View Poll Results: do you believe that this car is faster than e36 m3???

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, much faster. not a fair race anymore

7 22.58%
  • yes, but barley.. mostly if not all driver

9 29.03%
  • maybe.. even enough make the races all driver

9 29.03%
  • no, almoust though

8 25.81%
  • no, im a deushe and i dont believe this video is liggit based on nothing

10 32.26%
  • no way...

16 51.61%
  • i want that fuckn yellow car!!!!!!!!

8 25.81%
  • i just think daddo would be proud.!

7 22.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want my 325i thats faster than a e36 m3 with mods?

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's

Exclamation Want my 325i thats faster than a e36 m3 with mods?

i said that cuz that make everyone go.. NOO!! UR DUMB.. BLAH BLAH..

OK. ON CRIAGSLIST IS MY 1995 BMW 325IS. dakar yellow.

quick discription.

intake afe
    exuast supersprint headers,magnaflow cat bak
    chip- turner
    short throw- uuc
    suspention h&r/bilstien/kyb

many many little detials..

26xx pounds.

look for my add to see all its got and pics. i cant figure out how to post pics on this site yet but email me if you want some..

and yes.. this car rapes m3's... dont believe me..?

i got an email from someone on craigslist sayin that its not true. he drove thirty miles to come prove me wrong in his blk 95 m3 with intake,cams,chip.

wana c what happened?

youtube.com

Dakar yellow bmw 325is vs m3

thats my friend in the passenger seat. we did to digs and roll all fair!

interested in the car????

only 4000$ and is an ///M killer. you cant go wrong..

email yllwfever@yahoo.com

My Cars
    e39 M5 e39 540i6 e83 e53
    Noo!! Ur dumb.. Blah blah..

My Cars
    1991 325i Coupe
    How did you gut the car to 2600 pounds?

This sounds like BS so post your links, mods, pictures and videos because no one is going to search for them.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    ^ I searched ... and found both the CL ad and the videos on youtube. The car does indeed beat a M3 (and seems to go pretty good).

CL ad: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2079700107.html

Videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEP0JPhVvs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pesGOisj3c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7MW9IUYt4[/ame]
    Last edited by slocar; 12-13-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1991 325i Coupe
    M3 sounds like its an automatic, no?

Given that, and apparently you have cams, specific tune, misc. bolt ons and 500lbs gutted without an extra passenger like the m3, this seems reasonable.

Again, how did you gut 500lbs?

My Cars
    02 330i, past: E30, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Empty View Post
    M3 sounds like its an automatic, no?

Given that, and apparently you have cams, specific tune, misc. bolt ons and 500lbs gutted without an extra passenger like the m3, this seems reasonable.

+1, doesn't seem quite right.

My Cars
    1996 328is
    i think this is true, it is very reasonable.
    idk about the 500 pounds tho...

my car keeps up with M3s

My Cars
    1996 328is
    I clicked every option

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 M3
    Im sure that differnt Diff. Makes a difference. Nice though. The less weight helps out alot also.

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    its my car... idk how the wiegh twork out exactly but hear what ive done for wieght off the top of my head..

ok,

lighter driver seat. no others. thats y filmed from m3. also he has m3 so ya fair.haha
    no ac sytem at all..
    no fan
    cf hood
    plexi sunroof
    no spare
    no door panels/radio
    headers save wight
    so does the cat back
    lot of tid bits ive forgo thats the jist.

i say this with this in mind. i never wieghed the car stock so i may have save like 300 pnds and the car was lighter than expected already? idk internet says 32xx so i used that info.

but when i went to the dump. it wieghd in 2720 w/o me. and 2860 w/ me
    i had a normal sunroof, and matching bucket in paseenger seat.. soo 26xx pnds if fair id say.. the bucket saves that alone..

i swear this is all very real. this guy didn't believe.. if anyone else with an e36 m3 wants to run for fun because they think its all fake. p.m me im in oc..

id love more proof..!

ive been building this car for two year raced countless times every kind of car and ive gotten soo far. much faster than i actually thought it could be.. as everyone agrees with me on that.. it just has soooo much heart... it even has a vacuum leak making the maf need to be unplugged to run.. and it does that kind of run all day..idk y???

this is a huge accomplishment for me and im very proud! lots of trial and error along with a great deal of sacrifice and money went into being able to do this..

all i want... a little respect/credit i feel i deserve..
    ive gotton soooo much crap for driving a yllw 325 omg!!! i said in my add it can beat an m3 and my inbox was full the next day with ppl claiming im full of shit..!!!!!!!
    witch led to the chillest person. who said "I HAVE A 95 M3 WITH LIGHT MODS AND ID SURE LIKE TO SEE THAT!" skeptically coming down and those videos were made less than a few hours later.

THE RESULT WERE A SURPRISE TO EVERYONE EVEN ME!!!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    ^ As much as I appreciate the car being fast, I don't think there's many people that would be willing to drive a car with no panels, and no seats just so they could go a little faster than the next guy.

My Cars
    '89 325is, '13 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Empty View Post
    Interested in this as well

edit: whoops, you just answered it haha

nice car btw
    Last edited by Go3Go; 12-13-2010 at 02:19 AM.

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    the m3 is stick with custom flash and cams that allow 8200 rpm.. we did winner drives losers car and it did pull till 8k id say. first hand.. and thank you "slow car" by the way. for putting my videos/cl add there!!!! im great with cars.. my gfs mac book... not so good.

My Cars
    1991 325i Coupe
    Fair enough, we're just trying to remove the speculation and get some facts straight for the benefit of the community.

An m3 with cams and flash should be able to hang better with your mods. It's probably the driver in that case, good work.

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's

what???

Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    ^ As much as I appreciate the car being fast, I don't think there's many people that would be willing to drive a car with no panels, and no seats just so they could go a little faster than the next guy.

how many stupid kids do you see i gutted hondas driven around all day?
    tryn to save 2 pounds.. and at the end of the day, i still drive a bmw.
    i had carboard door panels rapped in fake leather from joans actually looked pretty good. doesnt appear gutted..

when i got a 740i for dd i stole the stereo and took out the passeger seat.

called it a race car.. haha

plus.. did you watch the video.. i didnt go just a little faster. i went much faster.. than a car supposed to be much faster than me. well worth it.. put me next to a stock 325is omfg wtf man... its amazing!!!!!
    me after a race like that! haha

i thought the same thing.!! he kinda forgot to mention cams until laiter witch threw me off. i thought he was down playn it and i was fuuuucked. but after racing then driving his car.
    it felt heavy.. the power cam later and not as violent but just kept building to 8.. my car feels flimsy, dangerous at times. hop all over when u short shif into second.. the power comes closer to 3k than 5k rpm.. like 3700ish not 4700ish id say.. his car was balanced my car will spit you out if you touch the gas in a corner..

ill talk to the guy in the morning. if hes a member or will join. ill have him join this chat.

he said i made him a believer and that hed talk to haters who still dont believe.
    i figured ppl in a forum would have enuff info to know this is all possible and review evidence for them self.. if not convinced.. come c for your self... oc cali baby.. sitn in ma garage till it sells.
    Last edited by imae30driver; 12-13-2010 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    Hey slocar, FIA, SCCA, NASCAR, NHRA, Le Mans, BTCC, ALMS, WRC, DTM, and a few others would like to have a word with you.

Also all this talk about weight makes me sad. I'd probably go way faster if I lost weight, I weigh like 270 lbs. Imagine if I lost 100 lbs, how much faster my car would be!
    Last edited by coconutmnky; 12-13-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible
    If you are going to make a bold claim like that in your Craiglist ad without any evidence to back it up, you can't be surprised if somone pulls you up on it.

The only thing I've seen is your car is faster than *that* M3, and the M3 driver doesn't seems to be that bothered about mercilessly punishing his car to win an insignificant TLGP.

I wouldn't want to buy it after I saw the way you drive it anyway, unless you had replaced the clutch, engine and 'box mounts recently.
    Last edited by Joylove; 12-13-2010 at 04:08 AM.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I don't know how I got a warning for saying s*** in the E36 section and this gets by

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    well coconutmonkey.. on just the quarter mile. only about 14 seconds, that would be roughly a tenth of a second... still not seem like alot?? at the end of a quarter mile your going 90-100mph thats about 380 ft per second, so 38 ft ahead is a lil more than a car length, or one 5 series haha..

i had a 3.91 diff for a while, crazy! 70 mph in fifth at like 4500 rpm or somethin
    0-60 like u wudnt believe... 3rd up kida dies off once mechanical torque is a big help and top end power takes over.. this diff now is awsome..and with the way ive learned to luanch it.. leathal comination for anyone with a faster car, that cant drive. i almoust leave harder than who im racing,and make them chase me down.. dedicated days to going out and just practicing.. ive luanched that car 1000 times.. ive had to get the active autoworks (dsb) diff support brace becuase of that damn fckn retarted one bolt bs that breaks when try and get power to the ground.. thats why ive gone threw three diffs.. hahaha i had too... i just upgraded everytime and final fixed it for good. thank AA that things overfucknpriced! but it does work!

remember... if anyone want to come check it out becuase there that skeptical.. ill just show ya... as long as your chill man...

ima get munchies at taco bell before it closes piece!
    but .1 off your 0-60 usually is good for .2 off your 1/4 mile.. and my

My Cars
    BMW 318is
    You might say it's fast. But it looks like a heap.

'96 e36 318is

My Cars
    '98 328is, '06 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by zacman1 View Post
    You might say it's fast. But it looks like a heap.
    This

My Cars
    1998 M3 / 2000 S2000
    sounds awesome. prolly MUCH MUCH faster than my m3.
    Last edited by wanganstyle; 12-13-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    Wanganstyle Powertrain
    http://www.wanganstyle.com/

S54B32 E36 M3 DTA S100 Sedan Street car full swap:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1437471

My Cars
    RWD
    I don't doubt your car is faster.

But how come you hear nothing from the m3? Not even a tire chirp, no engine sound nothing. All you hear is the 325is the whole time.

My m3 is stock and you would have for sure heard more noise than that.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    As someone stated, I wouldnt buy that car after seeing how you drove it. Also, Paul Walker, whats with this 'do I earn the respect now' stuff in the '2nd dig'? That made me LOL.

I further back-up anyone and everyone who said they wouldnt drive a fully gutted car just so it can go a few seconds faster.... People love to drive in my 328i, I would never gut it for a few seconds + 'm3 killer' title.

/Thread. Buy a Supra/skyline if you wana be a dragster.

BradR127 is offline Drip Loop Squad BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '98 M3, '20 A4
    If you want to prove to others how fast it is, the way to do it (legally) is get it to a drag strip. If you have video with your time posted on a scoreboard, then that should calm the haters.

Otherwise, there are too many other variables.... most notably, the driving skill of the other driver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast