Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International E31 meeting in Norway 2011????

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd

International E31 meeting in Norway 2011

See invitation at the bottom if this post.

On June 17-19th 2011 the Norwegian international E31 meeting will be held.
    We will continue to update this first post so that this is always up to date with the latest information.

The program is nearing its completion and many of the events are booked.

The main area for the meeting is on the south west coast of Norway, around the city of Stavanger.

We have made arrangements to stay at Gjesdal gjestgiveri roughly 20km south of the Stavanger center. Located in Ålgård along the E39 (main road).
    See prices below.

Friday morning at 9.30 we intend to first go to the Aircraft museum, this location may prove to be a good photo opportunity.
    Entry will be covered by the pre paid "Meeting fee"
    http://www.flymuseum-sola.no/sider/hoved.html
    Sola Aircraft Museum

After a few hours we will go to Stavanger city center and park outside the Oil museum and visit the museum.
    Cost is covered by "meeting fee"
    http://www.norskolje.museum.no/

After that there will be some time off where you may roam the city of Stavanger for a few hours.

We will return to the hotel and have dinner there about 8-9 in the evening.

Saturday morning at 09.00 we will drive back to Stavanger city center and load the cars on a ferry where we will embark on a 4 hour guided fjord cruise through "lysefjorden" where we will end up in "lysebotn".
    The ferry will be paid by the individuals on the terminal.

Upon arrival we will drive up this winding mountain road and park at the restaurant at the top, nicknamed "the eagles nest".
    For those interested we will walk up the first mountain so that people can enjoy the view, this is not a long walk, perhaps 15 minutes.
    After a while we will walk down and have dinner at the restaurant.

After dinner we will drive back down and spend the night at "lysebotn camping" where we will stay in cottages, tents or what you may choose to spend the night in.
    Here there will be plenty of time to line up the cars and take a close look at each others cars.
    This evening there will also be a barbecue with possibility of some drinks, and just enjoy ourselves and get to know each other even better.
    There is a huge possibility that we will see base jumpers jumping off the mountain during the day.

Sunday we will drive up the mountains and through the valley of Sirdal we will return towards the main road that will take you back to the Denmark ferry I assume most of you will take back home.

We are also thinking that if there is an interest and someone stay behind we can return to the hotel and arrange a trip to the "pulpits rock" but you should be aware that this is a 1 hour mountain hike.

After the meeting we could also do an unofficial trip up the west coast viewing some truly spectacular scenery if there is any interest.
    We can also cross the mountain and drive towards the Capitol of Oslo.

We are open to suggestions so let us know if you are interested in that

An updated map of possible travel routes

And a map of the area the meeting will be at.

You see the city of Stavanger as our starting point, the red line is the Fjord Cruice and the destination is the red dot.
    The yellow ring indicates the area where the scenic drive will take place on Sunday.

The blue line is the return route down from the mountain which can be combined with the return trip home for those who are leaving on the ferry from Kristiansand to Denmark.

A link to information about Lysefjorden and Stavanger in German
    http://www.fjordblick.com/reisetipps/rogaland/lysebotn/

http://www.fjordblick.com/reisetipps...and/stavanger/

INVITATION June 17-19th 2011:

Meeting Fee of €50 pr. person to be prepaid to me or Huldra66.
    This will include lunches Friday and Saturday, entry fees for the museums ect.

Hotell from Thursday to Saturday morning will be paid by the individuals.
    Prices are:
    -Single room incl. breakfast 859Nok (aprox 110 Euro) pr. night.
    -Double room incl. breakfast 495Nok Pr. person (approx 60 euro pr. person) pr. night
    -Dinner at the Hotel Friday evening will be paid by the individuals.

Ferry to Lysebotn (4hour sightseeing) will be paid by the indivituals at the terminal, price is 400Nok for car/driver (approx 50 Euro) and 200Nok per person (25 euro). price may change (lower).

Accomodation in Lysebotn, is paid by the individual.
    Here there are several LIMITED options with varying standard, prices from 230Nok (30 Euro) pr person to 850nok pr person (110 Euro).
    You can choose from 1 to 6 beds a room/cabin.
    We need to know what you prefer and there are only a few of each avaliable, late entrys may have to share a large room.
    This is a camping, so it is an option to sleep in a tent if you bring one, approx 25 euro (2 persons) If you really like to experience the Norwegian nature.
    First come first served !!!!

Dinner at Lysebotn will be covered by the individuals.

All booking will be handled by Terje and Myself, you do not need to contact the hotel yourself.
    I would like to mention that our reserved hotelrooms and the camping reservation expire on May 1st.
    After that both the hotel and the camping will open up all avaliable space for normal customers.
    So for those who are interested please sign up before May 1st or we cannot guarantee you a room.

Last edited by Noggie; 03-16-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Updated
    -Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    1990 850Ia Hartge Supercharged.
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    91 850
    Man, that's some seriously beautiful scenery!

My Cars
    '90 850iM70B54, '91 850i
    definitely sounds like a great idea. Can you give us some insight on the cost side for a rough calculation? Ferry price, gas cost, lodging....

Thanks
    Wolf

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Beautiful scenery, Some pics near any of it would be amazing. Just spectacular!

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    Prices and a more detailed program will follow if there is enough interest.

A rough estimate is.
    Hotel in Stavanger area is about 100-120euro a night for a double room, however we will try to get a discount at one perticular hotel.

The aircraft museum I believe is about 5 euros to enter
    The oil museum is 10 euro
    We may be able to get a group discount at both places.

The guided ferry trip (4 hours) is 50 euro for car+driver and 25 euro for passenger, the guide speaks English and German.
    The ferry holds 65 cars and we can make reservations for the whole group.

The camping is 30 euro a night pr person.

There will also be a small extra food cost, but we expect to keep the cost down as much as we can.

So far we are looking at about 245 euro pluss food for two persons.
    If we make it a 3 day event there will be an additional cost for an extra night.

We will not do much driving, people have been driving quite enough just to get there so there will not be a major fuel cost, if you have a full tank the first morning you should probably be fine until you are back in Denmark.
    The focus will be on social events and the driving will be kept to a minimum only driving to photo shoot opertunities near by.

From the Denmark ferry that arrive in Kristiansand it is 250km to Stavanger.
    There is also a ferry from Denmark to Stavanger, when we went to the Nedelands in September that was about 200euro each way, this takes all night and that was included a cabin and the buffet.
    Fuel price is currently 1,59 euro pr/liter.

I have heard that there is a ferry from the Nederlands to Bergen, but I have not been able to find any information about this ferry.
    From Bergen to Stavanger it is a 5-6 hour drive including 2 ferries.

There is also a ferry from the UK (Newcastle?) to Stavanger.

The program is in it's very early stages so we may make a few changes, however the fjordcruise and the camping is the main event.

What we need to know is if we should go for a 3 day event starting Friday.
    If so we could spend Friday in Stavanger, where we could do the museum(s) and then give people the opertunity to freely walk the city for a few hours, and do the fjordcruise Saturday.
    There is only 1 ferry a day and that leaves at 10 in the morning from Stavanger.
    -Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    '90 850iM70B54, '91 850i
    I'm just bumping this thread so it hopefully gets a little more attention.
    Where are all the European E31 owners???

My Cars
    E31 850iA E39 540iaT
    Is it okey if link this post to the swedish most popular BMW forum?
    Just to see how many of us swedish e31 owners want to participate.

DuNegro

My Cars
    Blue 850/92 White 850/91
    Hello Egil
    Please do not use the weekend of 24-26/6, it is a sacred holiday for all the Swedes as we celibrate.
    I look forward to this meeting in your beautiful country.

/Per

My Cars
    '92 850i/6-Euro Wannabe
    What is the distance to cross over to Sweden from Germany..... is that a common ferry route? This event could be tied in to the previous mention of importing one's own car for a euro/Scandinavian adventure.

My Cars
    '90 850iM70B54, '91 850i
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrad6653 View Post
    What is the distance to cross over to Sweden from Germany..... is that a common ferry route? This event could be tied in to the previous mention of importing one's own car for a euro/Scandinavian adventure.
    I used to drive to Finland quite often in the past. From Germany (Fehmarn) via a 0.5h ferry trip to Denmark (Rodby) and then from Kopenhagen (Denmark) via the fantastic Öresund bridge to Malmö (Sweden).

My Cars
    1990 BMW 850. BMW 120D
    Hi Eigil

Great initiative. Unfortunetaly I will be back in Afghanistan from March to October next year.

