Thread: 2001 M Roadster Electrical problem

My Cars
    380sl, 328i BMW Coupe

Angry 2001 M Roadster Electrical problem

A new auto problem has developed. An electric thing. First my oil heat gauge works and then mostly doesn't. Today I started the car and drove about a mile finally realizing that no gauges were working. I stopped the car and restarted it and everything worked. BUT, as I was driving on the freeway I noticed my speedometer was registering 80mph and cars were passing me like I was driving 50mph and I probably was. It is off about 20-25 mph. Rusnak replaced it 2.6 yrs ago, a new DME and EWS, because of the starter problem and that didn't fix the starter problem, it didn't correct but of course that warranty has ended at 2.0 yrs.it could mean the replaced those parts and the original ones would have lasted forever. They did write in the comments that DME would not program well. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I will find out next week. The auto rides great just the gauges are not functioning but what will happen next.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

My Cars
    380sl, 328i BMW Coupe

Oil sensor replace problem solved

Problem Solved faulty OIL SENSOR disrupts Electrical custer. New Oil sensor everything works fine. Runs even faster and better engine sound.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Despite no one being able to help you, thanks for coming back to post the result. It's always good to have more knowledge on the forum.

My Cars
    M Coupe, M3/4/5, E30
    Hey Jram are you the same Jram that got burned on the BBS RGR's last year. I was the other guy that got burned.
    Cloudbase aka Alex
    Life on the Lee-Side BLOG, Hang Gliding YouTube Channel

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Thanks for the resolution! It sucks searching for your problem just to see that no one else got an answer.

My Cars
    1995 M3

jram

Are you located in California? Did you replace the oil sensor yourself? How did you figure out it was the oil sensor?

please email me at bimmer93@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    01 Z3 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by jram View Post
    Problem Solved faulty OIL SENSOR disrupts Electrical custer. New Oil sensor everything works fine. Runs even faster and better engine sound.
    Did the oil level sensor fix stick or did the error come back soon after wards ?

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    The last post before yours was 10 years ago. Very old thread.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

My Cars
    01 Z3 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark48 View Post
    The last post before yours was 10 years ago. Very old thread.
    Yep that’s the great thing about these boards there archived, not like Facebook groups.
    The people that posted to the thread will be notified there was a post to it and they can choose to either reply or not hopefully they choose to reply

My Cars
    z3
    They will only be notified if they are "subscribed" to the thread, just fwiw

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!