Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Change the Region of Your BMW

My Cars
    X5 E53 2002
    Hello everybody,

i know this is not the right forum / thread but may i get some help to re-program my 2002 X5 from Canada to EU specs. Xoutpost doesnt give me any help so far.
    I have an IBM T30 with DIS V.43, Progman V.28 and yellow head. So far i was able to activate / deactivate several things, read and delete fault codes, change settings and so on.
    Under Progman the only option to change i have is the Region: Canada or USA.
    Any idea if it is possible with my Soft- and Hardware or do i need another software like NCS expert to do the job?
    Mainly i need to deactivate the Sidemarker (there are stady on) for EU Registration / TÜV.
    Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Thomas

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    change the 4th digit of your GM string from a 3 to a 1, and recalculate the checksums.

My Cars
    X5 E53 2002
    OK, and where?
    With Progman or NCS expert, have no clue how changing digits and do a checksum recalculate, sorry.
    Thomas

My Cars
    2006 E61 530D
    how can you change language in ie. E39? i have inpa and DIS working...

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by gotohelp View Post
    OK, and where?
    With Progman or NCS expert, have no clue how changing digits and do a checksum recalculate, sorry.
    Thomas
    Use NCS Expert.

Load the expertmode profile. Hit "VIN/ZCS/FA". Press "ZCS/FA f. ECU". Pick "E53" and choose EWS as the module. Hit okay and it will read the ZCS from the car. Now click "Enter ZCS". Select E53 and hit okay. Leave the VIN as is, and hit okay. Now you'll have a menu where you can edit the GM, SA, and VN strings

In the GM, the change the 4th digit to a "1" (if your car is currently coded as a US model, it'll be a 3 by default). Delete the last digit in all 3 lines. Click the "calculate checksum" box. Hit okay.

Click back. Click "process ECU". Pick the EWS. Change the job type to "ZCS_SCHRIEBEN". Click "execute job". Click "SG/SGET." Pick the KMB (or KMBI). Execute the same ZCS_SCHRIEBN job.

Now hit "Zur". Hit "VIN/ZCS/FA" again. Hit "back". Hit "process car". Let NCS Expert do its thing. Once it's done, every module should be coded to their European defaults.

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    I finally got around to getting the region changed.

My us region gm was 616300005 country code bn53

Ended changing it to it's bn51 equivalent which was 616100003.

Not sure why it wouldn't take 6161000005.

Probably because the last digit is used as a checksum.

Basically the 4th and last digit had to be changed.

Either way dis reports my car as being an eur_lhd model.

The Zeko tool was a very helpful tool in figuring this out. I was also able to change the production date.
    Last edited by newtoe46; 08-10-2011 at 06:15 AM.

My Cars
    2010|535i|x-drive

Region Change

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    This is a long shot, but for anyone who lives near Northeast PA: if you have a prefacelift E46 and are willing to meet up with me, I will try to figure out the region thing for those cars.

Terraphnatm I live near Pa over in NY I really need help with this region change thing. If you are still around there I would love to meet up

thanks

Rab

My Cars
    e60
    this pepsi, from New Zealand. now i really got head ache about progamme my E60, and really need to you help. i have my japan imported E90 2005. and it only have japanese radio station, i read some on wed, so i brought ops with works with laptop. but i can't find out how to make it works. if you can help me, i am realy grateful, and i even can give the bonus .

cheers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by therab View Post
    Terraphnatm I live near Pa over in NY I really need help with this region change thing. If you are still around there I would love to meet up

thanks

Rab
    Well currently I'm actually in central PA for school, though I sometimes go back to my parents' house on weekends. Sometimes I even head up to the Long Island area for other personal reasons... so we could probably figure something out.

But what car are you trying to figure out the region change for? If it's the E60 in your profile... well that's a special case, because the E60 535 was never sold outside of the US and Canada. You can still recode most modules to the European settings though.

Quote Originally Posted by nz1126 View Post
    this pepsi, from New Zealand. now i really got head ache about progamme my E60, and really need to you help. i have my japan imported E90 2005. and it only have japanese radio station, i read some on wed, so i brought ops with works with laptop. but i can't find out how to make it works. if you can help me, i am realy grateful, and i even can give the bonus .

cheers
    I know how to do it through NCS Expert, but I'm unsure on how to get an OPS head to interface with NCS. If you can take care of that part, I can guide you through the rest...
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 01-17-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    08 535xit
    i am trying to do this on my 02 E39. i have gotten a fair amount of the way through TerraPhantm, but am running into problem with this part of the instructions.

Click back. Click "process ECU". Pick the EWS. Change the job type to "ZCS_SCHRIEBEN". Click "execute job". Click "SG/SGET." Pick the KMB (or KMBI). Execute the same ZCS_SCHRIEBN job.
    i have figured out that SG/SGET is Change ECU. i do not seem to have a KMB or KMBI to choose from in the next step. which module from the list should i choose for the E39?

thanks,

G~

My Cars
    E90
    Damn, every time I try to do this it gives a Cooapi error on a 06 Z4.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Use NCS Expert.

Load the expertmode profile. Hit "VIN/ZCS/FA". Press "ZCS/FA f. ECU". Pick "E53" and choose EWS as the module. Hit okay and it will read the ZCS from the car. Now click "Enter ZCS". Select E53 and hit okay. Leave the VIN as is, and hit okay. Now you'll have a menu where you can edit the GM, SA, and VN strings

In the GM, the change the 4th digit to a "1" (if your car is currently coded as a US model, it'll be a 3 by default). Delete the last digit in all 3 lines. Click the "calculate checksum" box. Hit okay.

Now hit "Zur". Hit "VIN/ZCS/FA" again. Hit "back". Hit "process car". Let NCS Expert do its thing. Once it's done, every module should be coded to their European defaults.

Mine is

ZCS GM : 65633813W
    ZCS SA : 00002A4807B810687
    ZCS VN : 00006406201

Changed it to 65613813 and deleted it the last digit from all three lines and checked checksum calculate.

it took it and changed it to 65613813U and other 2 lines were the same last digit like before, but when I hit back it gave me Coapi error 1000, and it wouldn't proceed!!!! any Ideas???

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    M10
    Please post full error. 1000 error can be different. It can be ecu error or zcs faulty, etc.

My Cars
    BMW 330i
    HI
    i have an m3 e46 US Version
    i live no in germany and i have to code it to ECE, EU
    can you help me?

i have coded several settings like, "peep on close" etc

Thanks

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by peterghobriell View Post
    Mine is

ZCS GM : 65633813W
    ZCS SA : 00002A4807B810687
    ZCS VN : 00006406201

Changed it to 65613813 and deleted it the last digit from all three lines and checked checksum calculate.

it took it and changed it to 65613813U and other 2 lines were the same last digit like before, but when I hit back it gave me Coapi error 1000, and it wouldn't proceed!!!! any Ideas???

Thanks in advance!
    drop the 3813 from your ZCS string (make it 0000). IIRC 38 specifies that it's a canadian vehicle and 13 means you have an km cluster. Neither are needed for a Euro GM string.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond357 View Post
    HI
    i have an m3 e46 US Version
    i live no in germany and i have to code it to ECE, EU
    can you help me?

i have coded several settings like, "peep on close" etc

Thanks
    What year is the vehicle?

My Cars
    e60
    Well currently I'm actually in central PA for school, though I sometimes go back to my parents' house on weekends. Sometimes I even head up to the Long Island area for other personal reasons... so we could probably figure something out.

But what car are you trying to figure out the region change for? If it's the E60 in your profile... well that's a special case, because the E60 535 was never sold outside of the US and Canada. You can still recode most modules to the European settings though.

I know how to do it through NCS Expert, but I'm unsure on how to get an OPS head to interface with NCS. If you can take care of that part, I can guide you through the rest...

hi:
    TerraPhantm, do you have the email, or you can email me : nzautopartz@gmail.com.
    thanks very much

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123