Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has purchased an engine from Asmod3us?

My Cars
    e34 but e30 at heart

Who has purchased an engine from Asmod3us?

I am looking to buy an s52 from Asmod3us. Has anyone purchased an engine from him recently or in the past? Please PM me. I would like for you to share your experience with me.

Thank you in advance,

Peter E.

My Cars
    e36 m3, f30 335i
    i've bought parts from him before and he is a stand up guy...he has 100% positive feedback on 171 transactions...i'd think that it would be a no worry transaction...

good luck and i hope everything works out for you...

My Cars
    Z4 3.0i
    I haven't bought an engine from him yet, but I have bought many parts from him. He's been great to deal with so far, and I'll possibly be buying a motor from him in the near future as well. I don't think you have anything to worry about OP.

My Cars
    e34 but e30 at heart
    I like what everyone is saying so far... Who else can share their experience, prefferably those who have bought an engine from him?

I am interested in a 1999 s52 with 82k miles on it. My major concern is with any oil leaks, blown head gaskets, rattling vanos unit, ticking valves, etc...)

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by E36Bimmer93 View Post
    I haven't bought an engine from him yet, but I have bought many parts from him. He's been great to deal with so far, and I'll possibly be buying a motor from him in the near future as well. I don't think you have anything to worry about OP.

My Cars
    87 325is,88 325e,RIP M3
    Check mine out (thread)... Only 58k and I'm close, can deliver!
    Instructor - NASA MidAtlantic, Chump - Racer

Team Constitutionalists Racing LIFE-LIBERTY-BEER

My Cars
    e34 but e30 at heart
    I replied to that thread but havent heard back from you. I tried sending you a PM too but your space if full and wont accept my PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NASA144 View Post
    Check mine out (thread)... Only 58k and I'm close, can deliver!

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    I bought an entire M52 from him. He cut me a great deal and was going to be in the area delivering another part so he drove by my place and dropped off the engine.

Great guy and was a totally no bs transaction.
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    95 318ic/sc +11 tsx
    i bought seats and his dad met me halfway

great people

My Cars
    M3/4/5
    i would not worry what so ever.
    haven't bought anything from him in the past as i have serious bad timing issues but i wouldn't hesitate. i've spoken to him on the phone a number of times, he's very honest, knowledgeable, and has a good rep on here. sure, some would say he asks a premium for what he sells but i can assure you
    1. None of it will be garbage
    2. you won't need to hunt down other missing trinkets to make it work
    3. He'll help you with whatever questions you have
    4. you will be very happy you did business with him
    5. you'll be a repeat customer

My Cars
    e34 but e30 at heart
    I am going to get the engine, I have made my mind up.. Thanks everyone who has contributed their $.02 but i'm not closing off this post so if you want to share their experience, please DO tell!

I am contemplating now what to do in terms of picking the engine up or having it shipped. I live in Baltimore, MD which is an easy 5 hr drive one way or 10hr round trip drive in a perfect world with no traffic. I wonder how much it would be to have the engine shipped to me. By the time I rent a truck and pay tolls and gas, I could just have the dang engine shipped to me.

What low-cost shipping services are available?

My Cars
    TiAg 99' M3 Track/Street
    My front bumpers from a car of his, shipped it to me and it works good.
    Sold 3/2010 due to economy

My Cars
    98 Techno Violet M3
    good guy.

My Cars
    96 328is
    I bought a M52 off Asmod3us about a year and a half ago. Great guy, engine still runs like a top to this day. Would buy from again!

My Cars
    95 m3,95 325is, 2002
    I bought a set of M3 brakes and calipers for the front of a m3 , The items showed up damaged from the post office and there was no insurance. Me and him worked it all out and I got some cash back. (not all of it destroyed) I would say he is a stand up guy to buy from, Just make sure you ask for insurance on items.

My Cars
    95 JDM3
    I bought almost a whole M3 interior from him. Definitely a stand up guy and did a hell of a job packaging it since it took me forever to get it all off.
    He accidentally sent my rear seats to Iowa rather than Washington though but that wasnt his fault but mine since the Iowa address is my paypal address. It cost him $45 more to ship my fronts to Washington but he ate the cost.
    I highly recommend this guy and is definitely better than some of the big name vendors around here.

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    I have purchased from him as well. I'll go through him before I ask vendors for parts.
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    94 325is Mtech, 88 535is
    I bought an entire rear clip of an e36 m3 coupe from him. Would deal with again.

My Cars
    bmw 330
    Getting stuff from Steve is better than a BMW dealer.

Proceed w/ confidence.

BryDog

My Cars
    Active M
    I cannot thank you enough Steve. After a huge debacle I ended up buying a used E46 M3 engine and transmission from him. He gave me absolutely everything I needed (wiring harness, ECU, OEM headers etc...) for a terrific price.

Well, it's now back on the road and I can't begin to describe how perfect my car is running. I"ve done a few pulls with some other E46 M3's and it just seems to be quicker than all of them. I know of course it most likely has to do with putting the car back together, but if it wasn't for a perfect engine and trans this wouldn't have been possible.

He also had it shipped to me the NIGHT I paid and it was in my possesion in less than 3 days. I will definitely continue to use steve for parts!

THANK YOU

My Cars
    M3
    Damn steve didn't even get in here and its almost on page two haha.

My Cars
    none
    For the prices he asks, it had better be good service.

My Cars
    M3
    I just bought a set of Door panels for my M3 about 4 days ago or earlier and just got them today. Responds to emails quickly and provides the buyers information as far as the process of shipping is concerned. I would highly recommend this vendor to anybody. I look forward to doing business again.

My Cars
    M3's
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaco1978 View Post
    I just bought a set of Door panels for my M3 about 4 days ago or earlier and just got them today. Responds to emails quickly and provides the buyers information as far as the process of shipping is concerned. I would highly recommend this vendor to anybody. I look forward to doing business again.
    Part outs, parts, cars, etc: Asmod3us's FS Threads
    Lots of parts on ebay: eBay Auctions

My Cars
    94 Schwarz 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmod3us View Post
    Hey Steve! Phil here, we drove up to get that e36 black door about 3 months ago! Door is on and now needs paint but all in all fit is good!
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    e28, e30, e36
    never bought a motor from him, but have bought many other parts. He won't b.s. you. I'm very perticular about my parts and he has never lied to me about the condition of parts. I know of a few other forum members who have bought from him as well, including motors, and they have no complaints either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast