Tamiya TA05, Evolution IV MS, CR-01
    Kyosho MP777 SP2
    Losi BK2 and MRC
    Traxxas Slash, hopped-up.
    newest toy is the Tamiya TRF801XT

My Cars
    M coupe, Titan, Focus SE
    I'm in as well.
    Correrai ancor pił veloce per le vie del cielo...

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Quote Originally Posted by MotionMotorsport View Post
    Well, we understand that not everyone would want a dedicated splitter piece for their car. It would narrow down the range of appeal too much, I think. What it does currently allow, however, is a solid platform for mounting a retractable splitter similar to our GT/A adjustable splitter for the E36 M3, should the time and interest present itself down the road. One thing at a time, though.
    Wish it didn't take 10 years for someone to finally step up to the plate and make something for these cars.

It's too bad an adjustable splitter isn't in production yet... I would've have had to drill so many holes in my bumper

My Cars
    2008 M5
    Hmm, just replaced my plastic one 5 yrs ago when I ran over some crap on the 91 Fwy. If its not looking so good anymore, I'll probably go in for one and can combine shipping with Dion!
    '08 M5 Sepang Bronze/Portland - Modded-
    '11 328i M Sport Le Manns Blue/Oyster - wifeymobile
    '02 525i Touring Alpine White/Sand - Getting modded
    '06 Mini Cooper JCW GP#1281 - SOLD
    '10 MiniCooper S Laurel Sport Edition 1/100 - SOLD
    '99 M Coupe Laguna Seca Blue/Black - highly modded SOLD
    '04 4.8is X5 Estoril/Black Alcantara - modded SOLD
    '01 740i Shorty Sport - TiAg/Blk - SOLD
    '98 M3/2 Cosmos - Modded SOLD
    '97 M3/4 Alpine - stock SOLD

My Cars
    PY Mcoupe
    How much would shipping to Canada be?

I cracked mine last year running over something.

My Cars
    M CPE
    In for one!

My Cars
    02 MCoupe & M5, 93 MR2T
    sign me up
    Mike a.k.a TaSkMaStA

I have a bellybutton!!!

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I know it might be askin much....Any chance you could show a CAD view from above or below with dimensions so I can measure clearance for where the mounting points are with the stuff that might be in the way now?

Sent from my DROIDX using BF.com

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    Car never had the panel ever since I had it. Engine compartment is clean and I intend to keep it that way, so I'm in.

My Cars
    00 M roadster, 98 SVT Contour, 04 Sienna, 08 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by JT///M3 View Post
    Hmm, just replaced my plastic one 5 yrs ago when I ran over some crap on the 91 Fwy. If its not looking so good anymore, I'll probably go in for one and can combine shipping with Dion!
    Mine (along with the front bumper) got hammered by a bouncing water cooler that you see on the CalTrans or construction trucks. The cooler fell off and I was lucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So just do it and let's save on shipping costs! LOL.
    dion
    '00 M roadster, modded
    '98 SVT Contour, lots of mods
    '04 Sienna XLE LTD AWD
    '08 MB C300 Sport, P1, 18's
    Tamiya TA05, Evolution IV MS, CR-01
    Kyosho MP777 SP2
    Losi BK2 and MRC
    Traxxas Slash, hopped-up.
    newest toy is the Tamiya TRF801XT

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey2.8 View Post
    i'd buy it if it fit the non-m.. no love

+1

I would sign up immediately!

Since the majority of interest was from the M crowd, that is the direction we were compelled to go in. If someone from the non-M crowd would like to attempt a retrofit and report back, we can set that up. However, my initial impression is that it will not fit as cleanly as most of us would like due to the inherent differences between bumper covers.

If there is a sufficient number of committed non-M buyers, we can look into doing a separate run of those as well, though it likely won't be a part that is kept in stock. We do have minimum production volumes, and need to know that enough will be sold to at minimum cover the initial investment.

That can be a separate thread once this moves into the next phase....

Looks like you already have 4 so far!

