Thread: NCS Expert questions

My Cars
    E36 325I, E85 Z4

NCS Expert questions

I have a couple questions on errors I get when running NCS Expert. When I get the VO on one E85, I get a Build Version of #0407. This is the first entry of the VO. The system says it's an invalid code. When I run my GT1, I don't get that error. Of course the problem here is that NCS Expert won't let me go any further until this is addressed. The second issue I have is on a different E85. When I try to read the ALSZ module, it says ERROR in CABD! In the ERRORLOG it shows COAPI-2041: Wrong ecu coding index A_ALSZ: codierindex 37h. When I run the GT1 on this module, it seems fine. However, this module has been replaced in the past... I'm just wondering if anyone has run into these types of errors with NCS Expert. Neither seem to be causing any issues.. Thanks, Chuck I

My Cars
    Bmw
    Sounds like you have old DATEN files. You need to update them for your car.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck I View Post
    I have a couple questions on errors I get when running NCS Expert. When I get the VO on one E85, I get a Build Version of #0407. This is the first entry of the VO. The system says it's an invalid code. When I run my GT1, I don't get that error. Of course the problem here is that NCS Expert won't let me go any further until this is addressed. The second issue I have is on a different E85. When I try to read the ALSZ module, it says ERROR in CABD! In the ERRORLOG it shows COAPI-2041: Wrong ecu coding index A_ALSZ: codierindex 37h. When I run the GT1 on this module, it seems fine. However, this module has been replaced in the past... I'm just wondering if anyone has run into these types of errors with NCS Expert. Neither seem to be causing any issues.. Thanks, Chuck I
    Hmm, #0407 seems odd; usually the month is either 03 or 09 (0906 being MY2007, and 0307 being MY2007.5). But yea, the updated Daten files should do the trick. The ones I linked you are dated to 2008, so you'd think they'd be new enough.

Edit: Did you ever edit the VO using that xml sheet? Maybe you entered 0407 instead of 0307?

Edit 2: Oh wait, I didn't realize how old the original post was... the daten files I gave you since then should've done the trick
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 07-17-2010 at 09:21 PM.

My Cars
    Bmw
    ^ I was searching recent (3~month) old unreplied posts to make sure people were helped out.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcatxx87 View Post
    ^ I was searching recent (3~month) old unreplied posts to make sure people were helped out.
    Yea I realized that after I saw the date. I just was confused at first since I gave him some daten files not too long ago.

My Cars
    E36 325I, E85 Z4

Yup.. they worked great..

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Hmm, #0407 seems odd; usually the month is either 03 or 09 (0906 being MY2007, and 0307 being MY2007.5). But yea, the updated Daten files should do the trick. The ones I linked you are dated to 2008, so you'd think they'd be new enough.

Edit: Did you ever edit the VO using that xml sheet? Maybe you entered 0407 instead of 0307?

Edit 2: Oh wait, I didn't realize how old the original post was... the daten files I gave you since then should've done the trick
    Yes, the files worked great... Thanks... Chuck I