Thread: Schroth widebody E36 race car

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5

Schroth widebody E36 race car

Yup, it's true it's true. I'm moving on to another project so my baby needs to go. She's been unbelievably good to me this year but I've found a new class I'd like to run. (No, I won't tell anyone)
    So the icon is for sale. Car has some history and has seen a few drivers. It's the original MA Shaw car campaigned by Jon Holder. Won a lot from what I was told lol. I bought it as a caged tub from cali 3 seasons ago. I won the Super mod championship a season later and have accrued quite a few podiums along the way. The car is built to be legal in SCCA GT2 and can be run in NASA and CR Cmod or SMod. I'm goin to list everything I can think of, car has an insane amount of mods and custom work. There's a link to my build thread which I haven't updated in quite some time and link as many vids as I can so you can see how well she runs.
    Times around the track prove her worth...
    So mylaps has changed... damn. Ok, lol. My best time at VIR was a 2;05 with a failing fuel pump. Best at NH was 1:09.7, WGI was 2:03.8, LRP 57.4, Mid O was 1:34.8. Some were race times, some qual. That's this season, basically all I've done are SCCA nationals. Fast times all done on slicks left over from the previous season, the 2:03 at the glen was done on tires with 22 heat cycles on them. I was planning on 2 flat for the CR race but it rained by the time I got there. Mig Aponte Rios drove the car to low 2:04's having never driven it before and only having 3 days ever at the glen. And HE SUCKS!! Lol, kiddin Mig!! But obviously a decently easy car to jump in and go fast.

So, mods list:

Engine:
    3.2 S52 Stickley motor. 12.9 compression, knife edged crank, blue printed, balanced, port and polished, valve job, custom tune on BMW DME, Euro MAF, AFE intake, M50 plenum, Dinan throttle body, silicone intake hose, PS delete, stewart hi flow water pump.

Exhaust:
    Supersprint euro shortys, supersprint race resonators, borla muffler, removable turndown tip

Transmission:
    Aluminum flywheel and sachs hd clutch, rouge engineering SSK

Differential:
    3.91 lsd 30 90 Diffsonline
    3.64 lsd 30 90 diffsonline
    Rouge finned cover, transport cover on other. Have all parts to run diff cooler, up to whoever wants to buy it if it gets installed.

Brakes:
    Wilwood 6 piston fronts, PF 2 piece rotors, stainless lines
    Wilwood 4 piston rears, stock cyro treated rotors, stainless lines
    No ABS per SCCA rules and personal taste. The pump is still there. All factory lines were replaced with goodridge kevlar lines, smaller ID for firmer pedal. Tilton adjustable brake bias lever mounted in car

Suspension:
    Shocks are AD double adj (have rebuild kit to go with them)
    Rears are coilovers. Lot's of springs come with the car, setup info too.
    Front:
    BW widebody custom control arms, spherical adj lollipops, BW motorsport tie rods. GC adj camber plates
    Rear:
    Fancy... VAC spring perch replacement arms, GC adj camber arms(spherical), GC RTAB sphericals. It's EXETREMELY adj back there, has been very helpful.
    All sperical bearings are new this season, everything on the car is basically 2 seasons old at the most.

Body:
    Windows are all lexan, cage is extensive, body panels are all either fiberglass, carbon fiber or carbon kevlar. Only steel body panel is the roof. MA Shaw widebody

Wheels:
    Hoosier rains 245 40 18 mounted on E46 M3 wheels
    Drys 2 CCW rear wheels 280 640 18
    fronts 4 D force mesh wheels 260 640 18
    A few extra E46 M3 wheels if you want them.

Interior:
    VDO oil temp, oil press, water temp, volt gauges. NGK wideband air fuel monitoring, Autometer big tach, Momo steering wheel with quick disconnect. Schroth harnesses, scroth window and right side nets. Cobra evolution seat with head bolsters. One of them lightweight braille batterys, pedals (lol, i don't remember which ones) Wide curved int mirror

Fuel system:
    Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, All stainless braided line with AN fittings. Fuelsafe 22 gallon cell. Drybreak filler and 11 gallon gas can included.

There's more stuff obviously so check out pics and ask questions. Email is best, philsans5@sansossioautobody.com
    Here's the link to my build, which hasn't been updated in a long time so I'll add some more pics.
    Plenty of pics and vids can also be found on my facebook page (Phil Sansossio) and myspace (bmwr8cer)
    Asking price, $34k

Build thread:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=944944
    Last edited by philsans5; 10-08-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Diff info was wrong

diffsonline is offline Supporting Vendor
    Diff Builder
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Escalade, Harley, BRP
    men have fantasized about this car for years... Jump on it today!

Last edited by diffsonline; 10-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.

My Cars
    E30 M3 Touring Car #10
    Quote Originally Posted by philsans5 View Post
    Yup, it's true it's true. I'm moving on to another project so my baby needs to go. She's been unbelievably good to me this year but I've found a new class I'd like to run. (No, I won't tell anyone)
    <SNIP>

There's more stuff obviously so check out pics and ask questions. Email is best, philsans5@sansossioautobody.com
    Here's the link to my build, which hasn't been updated in a long time so I'll add some more pics.
    Plenty of pics and vids can also be found on my facebook page (Phil Sansossio) and myspace (bmwr8cer)
    Asking price, $34k

Build thread:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=944944
    I thought you sold it already?
    2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion, 2011 and 2013 SCCA National Championship Runoffs 3rd Place, STU, 2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year, 2012 SCCA Northeast Division STU Champion, 2015 SCCA Runoffs Pole Position Daytona/STU

My Cars
    1997 bmw M3 IP #008
    Nice car. Seen it run at NHMS and WGI. Fast and well sorted.

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    Didn't happen

My Cars
    1998 BMW Widebody M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    It was 'rented' LOL. Long story my friend, long story.......
    European Touring Car Challenge Series
    Marketing and Promotions Director
    Instructor/Racer: BMWCCA, PCA, Ferrari NA, SCDA, Audi NA, COMSCC.
    "if it is not scary, you are not trying"
    2004 E46 M3 Race Car HS/GTS 2002 E46 M3 Race Car C-Mod : 1988 E30 M3 Art Car Race Car M3T : 1996 Carbon Widebody E36/S54 M3 Race Car ITE/CM : 1998 MZ3 Roadster IP : 2008 X5

My Cars
    2000 E39 M5
    Good luck with the sale, hope this car stays on the East Coast.

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5
    Thanks man. Lol, honestly I think I'd rather not see it, gonna be painful getting rid of a car with every toy possible.
    I'm editing the first post now, there's still so much more to list and technically many drivetrain choices. Be up shortly!

Diff Builder
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Escalade, Harley, BRP
    This car is way cheaper than building a competitive se36.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Widebody M3 S54
    BUMP! for a great car. Trust me. I drove it. (but i suck at it) LOL

GREAT car. Fast as hell and very stable. BUY IT NOW! (so Phil can go to the Caribbean in the off season)
    2004 E46 M3 Race Car HS/GTS 2002 E46 M3 Race Car C-Mod : 1988 E30 M3 Art Car Race Car M3T : 1996 Carbon Widebody E36/S54 M3 Race Car ITE/CM : 1998 MZ3 Roadster IP : 2008 X5

My Cars
    95 M3 - 03 325i - 68 Bug
    Willing to part one of those diffs or only going to buyer of entire car?

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5
    Not gonna sell seperate, different diffs need different gears. And these are crazy loud, not really streetable IMHO

Diff Builder
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Escalade, Harley, BRP
    Quote Originally Posted by philsans5 View Post
    Not gonna sell seperate, different diffs need different gears. And these are crazy loud, not really streetable IMHO
    LOL! Riiiiight...

Phil has no idea on this one, have you heard how loud his whole car and transmission is?

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5
    LOL, meant different tracks need different gears. Fine fine, they're not loud. But yeah, wayyyy to built to sell without big money since the new owner would need them again anyways.

My Cars
    98 M3, 96 Stratus
    Do you have any vids of this car

Your build thread is just amazing, i wanna see it running

My Cars
    1998 BMW Widebody M3 S54
    [ame]http://www.vimeo.com/5172129[/ame]

My Cars
    2k imola Dinan S2 M5
    Plenty of vids on my myspace (bmwr8cer) and facebook (Phil Sansossio)

BTW... SOLD