Question (to whomever) : is it possible that with this on, if in a a regular traffic accident with front end damage, that insurance company will say that having this in place made the damage worse (or whatever they would argue), and not pay?
    Last edited by ArticZ; 02-26-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Fantastic idea! I am curious about the "+ shipping" though...
    -Chris

No Chrome on the Wheels, I'm a Baller for Real

My Cars
    2000 2.3 Z3, 2007 328xi
    Since the majority of interest was from the M crowd, that is the direction we were compelled to go in. If someone from the non-M crowd would like to attempt a retrofit and report back, we can set that up. However, my initial impression is that it will not fit as cleanly as most of us would like due to the inherent differences between bumper covers.

If there is a sufficient number of committed non-M buyers, we can look into doing a separate run of those as well, though it likely won't be a part that is kept in stock. We do have minimum production volumes, and need to know that enough will be sold to at minimum cover the initial investment.

That can be a separate thread once this moves into the next phase.
    Another non-M interested here- - seems counter-intuitive to me to NOT produce a non-M version since there are like what 10 to 1 non-M to Ms? I know M owners would be more likely to buy, but it seems you are under estimating the volume if you are planning on supplying this long-term? no? Well if anyone finds out it does fit - I don't think so - I would still be interested.
    Last edited by ZGator; 02-26-2011 at 01:52 PM.

“Great wisdom is generous; petty wisdom is contentious.” 无为

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGator View Post
    Another non-M interested here- - seems counter-intuitive to me to NOT produce a non-M version since there are like what 10 to 1 non-M to Ms? I know M owners would be more likely to buy, but it seems you are under estimating the volume if you are planning on supplying this long-term? no? Well if anyone finds out it does fit - I don't think so - I would still be interested.

I think that this site has more Ms than non-Ms and this site was the motivation to create these, I believe. Also, he mentioned someone who works with him has a Z3 M, so that could be another reason for the focus on the M.

My Cars
    02 996 cab, 08 E350
    Sign me up.

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    sold! ready to sign up...

My Cars
    525it, 318ti, MCoupe, X1
    I'm interested as well.
    I would assume this just goes in place of the stock piece without drilling?

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Sir Francis Bacon

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Damn, I've been wating for this for about 6 years. I'm pretty sure I will sign up when the link is posted.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Definitely interested in this project even though i'll have to make some modifications to the brackets to accomodate my turbo piping...

I do have some questions though regarding the design.

1) did the car you use to mock up the underpanel have factory undertray in place?

I only ask because you have your underpanel kicking up in the center to follow the cutline of the bumper rather than kicking down like the factory piece. I think part of the design of the factory piece protruding down does help in aiding airflow through the radiator by creating pressure differential. Shape is important here. Its not just for decoration or protection.

I think there may be some that would want to retain the other factory items that direct airflow to the radiator and/or oil cooler depending on if you are s52 or s54.

duct for s54 oil cooler can be seen below. part 15 in realoem pic.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

can't take credit for the pics...courtesy of Randy Forbes...

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    Interested in answers to the above questions...

But I'm 99% sure I'm in, the 1% will be added after questions are answered.

My Cars
    00 MC, 02 325I,MBZ ML350
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccinStrybs View Post
    Interested in answers to the above questions...

But I'm 99% sure I'm in, the 1% will be added after questions are answered.
    +1

I'm in.

Any other SF bayarea locals want to combine shipping?

My Cars
    M coupe, Titan, Focus SE
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman View Post
    did the car you use to mock up the underpanel have factory undertray in place?
    I'm interested as well in the answer for Rukman's inquiry, as I too, have an oil-cooler set-up.
    Correrai ancor pił veloce per le vie del cielo...

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    What am I missing here? I'm not sure I understand why half the board wants one of these. What does it do functionally?

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    What am I missing here? I'm not sure I understand why half the board wants one of these. What does it do functionally?
    If you have the factory pieces in place, then it will do nothing other than be more durable than plastic. The OEM pieces help guide airflow through the radiator and keeps it from bypassing the bottom of the radiator.

Many of us have broken/missing pieces and do not want to keep buying the plastic OEM ones.

I actually made a tray myself several years ago from ABS. I also have the S54 oil cooler. I am interested how this panel fits relative to the oil cooler. On my homemade one, I took weather stripping and formed a strip that would help seal off the bottom of the oil cooler so air would not rush under.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    ^ Got it, thanks. Maybe that's why I had no idea why it was needed, my tray is still in place. I'm surprised there's that many street cars that need them.... you need to treat your cars better

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast