Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gloss/Matte Black and Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe

Gloss/Matte Black and Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

So after the responses/comments from my s2k thread (Link), I decided to start a thread of the picture collection of roofs that I've personally recently done.

I have quite a few pictures, but I'll slowly just add them into the thread, as to not overload things.

Feel free to ask me any general questions you might have, or specific picture requests, and I'll see what I have or can do.

Gloss black:

Matte black:

-Don

My Cars
    '95 M3 #5805
    Nice.

Is that an aftermarket bumper/diffuser matte black car? I like it a lot.

My Cars
    Subaru
    Did you use 3M for the gloss black?

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose City View Post
    Nice.

Is that an aftermarket bumper/diffuser matte black car? I like it a lot.
    I actually do not remember what the owner of that car said. It indeed does look nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIodineSky View Post
    Did you use 3M for the gloss black?
    It varies, depending on what the job is. I do use 3M, along with a lot of other different brands.

Some carbon fiber pictures:

-Don
    Last edited by Don Nguyen; 03-29-2010 at 03:20 PM.

My Cars
    Subaru
    The only gloss black vinyl that i've seen from 3M, would look shitty on a car to me, so that's why I was wondering.

My Cars
    99 740i,535xi,z4 mcoupe
    Sweet! That carbon looks good.

My Cars
    1994 325i- Sold
    I really want to do matte black on my roof but don't know what it would do to the paint underneath.

All your work looks really good!
    Present: 2001 330ci, Orient Blue Metallic, ZSP, ZPP, 18x8.5/18x9.5 VMR VB3, Muffler Delete, Smoked Corners, tails and sides, ZHP shift knob, 20% tint. 87k Miles.

Past: 1994 325i: UUC System U Exhaust, 17x7.5 Squared Off DSII's, ///M Shift Knob, Rokkor Coilovers, DJ Auto Headlights with 6k HID, Angel Eyes, Homemade Intake, 3.23 LSD.....SOLD

My Cars
    330Ci
    Oh wow. That's very good work indeed and looks sick as hell too. Definately looks like you earn your money and hopefully enjoy doing it too!
    05 BMW X5 - 09 Yamaha R6 - 04 Ski-Doo mxzX 440 lc race sled - 04 Ford F350 SCrew PSD

My Cars
    UV RAYS/VITAMIN D stg 3™
    I want a gloss black roof. Will be doing this summer. Don, can you PM me a price for an e36 coupe?

My Cars
    95 M3, 99 528i M, 98 e39
    how much for the carbon fiber installed. I want so bad on my e36!!

1995 M3 Vortech Supercharged

My Cars
    Euro 81 628csi. 02 325i
    Nice, does that CF have texture to it or is it just smooth.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by n2bimmer View Post
    Nice, does that CF have texture to it or is it just smooth.
    textured

I ordered a sample of it to check it out, really really nice looking in person

My Cars
    1999 m3/2/5, 92 325i
    wow, i really want to do that CF on my car. It looks great.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackIodineSky View Post
    The only gloss black vinyl that i've seen from 3M, would look shitty on a car to me, so that's why I was wondering.
    Sucks. Whoever's doing the wrap or graphic work must be using the wrong brand/type of vinyl for the job then.

Quote Originally Posted by pomps325i View Post
    I really want to do matte black on my roof but don't know what it would do to the paint underneath.

All your work looks really good!
    The main reason/selling point to do vinyl is the fact that it's 100% completely reversible, without damage to the paint. Although there are always exception to this, but it's usually due to the user using crappy/bad vinyl, bad repaint/respray job, and/or the paint's already on its way out before the vinyl was applied beforehand.

There's a reason why a lot of exotics choose vinyl wraps over paint jobs. However, most other typical cars just usually stick to partial wraps, such as the roof, hoods, and sometimes trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mkoop View Post
    textured

I ordered a sample of it to check it out, really really nice looking in person
    Yep. The cf vinyl actually looks better in person than in pictures, which is what I tell most people, when they ask me about it.

-Don

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Don whats the cost to do this to an E36 sedan with a sunroof, in carbon... ??? also can to apply it to the sun roof itself as well? i'll be in SoCal very soon
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    95 M3 Far From Stock
    how long does the c/f carbon last on the car don, if i wash it hand car wash only 1 yr -1.5 yrs ? i'd like you to the job if you have the time . Do i need to make an appointment sir?

My Cars
    97' M3 coupe
    ^yea im wondering how well it holds up in weather rain etc
    sig12 by Devo325, on Flickr

My Cars
    95 M3
    yeah, i'd also like to know what it would cost me for you to do the carbon fiber or black roof for an 95 e36 M3 coupe w/sunroof including parts. I have a couple of areas where the clearcoat has completely come off on my roof, and this would be one way to hide it without having to repaint the whole car.

PM me or just let me know.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Devo540 View Post
    ^yea im wondering how well it holds up in weather rain etc
    Non-issue, with the stuff I am using. Its expected life rating and tested operating temperatures are far beyond what many of you guys will have to worry about. I usually tell people the vinyl will most likely last longer than they own their cars. Even then, if it was only ~4 years, it is cheap enough to just get it redone again anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast95m3 View Post
    yeah, i'd also like to know what it would cost me for you to do the carbon fiber or black roof for an 95 e36 M3 coupe w/sunroof including parts. I have a couple of areas where the clearcoat has completely come off on my roof, and this would be one way to hide it without having to repaint the whole car.

PM me or just let me know.
    You're lucky. With the CF vinyl, it's actual able to help you hide your clear coat issues, due to is design. However, most standard single colored vinyls would not help, since the imperfections would end up showing right though.

-Don

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    It amazes me how well you do the edges Don. Its not easy at all. If we lived closer, I'd have you do my roof in a heart beat.

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Don- I bought some vinyl from you for my hood (gloss black) but haven't done it yet...how much does the CF vinyl run?
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The CF vinyl is only 4' wide, which I think it is too small to cover the whole hood in one piece, without seam lines on the E39.

Gloss black:

My Cars
    E36M3
    i want to do my fenders and my doors. is it really hard to do? and how much would i need? its for a e36 coupe m3, thanks

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Fenders are easy, and the doors would be easy to do if you removed the door handles (or even just removing the trim could work).

-Don

My Cars
    E36 328i
    What does it do to the roof underneath? And what does the cf look like after exposure to sun and the elements? pm me a price for e36 4door roof, I've wanted this for a while!

MODS: M50 intake manifold/3.15 lsd/rtabs/FDM/CDV delete/Depos+Thinlines/Clarion touch screen flip out

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast