Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E91 FRM to FRM2?

My Cars
    E90
    u r right...u can reset 4 times until permanet shutdown
    this only works with FRM2 and FRM3....

My Cars
    E90
    Curious to know, what function does this do?
    "Using NCS Expert I read VO from CAS and wrote it to new FRM using job FA_ SCHREIBEN. I now get correct VIN (FG) and VO (FA) from FRM in NCS Expert. " FA_SCHREIBEN?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    FA is the abbreviation for Vehicle Order in german. FA_SCHREIBEN allows you to write VO changes to the car

My Cars
    E90
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    FA is the abbreviation for Vehicle Order in german. FA_SCHREIBEN allows you to write VO changes to the car
    I thought you only use FA_Write to CAS and FRM? No?

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Quote Originally Posted by StudieJP View Post
    I thought you only use FA_Write to CAS and FRM? No?
    Both are the same thing. Job named "FA_WRITE" in english version of NCS-EXPERT is "FA_SCHREIBEN" in the german version.

My Cars
    E90
    Quote Originally Posted by f00gami View Post
    Both are the same thing. Job named "FA_WRITE" in english version of NCS-EXPERT is "FA_SCHREIBEN" in the german version.
    Ah, thank you for clarification.
    I plan to do FRM1 to FRM2 upgrade myself.

Install FRM2, use WinKFP to Update. Then Use NCS Expert to Write VO to FRM and CAS?
    Is there anything else that need to be changed? What is with the production year? Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by StudieJP; 03-04-2011 at 03:23 AM.

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Ok, guys. A couple of posts back I was ready to give up due to the short circuit-code in my used FRM2 which I couldn't remove.

Anyway, today I gave it a last chance. I connected to the module using Toolset32 and the correct SGBD (FRM70.prg for FRM2). Toolset32 lets you send all commands the module can interpret.

Among the available commands was "short circuit reset" (except in german). The command required an argument - the number (id) of the lamp circuit to reset. I had no idea what id the left inner backlight has, so I ran the command for all id's 0-63.

And? Well, the short circuit error could now be cleared using INPA! Backlight is working, no more errors! And welcome lights are working, of course.

A happy ending to a long story

My Cars
    E90
    Ok, guys. A couple of posts back I was ready to give up due to the short circuit-code in my used FRM2 which I couldn't remove.

Anyway, today I gave it a last chance. I connected to the module using Toolset32 and the correct SGBD (FRM70.prg for FRM2). Toolset32 lets you send all commands the module can interpret.

Among the available commands was "short circuit reset" (except in german). The command required an argument - the number (id) of the lamp circuit to reset. I had no idea what id the left inner backlight has, so I ran the command for all id's 0-63.

And? Well, the short circuit error could now be cleared using INPA! Backlight is working, no more errors! And welcome lights are working, of course.

A happy ending to a long story

That is good news mate, did you use loschen on the FRM module memory?

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Ah, thank you for clarification.
    I plan to do FRM1 to FRM2 upgrade myself.

Install FRM2, use WinKFP to Update. Then Use NCS Expert to Write VO to FRM and CAS?
    Is there anything else that need to be changed? What is with the production year? Thank you for the help.
    I think you will find most answers in this thread. I had more problems than necessary due to a short circuit error code which came with my second-hand FRM2.

The basic steps:
    1) Remove FRM, install FRM2.
    2) Use WinKFP to program the module, make sure to enter your VIN-number before programming.
    3) Switch to NCS-EXPERT. Get your Vehicle Order from the CAS module (as we are unsure of what the FRM2 module contains.
    4) Write the Vehicle Order to module "FRM" using job "FA_WRITE"
    5) Go back to the main menu (or restart ncs-expert) and get the vehicle order from the "NFRM" module. Make sure NFRM returns YOUR VIN and YOUR VO. We want the VIN (FG) and VO (FA) to be the same in both CAS and NFRM.
    6) You now need to do the trick described by 4711 a couple of posts back, i.e. change the production date in the VO to at least #0307. If you don't do this, ncs-expert will not list NFRM (=FRM2) in the "Process ECU"-list and you won't be able to code it. Change the VO using the "Enter FA" option - remove your production date and enter #0307 (meaning march 2007).
    7) Now click "Process ECU" and select "NFRM"
    8) Switch to a profile which supports FSW_PSW manipulation and code the module using an empty FSW_PSW.MAN.

Done! The above is not exactly a step-by-step description and assumes you have some knowledge of tools like ncs-expert and WinKFP.

That is good news mate, did you use loschen on the FRM module memory?
    I used Toolset32 and a job namned "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung" which roughly translates to "control_reset_shortcircuit-shutdown". The job requires an argument - the id of the lamp circuit to reset.
    Last edited by f00gami; 03-04-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E90
    could u reset the short-circuit on ur frm2?

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Quote Originally Posted by ypoc View Post
    could u reset the short-circuit on ur frm2?
    Yes, finally. I used Toolset32 and the job "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung", which did the trick!

My Cars
    E90
    nice one

My Cars
    E91
    Yes, finally. I used Toolset32 and the job "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung", which did the trick!
    You did it ,Mate

Ok, than i will try again to reset my FRM2 .As i said i am not sure if the short circuit works for me.
    But i don t saw that i have to write different ID s .
    What do you exactly write in the Field of short circuit Reset .

My Cars
    E90
    I think you will find most answers in this thread. I had more problems than necessary due to a short circuit error code which came with my second-hand FRM2.

The basic steps:
    2) Use WinKFP to program the module, make sure to enter your VIN-number before programming.
    3) Switch to NCS-EXPERT. Get your Vehicle Order from the CAS module (as we are unsure of what the FRM2 module contains.
    5) Go back to the main menu (or restart ncs-expert) and get the vehicle order from the "NFRM" module. Make sure NFRM returns YOUR VIN and YOUR VO. We want the VIN (FG) and VO (FA) to be the same in both CAS and NFRM.
    6) You now need to do the trick described by 4711 a couple of posts back, i.e. change the production date in the VO to at least #0307. If you don't do this, ncs-expert will not list NFRM (=FRM2) in the "Process ECU"-list and you won't be able to code it. Change the VO using the "Enter FA" option - remove your production date and enter #0307 (meaning march 2007).
    8) Switch to a profile which supports FSW_PSW manipulation and code the module using an empty FSW_PSW.MAN.

Done! The above is not exactly a step-by-step description and assumes you have some knowledge of tools like ncs-expert and WinKFP.

I used Toolset32 and a job namned "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung" which roughly translates to "control_reset_shortcircuit-shutdown". The job requires an argument - the id of the lamp circuit to reset.
    Absolutely excellent contribution mate! I fully understand what you are doing now. Thank you for the write up, will attempt when my FRM2 arrives.

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    You did it ,Mate

Ok, than i will try again to reset my FRM2 .As i said i am not sure if the short circuit works for me.
    But i don t saw that i have to write different ID s .
    What do you exactly write in the Field of short circuit Reset .
    To be sure of what you're doing, I would do it this way;

- Connect cable to your car, launch Toolset32 and load FRM70.prg (for FRM2).
    - In the window called Select job: FRM_70, select the job status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. In the list Results select job_status and the lamp output which is shut off due to short circuit protection.
    - Send the job to the car using the F5 key. You should get an answer in the Results window and the COUNTER value should be > 0. If COUNTER is = 0 then you didn't select the right lamp output. Try finding the one(s) which have COUNTER > 0. You will look at this value later to see if the short circuit reset-job actually worked.
    - Now, switch job to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. Notice that this job requires one (1) argument: lamp_nr. Lamp_nr is a number 0-255. Enter the lamp_nr to clear in the Arguments list and select job_status under Results.
    - Send the job using F5. Make sure you get an answer OKAY in the Results window.

Note: I don't know the mapping between each lamp and lamp_nr, so I simply sent the command 64 times for all lamp_nr from 0 to 63. Try this - I guess it can't do any harm. Since lamp_nr is supposed to be an integer, I guess possible values for lamp_nr are 0-255.

When you have sent kurzschlussabschaltung-commands for all lamp_nr, do the first job again (check COUNTER). If everything is good, the counters which were > 0 before should now be = 0.

Also, I see there are two jobs which are named quite similar - steuern_lampen_kurzschlussabschaltung and _reset_kurzschluss_sperre. I don't know the difference between these two, but if one doesn't clear your counters, I would try the other one too. Both jobs require the lamp_nr-argument.

Good luck!
    Last edited by f00gami; 03-05-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Correction

My Cars
    E91
    Thank you for you detailed answer, for me that don t work because i can only reset Lamps not the LWR_Treiber where i have the short circuit.
    I Think i will throw this FRM on the wall. I have spent to much time in this rubbish.
    Maybe i will find another one which will work.
    Last edited by 4711; 03-05-2011 at 01:36 PM.

My Cars
    E90
    I have trouble fixing a short circuit FRM1, is it not fixable?
    I should possibly replace it with a FRM2.

My Cars
    2006 E91
    I have trouble fixing a short circuit FRM1, is it not fixable?
    I should possibly replace it with a FRM2.
    I see no such options with toolset32 and FRM1, unfortunately.

My Cars
    BMW 318i 2006

The basic steps:
    Hey,
    how can I program the FRM2 module with winKFP?

My Cars
    E91
    Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    Thank you for you detailed answer, for me that don t work because i can only reset Lamps not the LWR_Treiber where i have the short circuit.
    I Think i will throw this FRM on the wall. I have spent to much time in this rubbish.
    Maybe i will find another one which will work.
    any news on it?
    I have the same error. Is it possible to reset with tool32?

My Cars
    E91
    Quote Originally Posted by stone86 View Post
    any news on it?
    I have the same error. Is it possible to reset with tool32?
    I have bought a FRM3 now it works for me.With 3 different FRM2 it don t work for me.
    i have tried a lot of coding on my frm2,but i couldn t got it work.

My Cars
    540i
    To be sure of what you're doing, I would do it this way;

- Connect cable to your car, launch Toolset32 and load FRM70.prg (for FRM2).
    - In the window called Select job: FRM_70, select the job status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. In the list Results select job_status and the lamp output which is shut off due to short circuit protection.
    - Send the job to the car using the F5 key. You should get an answer in the Results window and the COUNTER value should be > 0. If COUNTER is = 0 then you didn't select the right lamp output. Try finding the one(s) which have COUNTER > 0. You will look at this value later to see if the short circuit reset-job actually worked.
    - Now, switch job to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. Notice that this job requires one (1) argument: lamp_nr. Lamp_nr is a number 0-255. Enter the lamp_nr to clear in the Arguments list and select job_status under Results.
    - Send the job using F5. Make sure you get an answer OKAY in the Results window.

Note: I don't know the mapping between each lamp and lamp_nr, so I simply sent the command 64 times for all lamp_nr from 0 to 63. Try this - I guess it can't do any harm. Since lamp_nr is supposed to be an integer, I guess possible values for lamp_nr are 0-255.

When you have sent kurzschlussabschaltung-commands for all lamp_nr, do the first job again (check COUNTER). If everything is good, the counters which were > 0 before should now be = 0.

Also, I see there are two jobs which are named quite similar - steuern_lampen_kurzschlussabschaltung and _reset_kurzschluss_sperre. I don't know the difference between these two, but if one doesn't clear your counters, I would try the other one too. Both jobs require the lamp_nr-argument.

Good luck!
    Hi, Could you please explain this process a bit more. I have open circuit errors on both my DRLs and no amount of coding work seems to fix it. The wiring is perfect and connected to where it should be.

Now when I go into stuern_lampen_kurzshlussabschaltung, it gives these options:

Arguments Data:
    0x3f

Argumente: 1
    lamp_nr

Is it the "0x3f" part that I am changing from 0-63 and then pressing f5, so like 3x3f or 62x3f?
    Last edited by drawn05; 07-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.

My Cars
    2007 BMW e92
    Hello there! Just a quick one... I'm trying to change my VO in order to be able to code my retrofitted CIC. But I don't have the option FA_WRITE on my NFRM module on NCS Expert... I can do it for CAS but not for the NFRM...

Thank you!

My Cars
    2007 BMW e92
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperyal View Post
    Hello there! Just a quick one... I'm trying to change my VO in order to be able to code my retrofitted CIC. But I don't have the option FA_WRITE on my NFRM module on NCS Expert... I can do it for CAS but not for the NFRM...

Thank you!
    That one already solved, NCS installation problem only.

My Cars
    BMW 1 e87
    I need to bump this thread, I didnīt want to create a new one, however:

I installed a new FRM2 into my e87 from 2005 with an FRMFA (FRM1), it works so far, it gets recognized (or simulated) as NFRM, not a big deal..

But when it comes to coding/updating in WinKfp I get an error, thatīs where I need your help

This what I get after Update ZUSB/FRM2/Entered VIN/Done/Prog ZB-Update:

2089 PABD/CABD FRM2 Programmieren 3445
    switching programming mode failed 10FLASH, DIAGNOSE_MODE (ECUPM): ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUEN CE_ERROR

or in NSCExpert when trying to update/reset the NFRM:

...bip-0009 best version error

Any ideas? Iīm running with SP42 files...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast