Thread: Walloth & Nesch / shipping from germany

My Cars
    '81 323i, '87 325

Walloth & Nesch / shipping from germany

Okay, I know a lot of folks around here have reservations about purchasing things from Germany due to time & expense. Most of you probably know that I'm a big fan of Walloth & Nesch, so take this with a grain of salt.

In light of spinning another CV joint Friday night, I figured it was time that take the time to completely rebuild a pair of half shafts. After past experiences, I've learned these must be done right & codgering together some bits from spare shafts you have laying around just won't cut it. I wanted new end caps, boots, clamps, circlips and the correct CV joint grease. W & N were the only ones I could find with a "complete kit".

I placed an order with them via email Sunday night. Monday morning I got an email from UPS saying they expected it to arrive on the 7th. I thought this was fast. My wife told me it showed up this morning!

I got home & looked it over. All there & OEM quality. They even threw in a note pad & pen (that has an e9 & a 02 that drive back and forth when you tip it upside down). I looked at the bill & saw that the shipping cost was 33 Euros (about $42 US) total bill was €92 ($118 US). Not too shabby, especially since I received the package in less than 3 days.

I am quite pleased & thought I should share.

e21: 1981 2.5L sleeper
    e21: 1982 323i Baur TC 1 # 4210
    e21: 1980 323i project or parts car, can't decide
    e21: track car project
    e46: 325XiT

click here for the latest updates

My Cars
    '82 528eeeeeeeee
    that is impressive.

My Cars
    79 elky, 320 Turbo
    they amaze me every time i order from them. I get stuff next day or the day after and it is about the same cost or cheaper than from California.
    Originally Posted by jrhaileYou know, it's time like this that brings a tear to my eye about this community: We all tuned in to support a fellow BMW driver elude the po-po. In the end, there is only one winner here: bimmerfourms.com and its members. I hope one day when I'm doing 150mph down the freeway that you will all support me, as did this fellow enthusiast. Drive on bimmerheads, drive on
    The first freedom is not speech, or guns or religion. It's choice.
    320I building enough boost to run air tools..on CIS, waiting for my rear diff to

My Cars
    83 320 14 335ix
    Nice!!! cool pen...

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I bought a new set of taillights a couple weeks ago, took 27 hours from placing the order to being on my door step in Alaksa. Shipping was 40 euros, the taillights were about $230.00, which was about $20.00 less than the dealer price on the lights, but they were out of stock at BMW.

I fell slighted now though, I didn't get a pen and notepad with my order

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    '80 323i

Part numbers

Jester,

I need to do the same thing to my car. Do you have the part numbers? I've got an '80 323i.

MNB

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Hah, I get that note pad with every order. With that said, they gave my gf overnight shipping on my Alpina wheel for the same price as regular shipping only because she asked nicely.

I've made a tread about this as well, I inquired to them about the clear lenses and the shipping in the email quoted was like $40, I sent them an email back and they said well we will ship it for 15% of what the item cost, came out to like $12, and that was the first time I ever used them.

Long story short, all their shipping from my experiance is negotiable.

My Cars
    '78 320i M42
    I've never used them before..I used to get their email newsletters and always saw great sales, but I was always hesitant because of the overseas shipping. I'll have to try them out one of these days!

My Cars
    79 & 81 323i Baur
    No pad or pencil here either, but I have been quite impressed with their shipping as well. I watch the euro and its lower now than it has been in the past so that's good. I'm hoping they have a bumper special when euro is low, I'll buy a few. Last time they had the special euro was like 1.42

My Cars
    2 E21s, E28, Z3 Coupe
    got body panels from them (left, middle and right rear lower valence). was very happy with their service.

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    Ordered wing panels, sill replacements, bumper chrome, etc. It all showed up UPS Expedited in about 2 days. Packaged well and with care. I never thought to check the rest of the big boxes. Man, I could have tossed a pen!

I wish they took PayPal. I junked by credit cards and my debit card doesn't allow overseas charges. Bank wires or nothing, so it's a bit of pain. Even those purchasable Visas don't have a high enough limit.

Next stop: break caliper rebuild!! WandN, I'm coming for ya!
    Last edited by midlifebmw; 05-05-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    I still drive daily with no commute...
    The Hazard is All, Praise the Hazard!

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    walmart has a higher prepaid visa, it's designed more for those people who don't use banks, they put their paycheck on the card, and pay a monthly fee to keep it active.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    e9 / e21 / e36
    Quote Originally Posted by fullswing View Post
    got body panels from them (left, middle and right rear lower valence). was very happy with their service.
    just curious to how much shipping was for those pieces? Eventually when I get some euros bumps, I'll order these.

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E
    Albrecht Walloth is also a Mechanical Engineer. What isn't there to like about these people.
    "The most important thing is balance." - KT

My Cars
    '98 528i 98k 5-SPP
    Jester:
    Did BMW mobile traditions not have the complete kit you needed? I would have thought they did...

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DHoang View Post
    Jester:
    Did BMW mobile traditions not have the complete kit you needed? I would have thought they did...
    They have the whole kit, just ask them, they will piece it together, same thing W&N does.