Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote windows up how-to

My Cars
    former E39 owner

Remote windows up how-to

LINK

The file is a word document, it's 2.1mb because there's screenshots. I also have a youtube video of my computer screen as I did it if that's easier, but there's no sound. the document at least has text telling you what to do.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Okay you made this unnecessarily complicated. Best would be to:

1.start by creating a blank "FSW_PSW.MAN" in the WORK folder.
    2. Open NCS Expert.
    3. Select the appropriate profile
    4. Click on VIN/ZCS/FA, select your chasis, and then select the appropriate ECU (I think EWS in the E39s case)
    5. Click back
    6. Click on "process ECU" and select the GM3.
    7. Click the button to read the ECU data.
    8. Go back to the work folder, and there should be an FSW_PSW.TRC file that has data only from the GM3. In there will be a line that says "KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB". Under that it'll say "nicht_aktiv". Change that to "aktiv"
    9. Click file>save as> and then where it says file type, change it to "all"
    10. Save the file as "FSW_PSW.MAN" and say yes when it asks you to overwrite.
    11. Now back in NCS Expert, change the job type to "SG_CODIEREN"
    12. Hit execute job.

You should now have convenience closing via remote
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-29-2010 at 09:50 PM.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post

2. Open NCS Expert.
    4. Click on VIN/ZCS/FA, select your chasis, and then select the appropriate ECU (I think EWS in the E39s case)
    5. Click back
    8. Go back to the work folder, and there should be an FSW_PSW.TRC file that has data only from the GM3. In there will be a line that says "KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB". Under that it'll say "nicht_aktiv". Change that to "aktiv"
    12. Hit execute job.

Thanks for the info.

I really don't see why you'd even bother with #1. you're going to overwrite it like 2 minutes later anyway. the second half of #9 is also unnecessary.Also, on #8, i didn't see that in my file initially. that's why i wrote it the way i did.

The guide I made is for people that have NO IDEA how to maneuver in and how ncs works. I see i could leave out the whole part where you go into key programming, but the rest was written so that the only way you'd do it wrong is if you don't know how to use a computer and windows.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    #1 is only because NCS complains if that file isn't present when using a profile with manipulation. I agree it would be pointless otherwise, but the software enforces it.

in my experience second half of #9 is necessary, otherwise it'll save the file as fsw_psw.man.txt, which would be useless for NCS. I'd double check that the file saved with the proper extension in your case.

I figured it was something like that for #8, but I clarified that point because having the same parameter twice with different values might have unintended effects.

I was mainly getting at removing the car key memory part, i made this condensed because I wrote it in like 5 minutes.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-30-2010 at 03:04 AM.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    ok i understand #1. I've had it already before i started because the guide i was using said to do it, and now i know why.

I've never done second half of #9, i just change the file type directly in the filename and it never adds .txt to the end. guess it can't hurt though.

My Cars
    F30 335i ///M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post

2. Open NCS Expert.
    5. Click back
    12. Hit execute job.

which ecu would it be for the e46?

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by defkom View Post
    which ecu would it be for the e46?
    Choose the GM5 module.

My Cars
    F30 335i ///M Sport
    I only have 4 ecu's to choose from when reading from the car....
    AKMB
    ALSZ
    EWS
    KMB

AKMB
    ALSZ
    EWS
    KMB
    Last edited by defkom; 09-03-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by defkom View Post
    AKMB
    ALSZ
    EWS
    KMB
    Oh that, oke. It doesn't matter wich one to choose.
    I Always choose EWS or KMB because the other 2 doesn't work, no communication, I think because my E46 is from 2000.

After that, you will get another list with the installed modules, then choose the GM5.
    Last edited by Beemer187; 09-03-2010 at 11:13 AM.

My Cars
    F30 335i ///M Sport
    You guys are freaking awesome! lol

this coding stuff is easy once you have an idea of what to do..

just got my auto up working!

thanks again everyone.

also got the rear coupe vents to close too...
    Last edited by defkom; 09-03-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    528itouring
    THIS IS FUNNY AS SH!T for the longest there was a thread, correction, multiple threads on how to activate comfort close windows AND for the longest no one gave instructions. They just point fingers and say "go to him"

Until one day Knux11 says he will make a write up once he has time. The day he puts up his DIY, Terraphantm puts out his step by step DIY as an alternative.

Pure comedy lol.

I should have just made a bogus DIY for the window roll up a long time ago and maybe Terraphantm would have corrected me with his DIY. Would have save that long thread about window roll up a whole bunch of trouble.

But kudos to you both. You basically made something foreign to me look like the ABCs.
    Last edited by repandpresent; 09-04-2010 at 03:29 AM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    LINK

The file is a word document, it's 2.1mb because there's screenshots. I also have a youtube video of my computer screen as I did it if that's easier, but there's no sound. the document at least has text telling you what to do.
    Thanks a lot both, knux (for detailed info) and TerraPhantm (for right to the point guidelines)...

However, as usually, nothing is easy for me...

I got my cables today. First I fought for couple hours with USB-to-Serial driver. Finally when everything was installed and connected, after I chose EWS for ECU and clicked OK, I got:

When running INPA I got similar error:

Do you know what possibly may cause this?

Is there simple test to find out that I have a connection between laptop and the car?

Thank you in advance,
    siny528i

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    I'll have to let terraphantm take that one, i never got that problem.
    I am curious to see how to resolve it though.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    I'll have to let terraphantm take that one, i never got that problem.
    I am curious to see how to resolve it though.
    Hey knux,

Looks like i found a solution by forcing it to COM 1. I dont want to connect it to the car now (its 01:36 AM here). But now I got very promising error:

IFH-0003: Data transmission HOST/Interface failed

Have a good night,
    siny528i

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    oh you didn't do that first? my install instructions had that in there, guess that's why i didn't have any error.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    oh you didn't do that first? my install instructions had that in there, guess that's why i didn't have any error.
    I am sorry, what instruction are you referring to?

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    oh I guess i get presumptuous.

During the 3 weeks it took my cables to arrive, I searched and downloaded and searched and installed and bookmarked and downloaded again various programs, documents, threads, tips, etc. on all this stuff.

One of the threads on the USB-serial adapter mentioned the settings on COM1 to get everything to communicate properly. I have 17 web bookmarks and somewhere around 2 dozen downloaded files I used and/or read up on. For some reason I assume most people doing this stuff gathered similar info.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    oh I guess i get presumptuous.

During the 3 weeks it took my cables to arrive, I searched and downloaded and searched and installed and bookmarked and downloaded again various programs, documents, threads, tips, etc. on all this stuff.

One of the threads on the USB-serial adapter mentioned the settings on COM1 to get everything to communicate properly. I have 17 web bookmarks and somewhere around 2 dozen downloaded files I used and/or read up on. For some reason I assume most people doing this stuff gathered similar info.
    Same here. I just found out about COM 1 as soon as I hit that error.

I finally got connected. It detected my VIN and other stuff. But after selecting F6 (Back) of Step 9 I see last 2 buttons are empty (gray) one of which supposed to be F5, Car/Key Memory.

I guess thats because default Expertmode did not work. So I would need another one. How do you load it (profile)? Just download it and place it into C:\NCSEXPER\PFL folder?

Last edited by siny528i; 09-09-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by siny528i View Post
    I guess thats because default Expertmode did not work. So I would need another one. How do you load it (profile)? Just download it and place it into C:\NCSEXPER\PFL folder?[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    yep. that's why. there are instructions out ther on how to select the proper choices in the edit profile menu selection though, since any profile is just a collection of checked and unchecked options in that menu.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    yep. that's why. there are instructions out ther on how to select the proper choices in the edit profile menu selection though, since any profile is just a collection of checked and unchecked options in that menu.
    I know, man, there is whole Internet at my disposal. All I need to do is go and search for it. Question is why is this or other forums like that for? In my opinion, to get help from others who know, not to get educated where and how to get this or that info. Those instructions suck big time, especially for newbie. Thats why you need to combine them together to get single piece of information.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    well that part was just fyi man, don't get all bent out of shape. From your post i figured you already had the fister profile, and i confirmed that's how you add it.

Honestly I'd have no problem whatsoever sharing every link, document, and program i've found in one thread, but I dunno where I'd find the space online to host over 7 gigs of stuff. So naturally the next best thing is to direct people to where they can help themselves.

You know what responses I got when I first tried doing this stuff?
    "dude, this has already been explained before. Stop asking us to spoonfeed you". So i try to be as helpful as I can because so many people find it easier to be asses, and like you said that's what forums are for IMO.

The instructions I wrote don't "suck big time", but it does run off the assumption that you already have the hardware and software working properly. I thought i said as much, maybe it was another thread, but if you're starting from scratch and have none of the hardware or software, you're starting in the wrong place.

A month ago I had never used any of this software or hardware, but I educated myself minimally using google, bf.c, and common sense. If that much is too much to ask someone to have going in, then maybe you should find someone to pay to just do it all for you.
    Last edited by knux11; 09-09-2010 at 08:59 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    If that much is too much to ask someone to have going in, then maybe you should find someone to pay to just do it all for you.
    I think you can understand why some people get frustrated now :P

Siny: I've been busy with general life-stuff the past few days so I didn't even see the new questions arise in this thread, but looks like you've got it figured out for the most part. For the profile, download one that has everything enabled (there's a bunch out there) or just edit the expertmode yourself (password repxet I think... not 100% sure on that)

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    yep that's the password.
    siny if you need the fister profile shoot me a pm, i'll send it to you.

My Cars
    F30 335i ///M Sport
    yep that's the password.
    siny if you need the fister profile shoot me a pm, i'll send it to you.
    something happened when i got that profile from you...it wouldnt load for me

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    what happened? did you put it in the pfl folder with the program closed, then open the program?

dunno, worked fine for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast