SHV

My Cars
    e34 525 "natalie"
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Its because he doesn't run those injectors. He runs a megasquirt ECU which only has two injector banks so it pulses 3 injectors at a time. It tough getting a car to run on 80# injectors on that setup let alone 200# injectors. Not to mention ID2000 are $249 ea. If you saw the build you'd know there's no way he's running $1500 fuel injectors. He's just caught up in another lie which stinks because he's telling people how to do things without actually having done them.

first it's running on the semi sequential fuel, 3 banks of 2 injectors.

second i'm sick of all the BS YOU and BIN and am just not going to be posting any more pics/vids/build threads

lastly the injectors, i spoke with a few vendors and ended up getting them for 200 each

My Cars
    Suck

second i'm sick of all the BS YOU and BIN and am just not going to be posting any more pics/vids/build threads

lastly the injectors, i spoke with a few vendors and ended up getting them for 200 each
    The only reason you aren't getting more BS around here is that fewer people have been exposed to you around here. Bfc is a big place, compared to say... r3v, so you can make little posts here and there and manage to slip below the radar.

Second, the people that DO know you know how full of crap you are, which is why you don't get to get away with it.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by got psi View Post
    E85 will make some killer power without detonation. The methanol is only a crutch for gas powered cars with high compression. Methanol injection is useless, unless you run 100% methanol as a primary fuel then who needs E85. LOL G/L with your project. ///J.T.///
    Methanol as a crutch, then I need 4 more lol. Crutch 1; My understanding with methanol is that it produces ~20% more energy then gasoline. Crutch 2; I did a thermal calculation on the cooling effect it has on intake temperatures. Comparing methanol to say e85 is amazing. (Guess you overlooked my IC, as it is easy to do, I don't run one). Crutch 3; Comparing Methanol to Gasoline in my Rocket Engine handbook, Methanol has ~10% cooler exhaust temperatures, thus easier on thermal expansion to the manifold. Crutch 4: I believe Methanol has a higher octane rating then e85... Anyway thanks, its been a great project.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post
    What my problem right now is, is that I detonate with our shitty 91 oct gas here if I were to give it more advance. Right now i'm pulling like 17-18degs of timing at 14psi and I feel the motor holding back, so I think Meth would def help my issue.
    Detonation, a good way to break some pistons. I busted ring lands on my NA 1966 gto, not once but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by breakfast View Post
    89 in the 1/8th eh...

thats like a 110 mph car down the 1/4. Nice set up.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by exvitermini2 View Post
    I agree, this is my thread thank you...

You can quit posting your stuff on my thread thank you very much!
    WOT

My Cars
    95 M3
    Doing my part yesterday for Earth Day:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfsEw0J7dI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]
    WOT

My Cars
    85 318i
    I've been following your thread, looks like your having a lot of fun with it.
    Great work Are you blowing through the stock AFM?
    I would guess your around 300whp.
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    none
    Very creative build! And you ARE having fun on thes 205's! Very nice build and good job!

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by good & tight View Post
    I've been following your thread, looks like your having a lot of fun with it.
    Great work Are you blowing through the stock AFM?
    I would guess your around 300whp.
    Thanks G&T. I am doing a blow thru stock AFM. Not sure if I am at the 300 whp or not, but getting close I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Very creative build! And you ARE having fun on thes 205's! Very nice build and good job!
    Thanks I appreciate that. Guess I am doing things a little different and having fun doing so....
    WOT

My Cars
    85 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvturbo View Post
    Thanks G&T. I am doing a blow thru stock AFM. Not sure if I am at the 300 whp or not, but getting close I believe.
    For reference your 1/8 mile time is faster than the HPF 2.75 car. Your mph is lower, but for a stock 1.8 single stick engine it's very impressive.

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    For reference your 1/8 mile time is faster than the HPF 2.75 car. Your mph is lower, but for a stock 1.8 single stick engine it's very impressive.
    HSV your doing great! Get that thing to the full 1/4 mile!

My Cars
    95 M3
    Say what! They make bmw engines with more then one camshaft,, Actually, if you are talking about Falon's runs about two weeks ago, she was actually quicker to the 1/8 mile. Her 4th run, in the video, was 8.029 seconds to my 8.08 I did have her times written down last weekend and was a little (just a little) disappointed I didn't get into the 7's.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo325ii View Post
    HSV your doing great! Get that thing to the full 1/4 mile!
    Thanks Brett, Congratulations on your 11.6 run in vegas. As for me, got to wait awhile to get some drag radials or something before I hit the 1/4. I'm in no big hurry and plus, when I do hit the 1/4, I'm gunning for a 11.99 second or better
    WOT

My Cars
    85 318i
    Here's my 1/4 time slip in my turbo M10 on street tires. 2 liter motor with 25psi pump gas mixed with race gas. 11's would be awesome on a stock engine.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I think so too. I'm thinking I will need at least 22 lbs of boost to get there. I also think my weak link will be the stock ignition not having a strong enough spark for the boost, hope I'm wrong on that though. Your car was flying at 94 mph in the 1/8!
    WOT

My Cars
    95 M3
    Was real bored yesterday, so thought I would make a new vid. Hitting 20#'s of boost for the first time today on a stock 1.8L M10.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ky8imy45TA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]
    WOT

My Cars
    95 M3

BMW vs Porsche

Just driving to work the other day minding my own business and look what happens>
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgH0Viz6VuE[/ame]
    WOT

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    I love it because your just having fun and enjoying your car. We need more of this on the board instead of bickering.
    85' Turbo M50 E30 | 95' M3 Nitrous, Coilovers, DJ Autos, UUC SSK

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nj85'325 View Post
    I love it because your just having fun and enjoying your car. We need more of this on the board instead of bickering.
    Heck yah.

Running toe to toe with a $150K; 500hp Porsche turbo to the top of third gear, priceless.
    WOT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast