Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Change the Region of Your BMW

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcatxx87 View Post
    I might have one from an 01 canadian cab, I'll look tonight.
    Any luck w/ this? I accidentally deleted the backups I made from prefacelift US-spec cars

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi this may help is from US 2001 e46 cabriolet
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Prefacelift LSZ Comparison

Made an excel sheet comparing the US and Euro LSZs from the prefacelift E46... It's a similar file to the one I made for the facelift models. There are a couple parameters missing from my Euro list, but I think setting all of them to ece should do the trick (you'll see what I mean). Theoretically the corner delete is somewhere in there

My Cars
    e46 M3 6MT
    My 2001 M3 does not have a sidemarkers_us option. Would it be possible to add it to the FSW_PSW file and write it with NCS Expert? For reference, this is my LSZ file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    No, it is based on the coding index of the module. So at best it will ignore it or at worst throw an error.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
    My 2001 M3 does not have a sidemarkers_us option. Would it be possible to add it to the FSW_PSW file and write it with NCS Expert? For reference, this is my LSZ file.
    Old LSZs don't have the sidemarker_us option. I'd imagine changing one of the lsz_parameters to ece would do the trick. I haven't been able to experiment with prefacelift cars so I can't say anything with certainty.

My Cars
    e46 M3 6MT
    Changing the following settings:
    SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG
    aktiv (from nicht_aktiv)
    FERNLICHT_DRL
    nicht_aktiv (from aktiv)
    EINZEIT_DRL
    wert_01 (from wert_02)

had the following effects on my car:
    1) DRLs are disabled, just like I wanted
    2) Corner parking lights do no turn on in position one, but still turn on with the headlights. This is pretty much the opposite of what I wanted.

I will play around with PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ to see if I can fix that. I'll also try swapping SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG back to nicht_aktiv to see what effect that has.
    Last edited by Toxic0n; 09-14-2010 at 07:12 PM.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Sorry to bump this thread, but if I just want to change the LSZ to euro settings, do I have to change the region on the AKMB as well? Or can I just write it to the LSZ and everything will be fine.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread, but if I just want to change the LSZ to euro settings, do I have to change the region on the AKMB as well? Or can I just write it to the LSZ and everything will be fine.
    You don't actually need to write the FA/VO to either module. Just recode the LSZ while you have the modified FA loaded. You only need to write the FA/VO if you want the dealer tools to pick it up as a euro vehicle too.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    You don't actually need to write the FA/VO to either module. Just recode the LSZ while you have the modified FA loaded. You only need to write the FA/VO if you want the dealer tools to pick it up as a euro vehicle too.
    Ahh ok that makes sense. So I would change the FA/VO, then load up the LSZ module, and set, sg_codierin and process ECU and I should end up with Euro settings?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Ahh ok that makes sense. So I would change the FA/VO, then load up the LSZ module, and set, sg_codierin and process ECU and I should end up with Euro settings?
    Yep that should do it. Just make sure that the profile you use doesn't have manipulation enabled.

Also just so you know, having the euro settings will generate some bulb-out errors. This is because US-spec cars aren't equipped with the european-style parking lights (the so called "city lights"). You can disable these warnings via NCS expert

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Yep that should do it. Just make sure that the profile you use doesn't have manipulation enabled.

Also just so you know, having the euro settings will generate some bulb-out errors. This is because US-spec cars aren't equipped with the european-style parking lights (the so called "city lights"). You can disable these warnings via NCS expert
    Just curious but which profiles don't have manipulation enabled?

I was still able to get what I wanted done, but I did it a different way. I erased all the info info in the psw file and then coded the LSZ, after that the bulb out error showed up. I then edited the PSW File and disabled the error by setting both CC_standlicht values to nicht_aktiv.
    Last edited by 04yfz; 10-30-2010 at 07:21 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Just curious but which profiles don't have manipulation enabled?

I was still able to get what I wanted done, but I did it a different way. I erased all the info info in the psw file and then coded the LSZ, after that the bulb out error showed up. I then edited the PSW File and disabled the error by setting both CC_standlicht values to nicht_aktiv.
    expertmode should have manipulation disabled. The way you did works fine too.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    expertmode should have manipulation disabled. The way you did works fine too.
    Ah ok, cool, thanks for all your help.

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)
    Awesome stuff. I was wondering something. My windshield was replaced with a regular wind shield without the rain sensor. This was done by the previous owner. Now when I try to run easydis v44 it gives me an error when trying to read all the modules. Basically it can't read the RLS module sense I have no rain sensor. I know you can edit the VO so I tell the car it doesn't have a RLS anymore. But how? Please help. I've been looking for a month now. no answer

My Cars
    BMW E46 CIC.E53 X5.
    Hi all the FA for your car are in ncsexpert/daten/e46zst.000 file the Regensensor is 521 so you will need to remove this from your VO ....

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter Star View Post
    Awesome stuff. I was wondering something. My windshield was replaced with a regular wind shield without the rain sensor. This was done by the previous owner. Now when I try to run easydis v44 it gives me an error when trying to read all the modules. Basically it can't read the RLS module sense I have no rain sensor. I know you can edit the VO so I tell the car it doesn't have a RLS anymore. But how? Please help. I've been looking for a month now. no answer
    I responded to you in the other thread... here's that response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter Star View Post
    Thanks for pointing me in the right directions. I didn't know that was possible. You wouldn't happen to know how to do that or have a website that can show me. No worries if you don't. I'll be searching the web anyways. Cheers.
    Are you willing to use NCS Expert? If so do the following:

1) Load up expert mode
    2) Read the FA from the car (from either the ALSZ or AKMB modules)
    3) Hit "Enter FA" - verify the chassis is correct along with digits 10-17 of the VIN (first 10 dont matter, 18 is a checksum)
    4) Now there'll be a list of codes. Find "$521", highlight it, and hit delete
    5) Click ok, and then hit back.
    6) Click process ECU, and select AKMB
    7) Change job type to "FA_WRITE"
    8) Hit execute job
    9) Press SG/SGET, and select ALSZ
    10) Change the job type to "FA_WRITE" if it isn't already
    11) Execute job
    Optional) Recode the GM5 so that you have proper functionality (intermittent wipers)

You've successfully removed the rain sensor from your VO if you did the above properly. DIS should no longer complain. If you ever add the rain sensor again, do the above again, except this time you'd be adding $521 instead of deleting it.

I don't know how to change VO through DIS, and from what I understand it's a lot more complicated.

My Cars
    '03 330I (E46)
    Hey Thanks for that detailed response. I almost was able to do it today but I ran into a small problem. On the change job page, I did not have FA_write or FA_read. I've looked at some other pdf's online on how to do all of this. It was exactly like you described. I'm running NCS expert version 3.0.8 in expertmode. I'm going to see if there is a newer version out there. Everything else worked out ok so I don't know why my list of jobs to execute is missing some jobs. Ty again for the help.

Well i tried it again later on and was able to FA-write both the akmb and alsz. I didn't mess with the GM5 module. WAsn't sure by what you meant about proper funcionality of the wipers. Can you tell me what you meant. Thx.
    Last edited by Shatter Star; 02-11-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Change

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe
    Will changing the region of the car from US to Europe affect the DME at all? Things like engine mapping and power since Euro M3's have different ECU mapping?

FOR RENT: Valve Shim Kit and Tool | RTAB tool
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1614411

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by kkamakasi View Post
    Will changing the region of the car from US to Europe affect the DME at all? Things like engine mapping and power since Euro M3's have different ECU mapping?
    It seems that the software uses something else to determine the appropriate DME flash. I've tried combinations of US and Euro VOs as well as SMG and non, and I couldn't get it to prompt a different software for the DME. I suspect one would need to know the euro flash number and input it manually, but I dont know which ones are which.

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    I'm looking into doing this however in Real oem It gives me two region and codes

BD51
    BN51

If I type in my last 7 digits into Real oem it spits out bn51 after I change it to euro. What would happen if I choose BD51?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoe46 View Post
    I'm looking into doing this however in Real oem It gives me two region and codes

BD51
    BN51

If I type in my last 7 digits into Real oem it spits out bn51 after I change it to euro. What would happen if I choose BD51?
    Process is different for your car. Your's is an 01 so you don't even have a VO. ZCS instead. You have to modify the GM string... (generally you just change the 3 to a 1 and let NCS expert recalculate the checksums for the GM, SA, and VN lines)

BN51 = prefacelift 330ci, BD53 = facelift 330ci btw.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 03-23-2011 at 04:01 PM.

My Cars
    87', 89' E30, 04' S2000
    Process is different for your car. Your's is an 01 so you don't even have a VO. ZCS instead. You have to modify the GM string... (generally you just change the 3 to a 1 and let NCS expert recalculate the checksums for the GM, SA, and VN lines)

BN51 = prefacelift 330ci, BD53 = facelift 330ci btw.

I see... Thanks!

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    If anyone wants to remove or add country specific settings (like Canada $838) see if your VO has any of these codes listed and remove them. Then "default" your entire car in NCS.

L801A National version Germany/Austria
    L801A NATIONAL VERSION GERMANY
    L802A National version Korea
    L804A NATIONAL VERSION SWITZERLAND
    L807A NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN
    L808A NATIONAL VERSION ISRAEL
    L809A NATIONAL VERSION DENMARK
    L810A National version Australia
    L811A National version Belgium
    L812A National version England / Ireland
    L812A NATIONAL VERSION GREAT BRITAIN
    L813A NATIONAL VERSION FRANCE
    L814A NATIONAL VERSION ITALY
    L816A NATIONAL VERSION EASTERN EUROPE
    L819A NATIONAL VERSION SPAIN
    L820A NATIONAL VERSION LATIN AMERICA
    L821A National version Egypt
    L822A GULF VERSION
    L824A NATIONAL VERSION SOUTH AFRICA
    L827A NATIONAL VERSION SCANDINAVIA
    L830A NATIONAL VERS. NORTHERN COUNTRIES
    L833A country specification, Singapore
    L838A NATIONAL VERSION CANADA
    L846A Country-specific version Taiwan
    L8AAA National version China
    L8LAA National version, India

My Cars
    93 e30 327i / 95 e34 540
    2 informations i just need to get rid of:

1. for changig your GM/VN/SN values zeko-zcs works like a charm (for calculating the needed value)

2. changing an mk3/4 navi language can be done via INPA, no need to get an ibus interface and navcoder...
    Just typing this because the internet is sooo useless at this point if you're trying to find the needed informations, i coded the WHOLE car via progman to get the right language on it, but no, just inpa and a firmware cd needed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast