BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: AMS BUILT WRX, Sti trans, 454hp for m3

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"

AMS BUILT WRX, Sti trans, 454hp for m3

For sale is my 2006 WRX with STI transmission. around $30,000 dollars invested. I have babied this car for the entire time i have owned it, and The car is very fast, and accelerates/handles like a super-car.

The color of the WRX tr is called "CGM" standing for crystal grey metallic, with barely any markings, and ZERO rust. The car only has 35,400 miles on odometer as of today. It has proven its reliability so well that i even daily drive the car I have been keeping the interior of the car, and exterior of the car kept clean, and never allowing food inside the car. The car has also been tuned by Chris at AMS performance ($500 / per hour ) and was DONE RIGHT, with top quality parts that maintain Subaru's reliability, while putting out super-car performance. Feel free to give my Wrx a compression test, inspected, i have zero doubts.

-The trunk currently has holes because i like the trunk "wingless" but i still have the WRX wing i can put back on if you please.
    -There is a tiny dent that can be pushed out very very easily. it is above front fender passanger side. its honestly not noticable unless pointed out. and is not a deep dent with no paint damage
    -there is a scratch on the hood scoop that does not go through all layers of paint, that could prob be polished or waxed out.
    -there is a inch long scratch on rear passanger door with no dents. no one has noticed unless they are looking for it.

ALL MARKINGS ARE NOT BAD OR NOTICABLE.. it is below average for a 4 year old car, its not more then what you would see on a well taken car of car.

**** phone number is written at the bottom of the page... feel free to call / text anytime, or send an email if you have ANY questions, or want more pictures.

My WRX put out these numbers
    -371whp 93oct with 21 psi (454hp at crank)
    -440whp 110oct (21psi) - Only ran on dyno, never on streets.

AMS built 2.5 with stock heads / cams
    ~15,000 miles on the build
    ~10,000 miles on the STI transmission.

and now, finally, is all of the aftermarket parts that has been added onto the car that i can remember.

ENGINE

-FP green Turbo
    -Turbo inlet pipe
    -Helix 825cc injectors
    -Walbro 255 fuel pump
    -Tial 38mm wastegate
    -aps 70mm cold air intake
    -invidia turbo back exhuast
    -aps exhuast manifold
    -tumbler delete
    -Underdrive pully
    -ARC oil pan
    -oil filter relocater
    -supertech pistons
    -Eagle Rods
    -arp head studs
    -Turbo XS Top Mount intercooler
    -brand new in box cusco turbo heat shield

TRANSMISSION/SUSPENSION

-2007 WRX STI 6 speed transmission swap
    -Drive shaft shop axles
    -spt short shifter
    -Exedy twin disk clutch

-End-uratech Coil overs
    -Front and rear end links
    -Front and rear sway bars
    -Rear Strut bar
    -Subframe brace
    -STI rear Differential

EXTERIOR

-17' MSW 11's wheels
    -6000k HID's - 90
    -s204 replica front lip
    -Rally armor mud flaps (black)
    -Kartboy front license plate delete
    -WRX license plate frame
    -Window tint i forgot the percents but they are LEGAL
    -rear license plate LED light bulbs
    -Wingless trunk

INTERIOR

-AEM boost gauge
    -Blitz Turbo Timer
    -STI head unit (6 disc cd changer)
    -sti transmision frame (silver forgot what there called)
    -WRX footrest
    -carbon fiber shift knob and OEM Sti shift knob (either one you want)

i know there is more parts i can't think of currently,
    but the car is very very well taken care of. it is washed weekly, parts were all put on correctly! nothing in the car was half-assed.

TRADE
    -e36 turbo / supercharged m3 +cash depending on quality
    -E46 M3!!!!
    has to be under ~75,000 miles, and must be nicer (show what you got)

Here is a video of it dyno'd at AMS performance shop in Chicago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWr48kJ0Qw"]YouTube - Fastest AMS 2.5L WRX non-sti[/ame]

TEXT/CALL any time: 847-606-5573

thanks.
    Mason
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boosted M3; 11-01-2010 at 11:51 PM.

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"
    bumpity

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"
    commeee onn.. someones gotta wanna AMS built status all wheel drive power!

My Cars
    E46M, E70d, '15 TT F150
    First off....nice subey! I can appreciate one, after wrenching on friends STi's for several years now. Looks 110% better without the hideous wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted M3 View Post
    TRADE
    -e36 turbo / supercharged m3 +cash depending on quality
    -E46 M3!!!!
    has to be under ~75,000 miles, and must be nicer (show what you got)
    Are you proposing a trade outright for an e46M? Or is there some cash involved? Just clarifying...not chastising.

And just as an fyi....there are plenty of e46M's putting down their full power at well over 75,000 miles. Eliminating cars based on mileage instead of proper and documented (no receipt...then it didn't happen) maintenance may dissuade a very competent seller from contacting you. I have spent a considerable amount of time under the hood and under the STi chassis....and unlike Subarus (even with built motors) reliability with BMW is almost entirely on the preventative maintenance (outside of catastrophic failures) by previous owners, and not the tick-tock mileage clock like 10-15 psi boosted subaru motors.

Kaiv is a member for example, that has 125,000+ mile S54, put down 288 SAE hp on a DD dyno (not the ego boosting dyno jet) on 91 octane. His motor is 100% stock, with only headers as an upgrade. There are plenty of cars with 1/4 of his mileage, and thousands more dollars in mods that do not put down that power to the wheels.

Mine at 77,000 miles put down 316 rwhp (dynojet...THEY LIE!!) and 292.7 (Mustang dyno) with headers, pulleys, drop-in filter, and a stock ECU. Just a heads up, the motor and transmission is pretty stout in the E46 chassis. Now north of 50,000 miles, other things like RTAB's, FCAB's, brakes and struts/springs etc.... they may need replacing. But it sounds like you're a DIY guy, and most of the jobs are cake on these cars.There are several cars on the boards with higher mileage, that were meticulously maintained. Don't discount them based on their odometer clock!!!

I look at it a bit different... I would take a well maintained (receipts in hand) E46M at 100,000 miles before one with 50,000 miles and unknown service history. Even if they both ran great on the test drive...I'd still trust the 100k motor. It's very different then shopping for a used subey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted M3 View Post
    The car is very fast, and accelerates/handles like a super-car.
    Keep it then!

Although the Subaru certainly has it's place and following, it has a very different feel than an M3. (I do prefer the 6spd gearbox "feel" of the STi over the M3 however...m3 gearbox is a bit sloppy in stock form. STi gearbox feel is firm and doesn't mess around!) Even living at high elevation (6,000 ft) where the Subaru's reign supreme (got boost?) at the local tracks, my wrenching buddies still ask to drive my car around the loop and not vice versa.

I bet your subaru setup will give many of the boost junkies a chubby when they see it. It should sell quickly. Those subarus have a cult following for sure.

Good Luck Man! I hope you find the car you want.

Mike
    Last edited by MisterM; 11-04-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    02 M3 Topaz/Cinnamon - CSL Box, Lid, Steering Rack & Roof, SSV1's, Morr VS8.2's, TTFS tune 322/249 SAE on 91 (stock head/cams) - 3.5L, wide bearing Frankenstein (assembled, ready for drop in).
    11 X5d Jet Black/Oyster - Sport Activity, Technology, 214's, Tow Package, Amsoil'ed, TTFS Diesel Tune - Kid hauler
    15 Metallic/Black Nappa F150 Lariat - Quad-Cab, 12k towing package, American Racing Downpipes, Livernois 91 tune - Tow Pig.

My Cars
    '93 332i
    I'd trade ya
    **Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs**

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"
    Quote Originally Posted by redefinedM3 View Post
    I'd trade ya
    hey, sorry it if you thought i was "dismissing you!"

im pretty sure of what i want...
    and its e36 m3 turbo... thats very nice, preferbly a sedan... but that wont happen and not just put togather in a friends garage in a couple hours haha.

theres a nice e36 jz swap thats awesome

or a e46 m3, that is well taken care of, with out stupid milage that has never been serviced... so if you got one of those, then lets do it

PM me if you think i might be interested.

might also be open to JDM cars haha such as supras, 240s, rx7's

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
    First off....nice subey! I can appreciate one, after wrenching on friends STi's for several years now. Looks 110% better without the hideous wing.

Are you proposing a trade outright for an e46M? Or is there some cash involved? Just clarifying...not chastising.

And just as an fyi....there are plenty of e46M's putting down their full power at well over 75,000 miles. Eliminating cars based on mileage instead of proper and documented (no receipt...then it didn't happen) maintenance may dissuade a very competent seller from contacting you. I have spent a considerable amount of time under the hood and under the STi chassis....and unlike Subarus (even with built motors) reliability with BMW is almost entirely on the preventative maintenance (outside of catastrophic failures) by previous owners, and not the tick-tock mileage clock like 10-15 psi boosted subaru motors.

Kaiv is a member for example, that has 125,000+ mile S54, put down 288 SAE hp on a DD dyno (not the ego boosting dyno jet) on 91 octane. His motor is 100% stock, with only headers as an upgrade. There are plenty of cars with 1/4 of his mileage, and thousands more dollars in mods that do not put down that power to the wheels.

Mine at 77,000 miles put down 316 rwhp (dynojet...THEY LIE!!) and 292.7 (Mustang dyno) with headers, pulleys, drop-in filter, and a stock ECU. Just a heads up, the motor and transmission is pretty stout in the E46 chassis. Now north of 50,000 miles, other things like RTAB's, FCAB's, brakes and struts/springs etc.... they may need replacing. But it sounds like you're a DIY guy, and most of the jobs are cake on these cars.There are several cars on the boards with higher mileage, that were meticulously maintained. Don't discount them based on their odometer clock!!!

I look at it a bit different... I would take a well maintained (receipts in hand) E46M at 100,000 miles before one with 50,000 miles and unknown service history. Even if they both ran great on the test drive...I'd still trust the 100k motor. It's very different then shopping for a used subey!!

Keep it then!

Although the Subaru certainly has it's place and following, it has a very different feel than an M3. (I do prefer the 6spd gearbox "feel" of the STi over the M3 however...m3 gearbox is a bit sloppy in stock form. STi gearbox feel is firm and doesn't mess around!) Even living at high elevation (6,000 ft) where the Subaru's reign supreme (got boost?) at the local tracks, my wrenching buddies still ask to drive my car around the loop and not vice versa.

I bet your subaru setup will give many of the boost junkies a chubby when they see it. It should sell quickly. Those subarus have a cult following for sure.

Good Luck Man! I hope you find the car you want.

Mike
    Thanks you! read this a couple times. haha, yes im in the subby world, but i want M power! im not asking for 450 horsepower. i want like 350hp daily driver that is reliable while still having power. and yeah the sti trans is kickass! and if you like my car... you should trade me! haha, looks sexy as fukkkkk
    Last edited by Boosted M3; 11-04-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2007 wrx 12.9 @103
    So is it running the stock diffs on that hp?

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by boostdog View Post
    So is it running the stock diffs on that hp?
    The STI drivetrain is not the weak point in the car. The transmission (and diffs) can take most anything you throw at it. Most of the need for beefing up is in the stock motor, cast pistons, etc., though if you stay below about 400 whp, you should be fine. Put super grippy tires on it and launch it and you should worry about twisting axles or maybe torching the clutch. The stock clutch is pretty solid though, as Exedy makes the OEM unit.

The 06 was the LAST year of the reliable WRX/STI before Subaru put their variable valve timing on the intake (or was it exhaust) stroke and tuned the car super lean to meet emissions. Lots of engine blowouts in that and the following year. 2009/10 might have been more reliable, but I sold my 06 and dropped out of that scene before I learned much about those cars.

AMS is well-respected in the community. The FP Green, while common and well-supported by enthusiasts, would not be my first choice. But properly installed and tuned, it should be a solid setup.

GLWS

EDIT: I see you have the 07 transmission. For those who aren't aware, the 07 STi trans is slightly updated from previous years. It has taller gearing in a few places. Allows the car to run out more, and for fewer shifts if you're doing sprints or at the strip.
    Last edited by boondocksaint; 11-05-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    1991 M5 (in progress)

Restoring an old BMW, God help me.

My Cars
    1994 325I
    anymore pics ?

My Cars
    2007 wrx 12.9 @103
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
    The STI drivetrain is not the weak point in the car. The transmission (and diffs) can take most anything you throw at it. Most of the need for beefing up is in the stock motor, cast pistons, etc., though if you stay below about 400 whp, you should be fine. Put super grippy tires on it and launch it and you should worry about twisting axles or maybe torching the clutch. The stock clutch is pretty solid though, as Exedy makes the OEM unit.

The 06 was the LAST year of the reliable WRX/STI before Subaru put their variable valve timing on the intake (or was it exhaust) stroke and tuned the car super lean to meet emissions. Lots of engine blowouts in that and the following year. 2009/10 might have been more reliable, but I sold my 06 and dropped out of that scene before I learned much about those cars.

AMS is well-respected in the community. The FP Green, while common and well-supported by enthusiasts, would not be my first choice. But properly installed and tuned, it should be a solid setup.

GLWS

EDIT: I see you have the 07 transmission. For those who aren't aware, the 07 STi trans is slightly updated from previous years. It has taller gearing in a few places. Allows the car to run out more, and for fewer shifts if you're doing sprints or at the strip.
    as smart as you sound the sti has completely different diffs that are stronger as well as an adj. center diff. ,which the WRX does not get, OP doesn't mention if they were swapped into the car from the sti as well but thanks for playing.

My Cars
    94 E36 POS
    Second the question as to if this has the DCCD or not.

I will say that AMS's dyno is known to be a bit stingy but not as stingy as the Burshur dyno (with that said AMS > Dave).

The downside to this is that its not an STI. Its a cool car but no matter what it is a well modded WRX and those just don't have the value of the STI in the market.

Then again the upside is that its not an STI. Your insurance company will not rape you quite as hard when its time to cover it.

PS- Evo > Suby.

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"
    Sorry for the late response, i forgot i ever posted this thread.
    1) no it doesnt have dccd

2) it IS swapped with sti difs.

3) obviously its not an sti... if an sti had everything my car has, with this low of miles it would sell for 8 grand more.

4) suby > evo in my opinion... even though the evo is badass, and easily reaches TONS of power... i dont really like how they look, and the transmissions blow, and the new evo mr's are auto.

5) Boondocksaints has it right.

6) Fastbmr i have tons of pics i can send you if you give me an email adress, or something

7) misterm, i know it says e46 m3 with "!!!!" making it sound like i want a e46 m3 more... but i dont. i would highly prefer a e36 thats boosted, s/c... and cash ontop would depend on quality and miles
    - if its low miles, well put togather, almost flawless no i will not expect cash ontop. no cash ontop if its a e46 with low miles, and clean.

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by boostdog View Post
    as smart as you sound the sti has completely different diffs that are stronger as well as an adj. center diff. ,which the WRX does not get, OP doesn't mention if they were swapped into the car from the sti as well but thanks for playing.
    The people I know who've swapped STi drivetrains into WRXs have all gone 100% swap. My fault for thinking in those terms.

Also, as well informed as you seem, you come off as an asshole. Thank you for playing.
    1991 M5 (in progress)

Restoring an old BMW, God help me.

My Cars
    06 and 08 STI M3 etc
    boostdog, I've built subaru motors, been a major vendor on nasioc for quite a while. I've probably owned over 10 wrx's, sti's, and swapped RS's and tuned my first subby before you knew they existed... even I assumed he had dccd, and full diffs after stating he had an STI trans.

boondoc was just trying to clarify that the STI drivetrain components were not a weak link(assuming he had them) and provided more useful information than you did.

There's no need for the thanks for playing attitude. Bump for a nice WRX, it looks put together nicely.

My Cars
    99 OBD1 s52 "stanced"
    well car is sold,

to a dumbass that downshifted into 1st on the highway... and im nervous about what else hes gonna do.

thanks!