Thread: HPF Stg 2.5 1/4 Mile Results 6-11-10 @ Famoso Raceway

My Cars
    HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3

HPF Stg 2.5 1/4 Mile Results 6-11-10 @ Famoso Raceway

Just got back from the track. I think I did pretty well for my first time out and only getting in 3 runs. The MT's hook pretty well, just need to tinker a little more next time, hopefully at an event that isn't so busy.

Best ET: 11.32 @ 136.92mph w/ a 1.997 60'

Temps were in the mid 70's on the OBC.

Here are the slips of all 3 runs:

My Cars
    2000 4Runner/95 OBD1 3.2
    tire setup?

My Cars
    HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM325PWR View Post
    tire setup?
    275/40/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by mspiredm3 View Post
    Just got back from the track. I think I did pretty well for my first time out and only getting in 3 runs. The MT's hook pretty well, just need to tinker a little more next time, hopefully at an event that isn't so busy.

Here are the slips of all 3 runs:

Not to Shabby..

I want to see an HPF can run in 10's

My Cars
    85 318i
    Nice mph

What tire pressure did you run?
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525

Great Job gettin' out there.
    Consistent.

My Cars
    HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ICS Performance View Post
    Not to Shabby..

I want to see an HPF can run in 10's
    I think with my current setup, I can pull it off wit some more practice and a lil tinkering with tire pressures and rear shock adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by good & tight View Post
    Nice mph

What tire pressure did you run?
    Thanks! I ran 21psi cold, I wanted to drop it 1psi after each run and see the effects, but I couldn't get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by milKT View Post
    Great Job gettin' out there.
    Consistent.
    Thanks! The traps are so very consistent, shows good things about the kit IMO.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Mike you da man for going to the strip already!

Congrats on your first runs. Pretty consistent which is very important.

Have you spoken to Chris about testing Antilag? I am pretty surprised that he hasn't added it as an option considering the AEM EMS can do it no sweat and I'm sure he'd like an HPF car to have a 10 under it's belt. The Antilag will help your launch soooo much!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 vert
    Hey Bro. i know why you are not on M3 forum so i miss out on your progress. I did catch up a little on bimmer boost with Chris's post and photos.

I am only building a small HP project right now. Room to grow. But i am concentrating on traction traction traction.
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthrea...=1#post4776090

your 11.3 is mentioned here too. Many congrats Bro!

What width MT's? Do you run them in the street?
    I am going for 315/17/35 NT05R's ...only 25.7 inches tall. I have enough flare they will fit.

What is this AEM EMS??? Is it only for turbo?

I see guys running a very controlled modulated spray of nitrous BEFORE boost kicks in to act as anti lag. The spray is completely shut down once boost kicks in.

Me? I am doing the usual.... Starting out on S/C and if that is not enough, going for turbo.

HOWEVER, we are already seeing 650HP on 98 RON on one of ESS's big blowers..
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=322247

Its all about hooking the power up with out resorting to ridiculous ladder bars and solid rear axles. I mean ridiculous for an M3.

We are NOT drag racing cars, but no one can tell me that i cant run fast at the drag strip AND a road course. It can be done. It takes some thinking outside the box.

I am hard on half axles I will be getting these;
    http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=705

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 vert
    Mike, What size MT's are you running?
    Do you ever break rear CV joints?

Congrats BTW!

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Nice times! Your mph is good enough for mid to low 10's if you were able to get a 1.7 60 ft or better.
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    blown 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Nice times! Your mph is good enough for mid to low 10's if you were able to get a 1.7 60 ft or better.
    Yea get that 60' down and you will be in the 10's easily. Next time make some vids of your outing.

My Cars
    HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Mike you da man for going to the strip already!

Congrats on your first runs. Pretty consistent which is very important.

Have you spoken to Chris about testing Antilag? I am pretty surprised that he hasn't added it as an option considering the AEM EMS can do it no sweat and I'm sure he'd like an HPF car to have a 10 under it's belt. The Antilag will help your launch soooo much!
    Thanks Cam, I knew you'd be proud! I don't know if I need antilag, YET. i think with the way things stand, with a little more practice and tinkering, a 1.8 60' is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bosundave View Post
    Mike, What size MT's are you running?
    Do you ever break rear CV joints?

Congrats BTW!
    275/40/17

Nothing had broken so far, thank god!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Hopefully next time!

Quote Originally Posted by teamsoy View Post
    Yea get that 60' down and you will be in the 10's easily. Next time make some vids of your outing.
    I got a couple vids, will post them soon.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Thanks Cam, I knew you'd be proud! I don't know if I need antilag, YET. I think with the way things stand, with a little more practice and tinkering, a 1.8 60' is possible.
    Pfffft you need 1.4 - 1.5 60ft. Push Chris for Antilag. Besides it's super cool pop pop pop.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bosundave View Post
    Hey Bro. i know why you are not on M3 forum so i miss out on your progress. I did catch up a little on bimmer boost with Chris's post and photos.

I am only building a small HP project right now. Room to grow. But i am concentrating on traction traction traction.
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthrea...=1#post4776090

your 11.3 is mentioned here too. Many congrats Bro!

What width MT's? Do you run them in the street?
    I am going for 315/17/35 NT05R's ...only 25.7 inches tall. I have enough flare they will fit.

What is this AEM EMS??? Is it only for turbo?

I see guys running a very controlled modulated spray of nitrous BEFORE boost kicks in to act as anti lag. The spray is completely shut down once boost kicks in.

Me? I am doing the usual.... Starting out on S/C and if that is not enough, going for turbo.

HOWEVER, we are already seeing 650HP on 98 RON on one of ESS's big blowers..
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=322247

Its all about hooking the power up with out resorting to ridiculous ladder bars and solid rear axles. I mean ridiculous for an M3.

We are NOT drag racing cars, but no one can tell me that i cant run fast at the drag strip AND a road course. It can be done. It takes some thinking outside the box.

I am hard on half axles I will be getting these;
    http://www.driveshaftshop.com/pdetail.php?pid=705
    Thanks man!

Since I am banned, I can not view those links...

That is a big tire you are fitting, you will have no issue hooking, congrats!

Those ESS numbers are bogus, don't fall for them. The most you will likely see from a built motor supercharger on pump gas is probably going to be around 575-600rwhp, but I don;t think anyone is selling any kinda kit for that, so that is going to be very hard to get to.

I agree with you, it isn't hard for us to be able to get traction at the strip then also be able to run around the twistie track, it's all about the tire setup...

Honestly, you will get bored of a supercharger really fast; most people do and I can tell from the way you post you will get bored rather quickly. I would save some money and go turbo from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Pfffft you need 1.4 - 1.5 60ft. Push Chris for Antilag. Besides it's super cool pop pop pop.
    1.6 or under aint happening on anything short of slicks or body modifications for some serious size rubber.
    Last edited by mspiredm3; 06-14-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 330i
    1.6 or under aint happening on anything short of slicks or body modifications for some serious size rubber.
    It would be nice to see someone do this though.

Congrats on the great times.