Thread: Silver E39 + VMR V710 + Bilstien PSS = Pics

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 97 318Ti

Silver E39 + VMR V710 + Bilstien PSS = Pics

Just a couple shots of my car on VMR V710s before I remove them for another set of rims. Size is 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears. Overall, I think they are ok but I prefer rims with lips on an E39.

What do you think?

Sold95 M3 - Ground Control Track/School coilovers | Eibach Sway bars | Powerdyne supercharger | Dinan Exhaust | WAR Chip

My Cars
    2003 530i 1998 740i
    i know this has nothing to do with ur ppst. but im trying ot figure out how to put up a post. any help please???

My Cars
    e39 944 few vws
    i think they look good

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3/4/5
    Noice!

My Cars
    97' M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jdge38 View Post
    i know this has nothing to do with ur ppst. but im trying ot figure out how to put up a post. any help please???
    need more posts. not sure how many probly 10-20
    sig12 by Devo325, on Flickr

My Cars
    02 525iT
    yummy yummy!! i like ur csl's...mine look the same but black.

My Cars
    '84 e30 318i
    offsets are wayyyy too conservative for a face wheel on an aggressive looking car.
    Quote Originally Posted by volodka1985 View Post
    I have a manual I6 e39 and it's a great car but sometimes when i need to accelerate fast and it doesn't( cause it can't) i just wanna slow down, pull over, open the hood and shoot the poor bastard in it's inline 6 heart....

My Cars
    540it belly rubber,e30aw
    You know you got skills! I like either setup honestly

My Cars
    98' 740il
    nice m5... wait a minute. nice quad exhaust
    past cars 99' 328i, 01' 325xi, 97' m3/4/5, 00' 540i-6, 01' 325ci-5, 93' 325i-5, 00' ///M5, 95' 325i
    present 98' 740il,98' ///M3

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I prefer the Racing Dynamics.
    Plus, I really don't like the painted headlight corners...
    What are the new wheels?

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    1999 528i Sport
    im on the market for some coilovers. i was considering the Bilstein B14 pss. However, i would like a suspension that is on the harder side. I know the dampering is not adjustable on these, so how is the ride? Have you experience the bilstein sports? Is the ride similar to the Bilstein Sports? I need some feed before i go out and jump on a set of coilovers. Thanks!

My Cars
    RWD + TORQUE
    Bilstein PSS = the kit that only cost 1k? If so I'm sold on it.

We have similar taste... I like the VMR's, but the E39 really needs dish. I say you NEVER part with those Racing Dynamics!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradaiel View Post
    I'm sorry, the m5 and the 528/530 don't feel the same driving them. The m5 is leaps and bounds better. My loud pedal actually does something in the m5, steering is tighter, suspension is tighter and just feels better. The ONLY thing my 525/528/530 does better than my m5 is use less fuel. The whole rack and pinion thing is stupid, they feel the same.

My Cars
    01 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballistic View Post
    offsets are wayyyy too conservative for a face wheel on an aggressive looking car.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the wheels are nice, but the fronts just look odd, like a car where someone just put in a wide body kit but still run stock wheels & offset (but obviously yours is to a much lesser degree).

Quote Originally Posted by 540iboy View Post
    wait a minute. nice quad exhaust
    This is what really got my attention. What's the story here? Or screw the story and just give us underbody pics!

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    in generl not-bad, in comparison to rd2s they-suck lol
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 97 318Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by my1ste39 View Post
    i think they look good
    Thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by LuisGT View Post
    Noice!

Quote Originally Posted by jbro1988 View Post
    yummy yummy!! i like ur csl's...mine look the same but black.
    VMR make CSL reps but they are a bit different from these v710 models. But I can see that they look very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballistic View Post
    I agree, if I were to keep them, I would get 10mm spacers up front asap!

Quote Originally Posted by snosk8luke View Post
    You know you got skills! I like either setup honestly
    Thanks!

I would kill to have your red e39! that thing got potential to be super hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    I prefer the Racing Dynamics.
    Plus, I really don't like the painted headlight corners...
    What are the new wheels?
    I also prefer the rd2s but I needed the cash so I did a trade for these. The next set is Hartge classic with custom polished lip. The lips is quite small compared to the rd2 but I like them.

As for the headlight covers, I like the real deal euro headlights better but I will take these considering it cost nothing to have them painted (I prefer it over the ambers for a silver car like mine)

Quote Originally Posted by RobV15 View Post
    im on the market for some coilovers. i was considering the Bilstein B14 pss. However, i would like a suspension that is on the harder side. I know the dampering is not adjustable on these, so how is the ride? Have you experience the bilstein sports? Is the ride similar to the Bilstein Sports? I need some feed before i go out and jump on a set of coilovers. Thanks!
    I love the PSS coilovers! You are correct that they are not dampering adjustable and to me, it is still very soft (but then again, I am used to my super stiff suspension on my porsche). Compared to stock, they are significantly stiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by webdesigner View Post
    Bilstein PSS = the kit that only cost 1k? If so I'm sold on it.

Yes indeed! I think for $1k, its the best I can get.

We have similar taste... I like the VMR's, but the E39 really needs dish. I say you NEVER part with those Racing Dynamics!!
    I wish I still had the Racing Dynamics Oh well, time for some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionpoint View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think the wheels are nice, but the fronts just look odd, like a car where someone just put in a wide body kit but still run stock wheels & offset (but obviously yours is to a much lesser degree).

This is what really got my attention. What's the story here? Or screw the story and just give us underbody pics!
    The offset is 15 for the front I think. Pretty conservative but I think I can squeeze in 15mm spacers up front to flush it with the body.

As for my exhaust, I am running M5 midpipes and straight pipes to the tips. I will get some underside pics hopefully by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Orxan4ik View Post
    in generl not-bad, in comparison to rd2s they-suck lol
    I agree 100% The rd2 had MASSIVE lip in both the front and back. The only thing I didn't like about the rd2 is the very plain color of the wheels. It can pass for stockers.
    Last edited by nine9six; 02-12-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Sold95 M3 - Ground Control Track/School coilovers | Eibach Sway bars | Powerdyne supercharger | Dinan Exhaust | WAR Chip

My Cars
    E70 X5 , QX4 and an SC
    It looks very clean and simple with the new wheels. But I like your Racing Dynamics wheels alot better with your car.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    i like those better than the RD2s.

also, you go through wheels like a hooker goes through VD.

My Cars
    X3,528i,
    look really nice.sexy rims.
    2000 BMW 528i / Manual Tranny / Sport & Premium package / Xenon headlight / Sport seats / Premium sound / DSC /
    2011 BMW X3

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    I prefer the wheels you have in your signature......

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    97 M3/4, MBZ E55
    So the ride is still pretty decent? I want to order the PSS's but i hadn't heard anything of them before.

My Cars
    1997 528i/5, 1997 528i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by nine9six View Post
    Just a couple shots of my car on VMR V710s before I remove them for another set of rims. Size is 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears. Overall, I think they are ok but I prefer rims with lips on an E39.

What do you think?

Why no rear headrests?

Nice setup though!
    Wade

My Cars
    got 3 all silver!
    sweet wheels.
    2005 BMW 545i
    2003 BMW 540i M-Sport 6 Speed
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi 4X4

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 97 318Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    i like those better than the RD2s.

also, you go through wheels like a hooker goes through VD.
    That is to keep me from being bored of my car, wheels really change up the look.

Quote Originally Posted by RDR-EURO View Post
    It looks very clean and simple with the new wheels. But I like your Racing Dynamics wheels alot better with your car.
    Got any pictures of your wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by SL333PR View Post
    So the ride is still pretty decent? I want to order the PSS's but i hadn't heard anything of them before.
    I would say the ride is better than decent. I think they are very soft and comfortable for daily use. I had GC and Koni yellow on my e36 m3 in the past and these PSS are still softer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine View Post
    Why no rear headrests?

Nice setup though!
    So I can see more through the rear windows. A bonus is that it makes my e39 feels more sporty. I dont know why but it just does.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWUGADAWG View Post
    sweet wheels.

Thanks!

My Cars
    97 M3/4, MBZ E55
    Cool... I think I will order these! Thanks!