Thread: BMW 1 Series M Coupe Configurator is now online!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

BMW 1 Series M Coupe Configurator is now online!

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...icBUWyt12sn+lo=

You can now build your 1 Series M Coupe on www.bmwusa.com.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    96 M3
    lol. i guess they needed to add it but there is like nothing you can do with it
    disappointed bmw offers [basically] nothing for it

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    it is supposed to be no frills...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    1993 bmw 325i
    When I was in England I saw some one series, 123 if I am not mistaken, To boot they were diesel. I currently drive a 93 325i. This engine is already pretty much bulletproof. I would love to see what a diesel engine would be able to do. Go for 500K?

My Cars
    BMWs & MINIs
    Quote Originally Posted by N05 View Post
    lol. i guess they needed to add it but there is like nothing you can do with it
    disappointed bmw offers [basically] nothing for it
    I'm glad they don't- this is the type of BMW I fell in love with.

-Sean from The BMW/Mini Part Store-
    [Website]http://thebmwminipartstore.com/
    [Email] thebmwminipartstore@gmail.com

My Cars
    96 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    it is supposed to be no frills...
    yeah i know but nowadays they have a bunch of options on all of their cars...
    .. i guess i'm just disappointed that i cant play with the configurator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBMWPartStore View Post
    I'm glad they don't- this is the type of BMW I fell in love with.
    yeah thats a good point actually

My Cars
    '97 328i
    "You can have any color interior you want...as long as you want black." I love black interiors, don't get me wrong, but only one option? Hell, least I won't have to look at any red interiors. I detest red interiors.

Also, would have liked to see Hellrot as an option and the e30 M3 silver.
    Fourteen seconds after turning in my lease car: "Well...these last three years are pretty much pointless now."

My Cars
    95 M3
    I got the price up to $54k before I quit in disgust. I guess I was a little surprised at how plain the interior was for a $54k car.
    RobH
    95 M3
    --------------------

My Cars
    E36 M3
    you guys are unbelievable. The 1M is supposed to be simple and focused on performance. If you want to configure colors and options, go get a 328i sedan. This car is meant to be a track rat with minimal distractions.

And plain interior??? It's alcantara with colored stitching. Go look at a $300k Lambo and it's the same. You should be looking at the track and not at the radio in this car.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I'm just wondering why there is so much demand for this car when the Z4 M Coupe that existed in the past was such a poor seller. It was essentially the same thing.

My Cars
    96 M3
    I'm just wondering why there is so much demand for this car when the Z4 M Coupe that existed in the past was such a poor seller. It was essentially the same thing.
    because its "limited" production

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Perhaps the size? I know I can't fit in a Z4M Coupe but I fit fine in a 1. Maybe people like the idea of the E30 roots? Could be the radical styling of the Z4M?

I also like the aftermarket for the 1M much better than the Z4M. Turbo's are just so much fun

Who knows...

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    The demand for this car was by a bunch of poor, e30-owning college students that won't be able to afford the 1M until 2025 unless it's on their parent's dime.

That's why it's limited production. It's a test to see if the US can support such limited run cars. Hopefully, the "enthusiasts" that can actually afford this car will buy it; otherwise, we'll never see another limited production car in the US again.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ss109 View Post
    The demand for this car was by a bunch of poor, e30-owning college students that won't be able to afford the 1M until 2025 unless it's on their parent's dime.

That's why it's limited production. It's a test to see if the US can support such limited run cars. Hopefully, the "enthusiasts" that can actually afford this car will buy it; otherwise, we'll never see another limited production car in the US again.
    lol that's why almost all of them are already pre-sold.

My Cars
    E91 328iX, 1995 540i/6
    $47,910 The way I want it... Not that I can afford it.

My Cars
    96 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by AshamedGorilla View Post
    $47,910 The way I want it... Not that I can afford it.
    $47,010 they way i'd want it

....now if I was only $47,010 richer

My Cars
    1995 325i
    I love how people whined and complained for the longest time about how all BMWs had too many bells and whistles, and how BMW needed to make another 'Driver's car,' and now everyone's complaining about how the 1M doesn't have any options.

Really?

$49,535 the way I want it. Cannot afford.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by timsev View Post
    you guys are unbelievable. The 1M is supposed to be simple and focused on performance. If you want to configure colors and options, go get a 328i sedan. This car is meant to be a track rat with minimal distractions.

And plain interior??? It's alcantara with colored stitching. Go look at a $300k Lambo and it's the same. You should be looking at the track and not at the radio in this car.
    For $54k (before dealer price gouging) the interior better cook breakfast, give me a back massage, and have a lifelike 3d version of Angelina Jolie in the passenger seat. I can have a very capable track car with a plain interior by going to my garage....and it is already long since paid for.
    RobH
    95 M3
    --------------------

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    For $54k (before dealer price gouging) the interior better cook breakfast, give me a back massage, and have a lifelike 3d version of Angelina Jolie in the passenger seat. I can have a very capable track car with a plain interior by going to my garage....and it is already long since paid for.
    Have you been in a 1 Series. It has Nav, Satellite radio, HD radio, OBC, Comfort Access, heated seats, power seats, lumbar and width adjustment, steering wheel controls, auto wipers, and so on and so on. Plus, every fanboy is in love with Alcantara. What else would you like it to do?

Go look at a GT3, F430, Lambo, ZR1, Etc. Basically any supercar and they don't have half the features a 1M does. They have a seat, traction control, and some half rate Navi system. For $54k, you are getting a lot of car.

My Cars
    1999 323i Vert
    Metallic paint was the only real option I would spring for (like so many others, NOT that I could afford it anyway).

They clump so many items together though which really sucks: yes I want the anti-theft system, lumbar support, and power seats would be nice. I don't need the other $2,700 of Nav system, park distance control, auto-dimming anything, etc...