Take some pictures
    "Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records." -William A. Ward

"There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."

My Cars
    2008 M5, nee '93 850Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrad6653 View Post
    ..This event could be tied in to the previous mention of importing one's own car for a euro/Scandinavian adventure.
    yes, the QEII would be the way to go (and come back) (for all the BIG spenders)..:

http://www.costhelper.com/cost/home-...-overseas.html

Bill
    Last edited by Whisky; 10-27-2010 at 09:10 AM.

My Cars
    '92 850i/6-Euro Wannabe
    Thx Bill... good info

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    Randy.

Depending on where you pick up the car there are several options.

From Germany you can.
    -go to Holland and take a ferry to Bergen in Norway (north of where the meeting will be)
    -go to Kiel in Germany and take the ferry to Oslo.
    -drive through Denmark and up through Sweden and cross over to Norway just south of Oslo.
    -Drive through Denmark and take a ferry to Kristiansand in Norway and drive 250km to the meeting
    -From the same place take a ferry to Stavanger.
    -Can also take a Ferry from Dover in the UK to Stavanger.

This is a quick sketch on the available routes.

-Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    '92 850i/6-Euro Wannabe
    Great... just what I needed Egil. Thanks!

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    here is a closer map view on the area we will visit.

You see the city of Stavanger as our starting point, the red line is the Fjord Cruice and the destination is the red dot.
    The yellow ring indicates the area where the scenic drive will take place.

The blue line is a possible return route down from the mountain which can be combined with the return trip home for those who are leaving on the ferry from Kristiansand to Denmark.

-Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    330i ZHP, 850i, 92 318iC
    Looks like it will be an amazing trip...too bad my car is in Canada and I would be worried about the 8 getting damaged shipping it too and from. Take lots of pictures though, so I can live vicariously through them.

My Cars
    BMW 840ci Sport 1997
    This looked quite interesting to me, maybe something I would do on my own next year, but it appears the ferry from Newcastle to Stavenger no longer runs

Such a shame, as I live in Newcastle and the scenery over there looks amazing. Although that big rock scares me just looking at it.

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    This looked quite interesting to me, maybe something I would do on my own next year, but it appears the ferry from Newcastle to Stavenger no longer runs

Such a shame, as I live in Newcastle and the scenery over there looks amazing. Although that big rock scares me just looking at it.
    I have heard the same, I will keep looking on the internet as it may come back as a summer route.
    -Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5
    That would be an awesome vacation! I would love to go, but given the price of the round trip shipping of my 8 from Vegas, I would have to leave her at home in the garage. Kind of defeats the purpose. Perhaps I could rent one there? Wouldn't be the same but I would still have the company of a beautiful ride. Or I can bring a vinyl wrap photo of the 8 and put it on my rental while there like on a Ford Fiesta.

What do you think?

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cheese View Post
    That would be an awesome vacation! I would love to go, but given the price of the round trip shipping of my 8 from Vegas, I would have to leave her at home in the garage. Kind of defeats the purpose. Perhaps I could rent one there? Wouldn't be the same but I would still have the company of a beautiful ride. Or I can bring a vinyl wrap photo of the 8 and put it on my rental while there like on a Ford Fiesta.

What do you think?
    My passenger seat is not in use..... if anyone wants to come without their car we can probably make arrangements to ride with some of the local guys.
    There are 5-7 owners here locally and I doubt that the better half of all of them will join us.
    I would not mind company in my car.

only 100 e31's in the Country so sadly none for rent.
    -Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5
    Interesting proposition. I just need to figure out what to do with the family.

My Cars
    2008 M5, nee '93 850Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cheese View Post

What do you think?
    I "think" my earlier suggestion is a more viable one (rather than shipping one's 8 back and forth..) - buy an M3/M6/X5M/X6M (or my favorite, a pre-owned M5) for delivery in Deutschland, drive it on Noggie's "summer drive", see Europe then ship it home and enjoy it here (or sell it). Bill

check this out : http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/default.aspx
    Last edited by Whisky; 10-28-2010 at 04:49 PM.

My Cars
    -90 850 -12 ///M550xd
    The meeting is booked, and first post is now updated with the latest.

Stay tuned, more to come.
    -Egil (my name)

2012 ///M550xd touring
    2004 M3 (sold)

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Holy smokes. That looks insane !!! This view :O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast