Thread: Civic gets owned 3 times

My Cars
    e36

Civic gets owned 3 times

okay, i know this might not be worth posting but i am anyways for the sheer humour of it. i'm in the inner lane of a two lane road that leads to a freeway on-ramp. there is a cargo van in the right lane about one car length in front of me and there is a honda civic si a few car lengths behind in the right lane. i need to get get in the right lane so that i can get on the freeway so i hit the signal and shoulder check to get in. once i do this, the civic closes the gap so that i can't get in and decides to hug the bumper of the van. so, i shift to 3rd and get in front of the van . . . no biggie.

i obviously hit the freeway first and stay in the right lane . . . but then the civic quickly switches lanes into the left and as he's flying by me, decides to give me a few revs (and a look) just to let me know. i look over at my friend and she looks at me. i say, "it's not worth my gas." that feeling lasted about 2 seconds. i'm going about 65mph and i drop into 4th gear to catch his ass. i pull up beside him at about 80mph and give him the look. i see some sort of gauge on his A-pillar; i hear an intake, and i definitely hear his coffee can exhaust. he's lowered, and probably 17inch wheels of some sort. he punches it first but to no avail. i pull steadily till about 105mph and . . . it was so sad. i should've offered him a kleenex. i couldn't even count the car lengths we had between us. i drop to 70mph cuz i'm done. he pulls up and revs again. i look at my friend and she says, "he wants to go again? why?" he drops it. i do too . . . same result but way worse. i fly to about 120mph and his two headlights are one. haha. but he charges on. i slow down to 70mph and pull to the far right lane. no one else in the other two lanes. he pulls right up to my rear bumper. HE WANTS TO GO AGAIN!!!! he pulls beside and punches it. i wait a few seconds until he gets about 3 car lengths. i drop into 4th again and . . . see ya later buddy for the 3rd time! sheesh, when will the carnage end?!?!?!

anyways, i say enough is enough. he decides to fly by me again. but i don't give chase. the funny thing is that we get off at the same exit and i happened to pull up to him at a light. just us two. i look over and my friend . . . she's laughing at him . . . anways. he doesn't want any part of me and decides to let me start off first.

i know that this isn't much of a kill, but it's just funny that he kept coming back for more. maybe it's not that funny. at least he showed persistence.
    dlv

My Cars
    1982 320i
    Maybe he's like some of the 318 owners here, who just like seeing fast cars go fast?
    1982 320i - 86xxx miles and not moving for now.
    Sound : Sony Cassette + 10 disk changer, Pioneer speakers, 10'' Boss sub x 2 --- Suspesion : H&R lowering springs, Bilstien Sport shocks all around.
    1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - 84,xxx miles
    Broken A/C, but proving to be damn reliable. Sound : 2 Boston Acustic Speakers, 8'' Punch Sub, 350 watt Kenwood amp, Pioneer CD player. Best 3 speaker system I've ever heard.

One thing at a time, the m42 comes next.

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    What are your mods? Nice kill.

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    Moded 325is
    Is the 320i some sort of canada release only??? never seen one here in the us... what are your mods?

My Cars
    325izzle
    320i is rare in the US, Canada does get em, we get em here in NZ as well.. i think america is the only one that missed out!

My Cars
    325is Savage
    Missed out : if you think so. :

My Cars
    e36

follow-up . . .

hey, check this out guys. i get a msg from one of my buddies today that says, "heard ya went racing last night." i thought to myself, how could he know?!?!?! he wasn't there.

turns out that the guy in the civic is a friend of my friend. he's got an integra GS-R (?) motor (B-18C) in his civic and some bolt-ons. he calls my friend up and says that his car was pegged and just wouldn't go anymore. translated: i couldn't keep up with the bimmer! so i feel a little better about this kill. i've got another friend with a civic with the same motor and i've watched him run a 13.4 at the track. not too shabby. it's cool that i could walk on this guy. hmmm . . . must be a different race when you're already going 120km/h.

anyways, that's the news.

as far as mods goes, my modest 320i has a 97' M3 motor; 3.91 LSD; JC software; intake; SS exhaust; AA short shift kit; RD coilovers . . . but the best thing is that it looks pretty much stock.
    Last edited by dvillain; 11-14-2003 at 03:31 AM.
    dlv

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I have an '81 320i (E21) project car in the garage.

Haven't had time to fix it up though.

My Cars
    1986 L7, 1983 323i +++
    Turbo
    ITS ALIVE

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A 468

My Cars
    E30 325iC
    wut idiot does an engine swap for 10 more horsepower?(assuming its a 99-00 Si or even the brand new Si*si=160HP,B18c1=170HP*)
    eh...wutever
    nice kill though...i would hardly state you *walked him* its more like you...i dunno..*jogged away from him?*

My Cars
    1982 320i
    e36 320i's are pretty much euro/canadian only. e21 320i's are just old, heh.
    1982 320i - 86xxx miles and not moving for now.
    Sound : Sony Cassette + 10 disk changer, Pioneer speakers, 10'' Boss sub x 2 --- Suspesion : H&R lowering springs, Bilstien Sport shocks all around.
    1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - 84,xxx miles
    Broken A/C, but proving to be damn reliable. Sound : 2 Boston Acustic Speakers, 8'' Punch Sub, 350 watt Kenwood amp, Pioneer CD player. Best 3 speaker system I've ever heard.

One thing at a time, the m42 comes next.

My Cars
    Moded 325is
    definate sleeper dvillian... nice

My Cars
    e36
    stylett: i guess i didn't say what year civic i think it was. looked to me like a 94 Si so i figure it started with 125hp and 106 lb-ft torque. my buddy tells me that it weighs around 2200lbs cuz that guy dumped some weight from his car. so with that weight, and 170hp + bolt-ons . . . it's not bad.

thanks for the kind words guys.

D
    dlv

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    You're right, it wasn't worth posting.

hehe, J/K...nice kill
    - Roman

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Nice Kill on a Civic

My Cars
    tank
    funny story... nice kill
    Sorry... the server is too busy to fulfill your request. Please try again later.