Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZCS Decoder

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)

ZCS Decoder

This thread started off with me asking for some ZCS-related software. Now I've been given the software and I posted it as a torrent:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6314408
    Last edited by joako; 04-12-2011 at 05:24 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Hi I've got the first two files on my ftp at the following links:

BMW Decoder v0.3.zip BMW Decoder v0.4.rar

Just so you know, version 0.4 is in german. I don't have that last file.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-18-2010 at 11:56 PM.

My Cars
    330iS
    ^ Thanks

@OP: did you find the last file?
    Last edited by genuity; 09-05-2010 at 11:11 PM.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    No, I didn't. The BMW decoder is great, thanks, but it only decodes/encodes SA.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    zeko_zcs.rar

Got the last file, thanks to Rondo. Hope it helps

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi oops you need to mod the ini file to access the data this worked for me
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    I just put it in the folder it was expecting. But I got it to english 1 time but never again. Interface is a little clunkly but none the less it will calculate the entire ZCS, awsome thanks!

My Cars
    330iS
    Does anyone know if when decoding the SA code from a vehicle (E46) with a manual transmission, is there a 4 digit code or entry for it? I only see the code for an automatic. I'm planning for an auto to manual conversion and have read that I would need an SA code from a manual model with similar features as mine for the swap, so that I can use their code to replace mine.

Would it be easiest to just get my (E46) SA code enter it in this thing (decoder v0.3), decode, uncheck 0205-AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, then re-encode it? Does this also generate the appropriate check digit?

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    If it's ZCS yes but if not you just do the same thing direct with the FA. I don't believe you need to change the typschussel since they are the same for auto and manual.

Not a good idea to just copy someone else's coding better to figure it out and add/remove what you need.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 320i
    I think you have just to remove the option for auto. transmission, because I've got here my car options list form the bmw database and nowhere it says "schaltgetribe" under optional equipment witch means manual transmission.

My Cars
    330iS
    Thanks, I was able to use DIS v43 to recodes all the necessary modules. I have yet to test it all--still waiting for parts for the mechanical swap. Although all the unnecessary lights on the kombi went off as I recoded the modules with the tranny computer removed, so I assume all is well.

I notice with E46s with production date 9/01 and greater, they switched to vehicle order (VO) and ZCS codes are not even present in their systems, especially with using DIS v43. A friend of mine was able to recode the kombi by removing option 205 and that seemed to do it, but even when he unplugged the tranny computer prior to recoding the kombi, his traction control and yellow brake light did not illuminate like how mine did. Once I recoded the DSC, those lights went off for me. When he let the DIS do automatic programming for him, it acted like it had no effect. In the end, his cruise control is the only thing that doesn't work even though he wired it correctly. I have yet to test mine so its a bit unknown whether you can even turn on cruise control...the thought had not hit me to try to turn it on (not set it, but just try turning it on).

My car has a production date before 9/01, so it was straight forward with pulling the ZCS and changing the SA code. The friend did say when he puts it in reverse, the passenger mirror does not go tilt. He did run to wires to complete the circuit to the brake relay from the transmission reverse switch, so reverse lights work for him. Again, I do not have the mechanicals done so I do not know yet.

Do you all think he needs to use SSS/Progman with those newer cars that use VO instead of ZCS?
    Last edited by genuity; 01-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Your question makes no sense.

Do you all think he needs to use "SSS/Progman" with those newer cars that use VO instead of "ZCS"?

No your friend should not use "SSS/Progman" INSTEAD OF "ZCS." There is a reason you can say "ZCS/FA."

My Cars
    330iS
    Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    Your question makes no sense.

Do you all think he needs to use "SSS/Progman" with those newer cars that use VO instead of "ZCS"?

No your friend should not use "SSS/Progman" INSTEAD OF "ZCS." There is a reason you can say "ZCS/FA."
    Sorry, here is what the question should have said; I should have been more specific:

Do you all think he needs to use SSS/Progman to code the modules (in hopes that it yields more advanced options for VO/FA support) with those newer cars that use VO/FA instead of DIS (v43)?

Attached is directly what I am referring to...he sees these screens because his vehicle fell into the era of the VO/FA switch over from ZCS. I do not see these screens when I coded my modules. I saw the standard questions that prompted if the ZCS codes were correct.

This is the case for him: If he recodes the modules, starting with the KOMBI so that the modules thinks the car is a manual, then he is not able to even turn on cruise control with the multi-function steering wheel. If he recodes it back to an automatic, his cruise control works. Of course when coding the car for a manual, the TCM is unplugged and when coding for an automatic, TCM is all plugged in. Obviously when I say plugged and unplugged it is just the wires into the TCM and not the other ends of the wires going into the gearbox itself. He has already done the mechanical swap and just has been driving around with the cog and SES on the KOMBI.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    1987 RX7 2+2
    I just put it in the folder it was expecting. But I got it to english 1 time but never again. Interface is a little clunkly but none the less it will calculate the entire ZCS, awsome thanks!

make sure you're using the zeko.txt above
    open ZEKO
    F10
    tab down to sprache selection (you should land on deutsch)
    arrow down to englisch
    press spacebar to put the asterisk on englisch
    tab down to sichern
    hit enter
    close ZEKO and restart it. you should be in english now
    Fast Track '09
    NJ S.T.E.P
    . 35 - the cake is a lie

What do you call a BMW on a flatbed?
    -Maintenance interval.

Zoom - Zoom
    Forever

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuity View Post
    This is the case for him: If he recodes the modules, starting with the KOMBI so that the modules thinks the car is a manual, then he is not able to even turn on cruise control with the multi-function steering wheel
    I think your friend has done everything right but he/she has neglected to install or just wire in the clutch switch.

My Cars
    330iS
    I think your friend has done everything right but he/she has neglected to install or just wire in the clutch switch.
    But he did wire it. If it is recoded back to normal in terms of the DME and KOMBI throwing the transmission cog and SES because it doesn't see the automatic transmission, while he drives like that the cruise control works. He is able to disengage it when he depresses the clutch.

Here is the wiring diagram he put together from other diagrams. This is why it does not make sense that when recoded to manual it seems to just ignore the electrical inputs from the sensor on the clutch master cylinder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2002 E39
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    zeko_zcs.rar

Got the last file, thanks to Rondo. Hope it helps
    Can you send me the "BMW Decoder v0.4.rar" and "zeko_zcs.rar" to edfe00@aol.com
    I need it quickly and does not download.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mejcf; 03-29-2011 at 07:23 AM.

My Cars
    E46 325ti
    hey guys, can anyone send me the files too?
    Please PN me..

Big thanks

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    My server at home is crashing... I need to fix that. I'm not at home so I can't reboot it Anyone want to buy me a switched PDU?

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    I believe there is a ZCS decoder program, but does anyone know where I can download it?

BMW Decoder v0.3.zip (264.4 KB, 351 views) BMW Decoder v0.4.rar (216.4 KB, 423 views) zeko_zcs.rar (168.2 KB, 18 views)
    other links:

BMW Decoder v0.3

BMW Decoder v0.4

ZEKO ZCS
    Last edited by Beemer187; 03-17-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Links updated!

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Hello,

With NCS Expert + BMW Decoder, I succeed to decode ZCS option list.. (only the SA value need to be modified ?)
    I would like to know in NCS Expert how to flash the new ZCS option list in the right module.
    I guess it is in "process ECU" then "Change job", but what is the job I need to select ?

Thank you

Edit :
    The goal is to remove 2 options from the car.

Here is the extracted codes :

GM : 61910004G
    SA : 00002A00C0B8D4200
    VN : 00006406201

The 2 options I need to remove are :
    0609/0608-NavigationSystem...
    0602-BordMonitor...

BMW Decoder 0.4 tells to replace the C by 0 in SA.

Is it enough ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Orphee; 04-06-2011 at 05:48 AM.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Something like Codering_Schriben (coding..._write)

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Do ZCS_SCHRIEBEN on whatever module(s) store the ZCS

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Do ZCS_SCHRIEBEN on whatever module(s) store the ZCS
    That's it. Ignore my last post!

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Ok, thank you all

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast