Thread: Official november 14th "top gun run event and car show

My Cars
    97 sc300 na-t 500 hp

Official november 14th "top gun run event and car show

okay MY BIMMER BROTHERS , NOWS THE TIME TO SHOW YOUR RIDES AND RUN YOUR RIDE

if enough of the club want to run the mile , i can try a make a group rate as a club

text me 954 699 4336 name is ed to discuss or kevlar knows me as well

LINK TO SITE http://topgunrun.com/

whos going to the TOP GUN RUN being held on november 14 at collier airport in dade county.

I have been told by the organizer that there will be plenty of exoctics on hand , doug levins racing team, eddie bello,the entire viper club of south florida and quite a few ford gt will be on hand ..

I have also been told there should be a big showing of the corvette and acura community

i also heard thru the grapevine that there will be some special activities being held in the latter part of the afternoon , lets just say what was not provided for will be provided for at this event ( wink wink)

THERE WILL ALSO BE A CAR SHOW FOR THE SPECTATORS TO ENJOY ,SO IF YOU DONT WANNA RACE , THEN BRING YOUR RIDE OUT AND SHOW IT OFF , CAR SHOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BE PARKED RIGHT ON THE TAXIWAY /RUNWAY FOR ALL TO SEE

HERES A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING

Home Photo Gallery Important Information Participant Rules Directions Hotel Accomodations Course Safety FAQ’s Registration Register Now PRICING Race Form Events Contact Close
    CURRENT EVENT

CAR SHOW

If you think you have the hottest ride in South Florida , bring it to the hottest event in south Florida , The Top Gun Run . Come and show off what you got and possibly win a free run down the mile . Car show participants will be parked next to the event on the actual taxiway so there will be plenty of people to watch .( please no works in progress for showing at this time) exotics will be on display.

Entry fee is $15.00 which includes driver and one passenger. Additional passengers $5.00 each. 1st & 2nd place winners from each class will get a free run down the mile (must be 18 and older, and sign a release), and the ability to have your picture taken on the mile with your ride.

Car Classes :

Best Toyota/lexus
    Best Nissan/Infiniti
    Best Acura/Honda
    Best Domestic
    Best European

Overall show winner "the peoples choice"

Min entries in each class is 10 per class for free run to be awarded.
    Top Gun Run will be hosting "The Standing Mile Event" at Dade Collier Airstrip November 14th, 2009. We are looking forward to an exciting event. Things are starting to heat up. REGISTER Early, don't get shut out. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call.

Top Gun Run is an organization that developed out of a growing need for Standing Mile Events. “Local car/motorcycle enthusiasts with a need for speed”. Top Gun Run will host a variety of events throughout the year. If you crave the opportunity to really let your car go, with no fear of tickets, in a safe controlled environment, then “The Top Gun Run Standing Mile” is for you!

The location is the Dade Collier Airport located thirty six miles west of central Miami. The airstrip is 10,499 x 150 ft of asphalt. Go to our events page for dates, and registration. Register early to assure a position.

The Top Gun Run Standing Mile will be held at the Dade Collier Airport.
    54575 E. Tamiami Trail Ochoppee, Fl 34141

IMPORTANT UPDATES:

Due to a strong interest in the November 14th event, and less interest in the November 7th date Top Gun Run has decided to combine the two events. The fastest cars from both events combine to determine “The Top Gun”. The fastest car in Florida Mile History.

Top Gun Run is aware of the issues that concern both participants, and spectators alike. Participants, we will be using a Tag Heuer Professional Timing System (accurate to 1:10,000th of a second) which will also provide you with a time slip of your run. You will be able to park your trailers along the taxiway for easy access. Spectators, we will provide a PA system to announce speeds, a car show, food and drink vendors within reach, a shuttle van to transport spectators from the parking area to spectator area’s. We are looking into the possibility of additional forms of entertainment, announcements will be forthcoming. Keep sending us suggestions, we are listening.

Top Gun Run is aware that some of you experienced technical difficulty with the registration process. The system has been modified to work with older web browsers. If anyone experiences any difficulties with the registration process please notify us so that we can correct any issues
    1997 sc 300 NA-T black/custom tan int,AEM TUNED
    auto couture body kit ,t67 dbb .68 a/r,2.5mm boostlogic headgasket,3in boostlogic down pipe,boostlogic manifold,tial 44mm WG,r154 soarer 5sp,act stage 3 clutch, lsd 3.77 diff, tial 50mm blowoff,rc eng 750cc injectors,walbro pump,HKS DLI,mishimoto 3row rad,teins,daizen sways,&swiss 20x9/20x11,rotora 6piston frnt 4piston rear 355mm brakes,3in ex piping into dual magnaflow racing ex
    475rwhp 447rwtrq [B]with major boost leak soon to be redynoed

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I'll close the other thread and redirect everyone here.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Dog Mover
    Show times?
    Things you might like to buy:
    Lots of Z3 stuff!

My Cars
    97 sc300 na-t 500 hp
    9am to dusk .. allday racing , some heads up going on etc etc etc
    1997 sc 300 NA-T black/custom tan int,AEM TUNED
    auto couture body kit ,t67 dbb .68 a/r,2.5mm boostlogic headgasket,3in boostlogic down pipe,boostlogic manifold,tial 44mm WG,r154 soarer 5sp,act stage 3 clutch, lsd 3.77 diff, tial 50mm blowoff,rc eng 750cc injectors,walbro pump,HKS DLI,mishimoto 3row rad,teins,daizen sways,&swiss 20x9/20x11,rotora 6piston frnt 4piston rear 355mm brakes,3in ex piping into dual magnaflow racing ex
    475rwhp 447rwtrq [B]with major boost leak soon to be redynoed

My Cars
    08 mini cooper s turbo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lexforlife View Post
    9am to dusk .. allday racing , some heads up going on etc etc etc

the local forum i am on went to the first one and it was def lacking in certain areas..so we will def be rolling out to this one....

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    This one promises to be much better... Plus it should be cooler out there which means faster cars.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I just talked to the guys at Active Autowerke... they said they will try to make it out to the event.

My Cars
    S500, E320
    How many cars are entered?

Is there an entrants list?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    No entrants list, but I understand they have capped the list at 85 cars so that people get plenty of passes down the mile.

I have been told that the entrants list looks very similar to the other groups, lots of high HP cars hoping to break the 200mph barrier. The fastest runners from the last event are coming back hoping to get more accurate measurements as this event will have timing/speed markers at intervals the entire track, not just the 1 mile mark.

I think they are going to have timing/scoring markers at the 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1/1 mile.

My Cars
    S500, E320
    Thanks

My Cars
    95 525
    IM going even if its by myself.

My Cars
    08 mini cooper s turbo!!
    wont be going my ride will be gone, plus dont get paid till next week ...so hopefully might meet a few of ya at the jan one

My Cars
    S500, E320
    Any news?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    There was a crazy headwind... best speed out there was accomplished by a Twin Turbo Gallardo... best he did was 197. The Turbo Ford GT came up short at 189. A Ferrari F40 showed up, all he got was 164. An M3 Convertible was there, he got 169 and a M3 Coupe was there he got 165. Bunch of corvettes were between 165-180. Dodge Vipers were in the low 180s. Nissan GTR consistent 173-174 everytime... he did hit 179 late in the day but only once. Renntech Mercedes C63 was there... he hit 189, but his car was prepped for it. Anything unnecessary was removed... even the wingmirrors. CL65 hit mid 180s and a regular C63 was somewhere around the 170 mark.

This event was great... they had a DJ there to keep people busy, food/drinks were on hand, chairs and tents were provided and you didn't have to walk 2 miles to see everything.

My Cars
    Dog Mover
    Sounds great, looking forward to the next one!
    Things you might like to buy:
    Lots of Z3 stuff!

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M Coupe, 2005 M3
    subscribed!!!
    I love my car.