Thread: Ddm tuning sucks

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i

Ddm tuning sucks

So i had the worst customer experience with these people. I am never buying anything from them again. I had a broken headlight mounting tab and i told them i wanted a replacement. I called them in on friday and i was told i was going to get a call back on monday. No call. I called twice and i was on hold for both of those calls for about 15 mins average. The second time it was 28 minutes. They pretty much told me that i have to wait a week because fed ex is going to pick it up and then send it to them. From there they will either issue me a refund or send me a replacement. What i dont get it what does fed ex have to do with my refund? Regardless of what they say, i am not at fault. DDM tuning doesn't want to listen to me. They told me they had to wait a week to even get a refund. That's really ridiculous. I disputed 't want to deal with them again. Anyways i wanted to know if anyone knew a similar places that sells HID kits and headlights like DDM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW
    Wow! That's news. We never knew this about DDM.

Seriously though, I had a similar experience with them. Just hang in there, be patient and don't do business with them again. Be polite and put up with their nonsense and then move on.

Viel Gluck!

PS Are they DJ Autos?
    Last edited by Graham E39 528i; 11-16-2010 at 08:54 PM.

My Cars
    645i; X5 4.8i; 525iT 5sp
    ..Another one....

The thing about DDM.... is, alot here know they suck - generally speaking of course. However, while the quality of the items and customer service are a crap shoot, the prices are consistently competitive - with the exception of my mtech kit sale which they lost.

The thing I don't get is that people are well aware of this, take the chance and then bitch about it when things don't go their way. Case in point this thread.
    I love to flap my paddle..

My Cars
    645i; X5 4.8i; 525iT 5sp
    ..Another one....

The thing about DDM.... is, alot here know they suck - generally speaking of course. However, while the quality of the items and customer service are a crap shoot, the prices are consistently competitive - with the exception of my mtech kit sale which they lost.

The thing I don't get is that people are well aware of this, take the chance and then bitch about it when things don't go their way. Case in point this thread.
    I love to flap my paddle..

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully the Mods will let you vent before they move this to the Vendor Comments section.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    BMW
    OP,

Bear in mind the big picture, in a matter of weeks you will have the most beautiful e39 lights one can buy:

Voila, pic of one of my lamps:

Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully the Mods will let you vent before they move this to the Vendor Comments section.
    Hay pusshead, how's it goin'?
    Last edited by Graham E39 528i; 11-16-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    '03 530i5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord DRIFT View Post
    ..Another one....

Agreed.

I had similar experiences as well. They are not the type of business to deal with online or on the phone. They're more like a local vendor that you deal with face to face. I had to wait about 1 month before driving to their location and complain about the wait to get most of my parts and 2 months for CF splitters because they said it was going through customs. To get your orders right and in time, the best way is to meet with them directly. Unfortunately, that's not a reasonable option for you. The only reason I do business with them is because of their prices.

GL with getting your order correctly and in one piece.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Yes they are DJ autos. i know the headlights are really nice, we'll see what happens.

My Cars
    03 540I, 07 Yukon
    I'll never buy from them again....I had two orders that came to me jacked up....They suck.....Especially their customer service.....

My Cars
    E39 m5,528i
    If you dont mind the drive to concord, Umnitza has those same lights.
    PM me for Interior Trim Wraps!!! Get rid of your old wood!

**PM ME FOR DETAILING/ROOF WRAPS(BAY AREA**

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    Quote Originally Posted by dookateh View Post
    If you dont mind the drive to concord, Umnitza has those same lights.
    +1 . You can check them out on the spot, if theres concerns take care of them while your there. Shit, install them in the parking lot to make sure they fire up