Thread: INPA error IFH-0009

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i / 88 rx7

INPA error IFH-0009

Hello, have INPA V5.0.2 and ediabas v6.4.3 installed on laptop with native serial port.

I connect the obd cable first, then start INPA. The battery and ignition light come on but when I try to access anything i get the following error ifh-0009 no response from control unit.

I don't think it's the cable, i got it from ebay but my ultimate goal is to deactivate yellow corner lights on the footwell module since my car does not have that feature. thanks in advanced.

ps: i have tried everything in the INPA FAQ and also my interface in the .ini file is set to obd.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Even the air bag?

I think INPA 5x should be Ediabas 6.4.5?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i / 88 rx7
    it was not working until i tried to connect to the airbag, then it worked ! sweet. thanks for your advice and now i have to figure out how to get progman to work with it

I am just trying to disable corner lights (turn steering wheel and lights turn)
    then also try to figure out angel eyes only (no orange bulb on while driving)

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    INPA cant do programming or coding changes.

NCS or SSS/Progman
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4
    I am having the same issue, tried the same things. I am trying to communicate with my E85 '07 Z4 using a K+DCAN cable and have tried setting the cable to both K-Line and DCAN modes. I get both battery and ignition circles and cannot read anything except minor details of the motor ecu when I use the identification mode. I tried reading the airbag after selecting it from the menu/submenu when you first select your model. Any ideas?

My Cars
    2005 E90
    I have had problems with my connection. I manage to get INPA working on my 2005 make E90, however when I try and connect to an 2008 E90 I get IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLUNIT. Can anybody help me please?