76 2002 "tii"
    14 Mustang GT Track Pack

My Cars
    LR3 / SC 1995 e36 m3/2005 rc51
    Quote Originally Posted by cosM3os View Post
    Anyone have experience with this wheel?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ll&sort=Weight

Kyle,
    I think Daveykid runs them on his 996 turbo. In a dif size obv but that exact model wheel. You could ask him for feedback.

My Cars
    76 2002 "tii"
    Is that Dave Steveoff (like I know more than one guy with a 996 turbo)?
    Kyle Burkhardt
    NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
    76 2002 "tii"
    14 Mustang GT Track Pack

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Kyle... my buddy got them when they first came out a couple years ago. Great wheel, durable, light, and great price....
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    I have been using a set since early 2009. no issues for me
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    03 X5 3.0L Titanium Silver
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...
    Excellence is a habit, not an act.

My Cars
    Yes
    I have a set, but haven't put them to much use yet. They're fairly lightweight for the money and I personally think they look good. They're made for TR by Enkei, so I expect they're quality wheels.

My Cars
    LR3 / SC 1995 e36 m3/2005 rc51
    Quote Originally Posted by cosM3os View Post
    Is that Dave Steveoff (like I know more than one guy with a 996 turbo)?
    Yes Dave S.

I think David Press also runs them. And those guys put a ton of miles on the track every year. They may have some feed back.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I got 2 sets of MT1s and love them.

My Cars
    01.5 Stg 3- S4 Avant RIP, 01.5 Stg 2+ S4 Sedan RIP
    i have had a total of 3 differnet sets of these guys. awesome wheels. cheap too.

but if they have the enkeis nt-03 in ur size. i'd go there cause they are slightly cheaper. 18x10 et 25 is $290 opposed to $319
    2001 E46 M3 Fun Car

Need help with Suspension, RTABs, FCABs, Brakes, maintenance? PM me! M3F Profile
    2003 BMW X5 4.6is FOR SALE

My Cars
    SpecE46, 99LS/M3, 07GMC
    I run them on my e36, fairly light and strong. I use em as track/sometimes summer tires.

My Cars
    e30 Racecar
    TR was out of NT-03's in 18x10 early last year so I picked those up instead and have been really happy with them. About the same weight but a tad more $ than the NT-03's.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/7476516[/ame]
    -------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Kyle,

I've been very happy with mine. Light, strong, (took a pretty good hit on the edge of a curb at Putnam and remained straight), and you can't beat the price point.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    How do they compare to the D-Force from BimmerWorld? Those are super light.
    Last edited by aus; 03-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by aus View Post
    How do they compare to the D-Force from BimmerWorld? Those are supper light.
    The weights I've seen quoted are very close for a 17x9. D-force are 16.4 lbs and TRMotorsport are 16.3 lbs.

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    I have a pair (2 - 18x8.5) up for grabs ($450) as I think I want 18x10 rears...Used one weekend, no curb rash / straight / no stories.
    Last edited by SamGrant951; 03-19-2010 at 10:29 PM.

My Cars
    328xi
    The D-Force is a better made wheel. Low pressure cast and roll formed. Stronger and just as light.

check out philstireservice.com for the D-force wheel

My Cars
    '95 M3, '94 325is
    one thing i really like about the TRM wheel (same with kosei k1 and apex wheels) is the fact that they are cut for the hub so you don't need hub centering rings.
    David Ortiz

My Cars
    2013 F30, 1995 E36 M3
    I had the D-Force. When I upgraded to BBK I had buy wheels. Everyone I talked to liked the TRM wheel and I would have purchased them but the APEX wheels came out and I like the mesh. I also like the weight/strength/value combo. I think you would happy with any of the 4 discussed:TRM, D-Force, Enkei, APEX

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    I have two sets for my E36 328is and I've run in SCCA STX autocross class for the last two years and LOVE them. Light and strong. I think they are just slightly lighter than the D-Force equivalent. +1
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    Uh
    Light, but I've bent 2 without offs. No regrets based on the price and the fact that they are in "print".

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
    I had the D-Force. When I upgraded to BBK I had buy wheels. Everyone I talked to liked the TRM wheel and I would have purchased them but the APEX wheels came out and I like the mesh. I also like the weight/strength/value combo. I think you would happy with any of the 4 discussed:TRM, D-Force, Enkei, APEX
    My only concern with the APEX wheel is they're not able to give the JWL certification number.

Quote Originally Posted by jacy View Post
    Light, but I've bent 2 without offs. No regrets based on the price and the fact that they are in "print".
    I read a number of people who bent the TR wheels without offs.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by aus View Post
    My only concern with the APEX wheel is they're not able to give the JWL certification number.
    I was asked for the VIA certification number the other week by a forum member, not a JWL number, (there is no such thing as a jwl certificate number JWL anyway). JWL is a testing standard not an organization that conducts a test and provides a certificate. VIA is a testing organization in Japan, and can test to the JWL standard, and then provide their own certificate.

The ARC-8 wheel exceeds the JWL standard (703KGS load rating vs minimum 690KGS). VIA only cares about the 690kgs load rating though as that is policy. I know all in house factory testing was done at 703 (1550lbs). I am still waiting on VIA information, as the only contact that can provide this to me is touring clients to different factories. From emails with others and in the past, I've been told that when the manufacturer registers a product, only their own information is on the certificate, and it's not even in english, so I'm not sure how much it will prove to those that just ask for a number. If I find this to be the case and it's not informative, then I will get STL (Standard testing Labs in the USA) to retest them here and provide documents with APEX's info on it to show that they exceed the JWL standard. Either way, I'm just waiting to get the final word from my rep. For future projects I'll probably just go through STL since they will do an official test above the JWL standard. So just give me a little bit, and I'll follow up once I have something to provide

The same goes for every wheel and manufacturer that goes through VIA. The way VIA certification works is the factory is certified to do testing on their own (VIA certifies all their testing equipment and testing procedures). Then VIA does their own final verification test (two tests per wheel fitment). If you go to them directly with your own product then they ask for 6 wheels per fitment because you don't have your own certified testing equipment. For this reason the factory can go direct and get a certificate under their own name easily, since they've proven themselves.

For more information regarding the testing process, check out the following from Enkei's website. I highlighted the important part.

http://www.enkei.com/FAQS.html

Quote Originally Posted by Enkei's FAQ page
    4. WHAT FACTORY CERTIFICATION DOES ENKEI ADHERE TO?
    International Organization for Standardization (North American standards)
    ISO9000
    ISO/TS16949
    ISO9001
    Safety Standards:
    JWL-Japan Light Alloy Wheel (JWL) Standard for Passenger Cars. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport requires that aluminum wheels for passenger cars bearing certain plated numbers sold in Japan bear the JWL mark. The JWL mark can be displayed on wheels that have passed the standard through a self-certification system.
    JWL-T-Similarly, the ministry requires aluminum wheels for trucks and buses (with 1 and 4-number plates) to bear the JWL-T mark. Even if a vehicle is classified as a passenger car bearing certain plate numbers and is equipped with LT tires as standard equipment due to its GVW (gross vehicle weight), it must use aluminum wheels bearing the JWL-T mark.
    VIA-A third-party entity called the Vehicle Inspection Association verifies whether a product meets the requirements prescribed by the JWL or JWL-T standard. This association permits a product to bear a VIA mark if it passes rigorous quality and strength verification tests conducted in accordance with the JWL or JWL-T standard.

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Thanks. Good stuff.

My Cars
    98 IP M3, and others
    It's what I run Kyle, just ordering another set.....old back likes the light weight
    ..."keep a little love in your heart and a taste of jazz in your soul."