Thread: Standing 1/2 Mile Runway Event!!!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i

Standing 1/2 Mile Runway Event!!!

Carrabelle Speed Festival March 12th, 2011

WannaGOFAST.com is proud to present our first event of the New Year the Carrabelle Speed Festival. It will take place at the Carrabelle-Thompson airport in Carrabelle, FL. This event is all about speed! Test your vehicle and driving skills on an open runway. We will be doing standing HALF MILE races all day long!! The best part is that we are allowing head to head competition instead of solo runs like other airstrip events. The theme will be classic grudge match style racing. Hit speeds you only dreamed about on a ¼ mile track in a fun and safe environment!

Come join us for what is sure to be an exciting day of speed and entertainment! We will have a live DJ spinning tracks all day long and food provided from the Pit Stop Grill!

Our 2 sponsors for the event are TopSpeed Motorsports of Atlanta, GA and Unique Audio of Destin, FL! TopSpeed Motorsports (http://www.topspeedtuned.com) is one of the premier tuning and performance shops in the nation! Their 911 GT2 just recently won the One Lap of America in 2010 and broke the course record! They will be bringing a couple of their vehicles to take down our runway. One of them being a 1300hp Supra!!

Unique Audio of Destin (http://www.uniquedestin.com) is a one of a kind customization center for your car or truck! They specialize in audio, security, window tinting and custom wheels and tires. If you can dream it they can create it for you!

*Check out our website (http://www.wannagofast.com) to register. Be sure to read all of the forms and have your tech sheet filled out prior to entering the gate!

*This event is limited to 50 cars I can’t emphasize enough that fact that you should pre-register. If you wait until the event date to register it is almost certain that the event will be sold out. For places to stay in the area click the link that says things to do and places to stay in Carrabelle (or visit www.carrabelle.org). If you need a hotel it is recommended that you book it now to make sure there’s availability!

*Parking is limited for spectators so please carpool if possible!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or email us.

Email: info@wannagofast.com

Take care and I hope to see all of you at the event!

My Cars
    e28 m5 e30 4.4T e36 325
    This is nice! settle all these e36 vs e46. e46 vs Supra. Porsche vs BMW grudges and so on and so on

My Cars
    skateboard
    I did this event last night on xbox forza 3.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Pretty cool for Florida folks, hope to see some of our heavy hitters in the area there.

Although the two lane thing could definitely be a safety issue if something went wacky with someone in front of you at that high of a mph.....
    Last edited by Z3speed4me; 02-11-2011 at 01:11 PM.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    none
    Ill bring my 99 m3 down there if it ever gets finished

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Ill bring my 99 m3 down there if it ever gets finished
    Post pics that may get the builder moving, or is it invisible?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i
    The runway is plenty wide definitely more room than your local drag strip. The actual runway itself is 75ft and it has an add'l 37 ft per side of paved shoulders.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaGOFAST View Post
    The runway is plenty wide definitely more room than your local drag strip. The actual runway itself is 75ft and it has an add'l 37 ft per side of paved shoulders.
    That's massive.
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '99 M3 TT stg II
    Boris go down there and kick some ass!!! Taller rear end then get it done!

My Cars
    many
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Boris go down there and kick some ass!!! Taller rear end then get it done!
    Sure i am down. you said you will go down there with me and bring your large ball sack so you can drive the car at 200mph speeds? (I don't have the balls to do it LOL)
    Hell i went 154mph in a 1/4 mile and did not even shift in to the 5th gear. i think close to 200mph is possible with a 1/2 mile track without changing gears.
    B.
    Last edited by djborya; 02-12-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    1991 bmw 325I <e30>
    First 8 second full body BMW with BMW independent rear suspension in the USA
    8.69 @160mph in a 1/4mile on slicks.
    drag radial tires record holder9.53@148. Also a world record holder for bmw overall 60-130mph 4.2 seconds.
    Bistein sport susp,turner sway bars,3:25lsd,m52 AEM INFINITY stand alone. MORAN 2500cc injectors E85 ,front mount 33x12x4 intercooler, 5lug conversion M3 front,Mcoupe rear Dss axles/driveshaft ATI Proglide.
    2003 Ford Expedition
    1998 M3
    1986 Mercedes Cosworth 190e 2.3 16v 5speed (sold)

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Sounds fun, too bad it's in Florida.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Won't most of the "big guys" here run out of gear?
    This is my signature....

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Won't most of the "big guys" here run out of gear?
    Gears are easy to change ...

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i
    Very true.

My Cars
    wish this was closer to Me or I had waaayy more time.
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i
    If your put your mind to it I'm sure you can make it down!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i
    Hey guys an E46 HPF Stage 4 M3 is coming out to the event. Hope to see several more BMW's at the event!!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 135i
    We are now within 2 weeks of race day please make sure your registration is taken care of. This way your spot is ensured for March 12th. Just hit the pay now button on the website and email us the make and model of your car as well as a list of modifications.