Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operate DIS to get to "expert" menu

My Cars
    E66 760Li

Operate DIS to get to "expert" menu

Hi guys
    Here is a few checks and screen shots to get to the "expert menu"
    Firstly please keep in mind all the screen shots is for my car, yours may differ but if you follow I am sure you will manage to find the DME Test Schedule of your specific model car.

First go here select No3 and make sure you have FISTER as protocol translator.

Press 9 and 9 again to exit and you will land back at the DIS main page. Now select the diagnose button and you will land here:

Select your specific model car and press the right green arrow.

If your car could be automatically detected you get this screen:

Press OK and you get to this screen:

This is the screen before QUICK test is carried out, do a quick test and you will get this screen to show all the modules that DIS could communicate with in your car. On my page you will see the LEW is not active, I have it fitted but it does not auto detect it. You will notice if you have faults stored in any module the "!" will be replaced with a "x" next to the module:

Now to get to the Function and component selection page, you can either press the Control Unit Function button or you can press the RIGHT green arrow. On the next screen the Function Selection button will be enabled, select Function selection and you will land here:

Now highlight the DME in the middle section and then select the TEST SCHEDULE button, you will land here:

Then press the RIGHT green button and you will first see this:

and if successful you will see the page where the DME was successfully accessed:

Now press the RIGHT green arrow again and you land here:

When you get to this screen you can activate and test various components.

Just a big thank you to all the guys who helped me to get this far.

Cheers
    C

My Cars
    E30, E36, E36, E39, E83
    DUDE! Thats amazing!

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post
    Hi guys
    Here is a few checks and screen shots to get to the "expert menu"
    Firstly please keep in mind all the screen shots is for my car, yours may differ but if you follow I am sure you will manage to find the DME Test Schedule of your specific model car.

First go here select No3 and make sure you have FISTER as protocol translator.

Press 9 and 9 again to exit and you will land back at the DIS main page. Now select the diagnose button and you will land here:

Select your specific model car and press the right green arrow.

If your car could be automatically detected you get this screen:

Press OK and you get to this screen:

This is the screen before QUICK test is carried out, do a quick test and you will get this screen to show all the modules that DIS could communicate with in your car. On my page you will see the LEW is not active, I have it fitted but it does not auto detect it. You will notice if you have faults stored in any module the "!" will be replaced with a "x" next to the module:

Now to get to the Function and component selection page, you can either press the Control Unit Function button or you can press the RIGHT green arrow. On the next screen the Function Selection button will be enabled, select Function selection and you will land here:

Now highlight the DME in the middle section and then select the TEST SCHEDULE button, you will land here:

Then press the RIGHT green button and you will first see this:

and if successful you will see the page where the DME was successfully accessed:

Now press the RIGHT green arrow again and you land here:

When you get to this screen you can activate and test various components.

Just a big thank you to all the guys who helped me to get this far.

Cheers
    C

Can anyone indicate if i can browse into these 4 sections with the engine running but without selecting any specific options? I am curious to take a look at what each of the 4 options has to offer.

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    2002 M3 Cabrio
    what is expert mode?

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Expert mode

Quote Originally Posted by casper3t View Post
    what is expert mode?
    That is why i want to go inside that selection to see what it has to offer

Regards,
    Mark

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Expert menu lets you manually run tests, activate and read/clear error memory for the selected module.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvis View Post

How do I get to this screen to get to expert mode?

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by abad46 View Post
    Works only on easyDIS v44, go to administration then Touch Field Calibration button, enter pass 12345..

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    That screen is not expert mode. Thats the configuration and shut down menu for easy DIS.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Hi Abad
    You cannot get to the expert screen from this menu, you will have to use the method that I described above to get to the expert screen, just follow the pictures as I showed and you will get to the correct page with the expert menu on it.

Cheers

My Cars
    525i
    from the Gt1 program how do i get to the Protocol Translator Configuration Screen?
    "Lieber Nurburgring als Ehering"

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardul View Post
    from the Gt1 program how do i get to the Protocol Translator Configuration Screen?

Hi there
    I am sorry for the late reply
    I do not have my computer with DIS ready to remeber exactly how to but you need to go to the admin screen, then select the touch screen calibration tab and it will ask you for a password, enter the password you used at setup which is usually 12345 and you will end up in the fister page.

Hope this helps

My Cars
    '00 M5/'97 M3/'95 318ti
    Will this allow us to program our own gauge clusters?

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by lwebb12 View Post
    Will this allow us to program our own gauge clusters?
    No, this is for fault finding and diagnoses only.

For possible programming options I suggest to visit http://bmwcoders.com/forum/

My Cars
    2000 bmw 320d touring
    Hi any help please i had dis running and then followed this link

now when i boot up gt1 i had to do login and password
    after a bit of reading i see login is root so used that with my password
    now i have logged in with root and my password and now have a message about copyrights
    followed by
    you have mail
    TERM = (scoansi)

not sure what to do next as just end up with not found
    #

any help please ????

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by leerone View Post
    Hi any help please i had dis running and then followed this link

now when i boot up gt1 i had to do login and password
    after a bit of reading i see login is root so used that with my password
    now i have logged in with root and my password and now have a message about copyrights
    followed by
    you have mail
    TERM = (scoansi)

not sure what to do next as just end up with not found
    #

any help please ????

you have to be familiar with Linux

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Hey Katvis
    How are you doing man ?? Still keep your M5 a ?

This guys is AWESOME folks , i remember 3 years ago when i first tried to build DIS he was the only one who basically helped me to build it until end

You are ROCK DUDE !!!
    Last edited by champaign777; 01-15-2013 at 07:40 PM.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 320d touring
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    you have to be familiar with Linux
    No I need a new laptop as worked ok after fresh install but thanks for taking time out to not answer the question as an expert in Linux I would have hoped you may have had a solution rather than a criticism I am sorry I am an idiot
    to you but we all learn somewhere. I am trying honest.

I hoped there may have been a command prompt I had to enter to continue but seemed it was my laptop I am using playing up so think I need to buy a newer laptop before I ask silly questions again sorry if I offended in my last post am so frustrated. And can't get SSS progman to get past windows install anyone else having that problem ?

[quote=Katvis;25211809]No, this is for fault finding and diagnoses

I thought I could program my new maf with this ?
    If not what woul you suggest please ?
    Last edited by leerone; 01-18-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW
    I wasnt try to not help you...Just stating you need to understand Linux commands...I didnt know it at first but I did a search of it and the commands..Did you try INPA? What do you need to do with the Maf sensor?
    Last edited by cn555ic; 01-19-2013 at 12:04 AM.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 320d touring
    Yes have cleared airbag light with INPA ok re maf mine was faulty and original part which is now no longer available so has been replaced with updated one just need to update Ecu with new part no for it to work correctly.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M5
    Well, I can almost get there. When I get to the DME test schedule and the screen says "Please wait..." it just sits there a long time then times out with this message. Any ideas? The rest of DIS seems to work fine. I can run other test schedules, just not the DME.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 SMG
    Quote Originally Posted by lbdefine View Post
    Well, I can almost get there. When I get to the DME test schedule and the screen says "Please wait..." it just sits there a long time then times out with this message. Any ideas? The rest of DIS seems to work fine. I can run other test schedules, just not the DME.
    I see the exact same thing. What version of DIS are you using? How is it configured? Are you using diaghead running under windows?

There's a BMTechnic tutorial HERE which described how to get into this mode, but they make the point that they're not using the diaghead interface.

I'm using V57 with my EDIABAS.INI set to remote, thus:

Screen Shot 2013-04-14 at 20.40.37.png

I'm wondering if the diaghead supports the DME access we require here, and that perhaps the DIS needs to be setup to access the USB OBD cable by some other means?

Steve

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3 coupe
    I have the same issue as the previous two posts. DIS works for most things, but when I try to access the DME, it hangs at the "please wait" and the IDENTIFICATION screen never comes up, so I can't select expert or functional test to get to the VANOS test. I'm running DIS v57 with the diag head emulator on a laptop running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. INPA and SSS seem to work fine with the same cable. DIS was able to read old faults and clear them in many different modules and the quick test runs OK. I've got Microsoft .NET framework v4.

Another clue might be that DIS reports that battery voltage is only 12 volts when the car was running and a voltmeter read 14.1 volts.

Any ideas why this one test won't come back to the next screen?
    Last edited by mpowrd; 11-15-2013 at 01:14 AM.

My Cars
    e46 M3, e92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by lbdefine View Post
    I am seeing the same issue. Any ideas?

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    I have all the software running (INPA, DIS v44 with FT1 and TIS). INPA brings everything up.

I had DIS set up to use Fister protocal and NOT run VM.

I have a 1998 528i (M52, E39). I use the 20 pin connector through a USB to serial interface. There is no pin 15 in the 20-pin connecter which means it is OBD, not ADS. When I try to do what Katvis did...
    1. I do not get an automatic read of the car and have to do it manually. Note that INPA works fine.
    2. When I click on the test schedule button, I am told there are no tests. Note that my button says "Test Plan" not "Test Schedule". What version was Katvis running? v44 or v57?
    3. Somehow, (and I haven't been able to replicate it) - I did get ONCE to the Diagnosis Identification screen.

4. When I'm identifying my car, would I be the 528i_M_M52_SED, or the 528i_A_M52_SED?

Is there anyone left out there who can help? Or are they all sitting in their cars making the mirrors close and open? :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast