Thread: Where's my Refund Bavarian Auto Recycling?

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is

Where's my Refund Bavarian Auto Recycling?

So....

About 2 months ago (7/29/2009), I purchased a Window Motor for a 93 BMW 325is for $154.24 from Bavarian Auto Recycling. I called a couple weeks later because it hasn't shipped yet because they haven't found a working one yet. I told them that I wanted to cancel my order since it was taking so long, and they replied saying that I would receive my refund in 5-7 business days. After about 7 business days, I called again them again, and have always been transferred to the ONE accountant that they have who's never there. I left several messages on her voicemail, but have never received a call back.

I've called back NUMEROUS times speaking to someone new every time. I have heard different "policies" or procedures from each employee. All I want is my money back, but it seems like it is going to be impossible to get.

I WILL file a complaint with the BBB, and I will also be following up by filing a small claims suit against Bavarian Auto Recycling if I have still not received my refund.

My Cars
    N55 135i
    ohh mee ohh my...

didn't you read the numerous threads regarding these clowns in the vendor comments section??

i had the same experience as you with these guys over 2 years ago!!!

they're going to say something about billing cycles and youll have to keep calling for over a month to see your money again.

just dispute the charges with your cc company.
    Last edited by twhlax3; 09-27-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    What is really screwed up is they're still a supporting vender.

My Cars
    N55 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    What is really screwed up is they're still a supporting vender.
    of the entire classifieds section, no less.

these guys have ripped-off and jerked-around more members than anyone in the history of this website.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    Indeed... So, If I call my bank and dispute the charges, I should get my money back?

This is wack, there are no threads in this section about Bav Auto Recycling.. Why are they still a sponsor? Has anyone filed a complaint to the BBB about them? They don't deserve to be in business the way they are scamming people...

My Cars
    93' bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by ooibhuskyoo View Post
    Indeed... So, If I call my bank and dispute the charges, I should get my money back?

This is wack, there are no threads in this section about Bav Auto Recycling.. Why are they still a sponsor? Has anyone filed a complaint to the BBB about them? They don't deserve to be in business the way they are scamming people...
    no threads srsly? there are a ton. As far as getting your money back, i had a similar situation to yours, but it was a tire shop. Bank sent them a notice, tire shop did not reply back, funds withdraw from tire shop into my bank account.

Last edited by ttkid06; 09-28-2009 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    Subtlety is key my friend; it doesn't always take a bunch of stuff to make a car unique- a set of wheels and the right stance can make a car stand out.

Roundel shifty #1.

kuv yog hmoob.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    WTF? How come I don't see those threads??? SRSLY.. I only see my thread from Bavarian Auto Recycling.......

My Cars
    E39 540/6
    Bav Auto Recycling are a bunch of scam artists at best, skip even trying to work with them just dispute it with your credit card company. Ask me how I know The owner of this site is no better for letting them stick around

My Cars
    93' bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by ooibhuskyoo View Post
    WTF? How come I don't see those threads??? SRSLY.. I only see my thread from Bavarian Auto Recycling.......
    thats weird, i just typed in bavarian recycling, and all of the ones in the pic came up. Contact your bank about the situation, im pretty sure they can help you out.
    Last edited by ttkid06; 09-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    Subtlety is key my friend; it doesn't always take a bunch of stuff to make a car unique- a set of wheels and the right stance can make a car stand out.

Roundel shifty #1.

kuv yog hmoob.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Getting your money back takes a while, but that is the process. It shouldn't because you were scammed.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    Well... I took your guys' advice and filed a claim with my bank. They have given me a temporary credit of $154.24, and the claim should be resolved within 90 days.

My Cars
    1991 318iS,Lamborfeeties
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Getting your money back takes a while, but that is the process. It shouldn't because you were scammed.
    How is it a process?

They -never- shipped his item. They never even had the item IN STOCK. All they did was take money from him. There is nothing to process, it's real REAL simple. You just cancel the order, award a refund via check, paypal, whatever.

It's not like the item had to be shipped back, reprocessed, evaluated, and restocked. There never WAS an item to begin with. What's so hard about giving a credit back to the CCN? It only takes a few clicks.

Bav Auto Recycling = Crap.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    It's a process if they don't pay you back and you have to file with PayPal and then your credit card Co. Even then, PayPal cannot pull funds from their bank account if it isn't in their PayPal account (this is why paying via PayPal with your bank account is a bad idea, except for Ebay). Ebay owns PayPal, or the other way around.

Assuming the money isn't in their PayPal account you now need to contact your Credit Card Co. Since they have a 30 day waiting period from when the money should have been refunded you are waiting. After that you get a temp credit and they contact PayPal in which the seller had 45 days to refund the money before they go to collection and you permanently have your money back from a lost fund.

So it's a process if they're trying to fuck you.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    I agree...It's a process because I had to continuously call for 2 months, then file a claim with my bank, then I still have wait 90 days for the claim to resolve. I DID, however, get temporary credit in my account until it does resolve.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    In the end you should finally get your money back, but it won't be from the seller. The seller should have collections and thus bad credit as a result from this. It still doesn't stop them from doing business, and I have no idea why.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325is
    ....Or from being a "supporting" vendor... Why hasn't bf.c taken them off the supporting vendors list? Are they REALLY paying bf.c that much?? I'm sure bf.c can find a way better vendor to replace them...

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Bavarian must have mob ties, "if you don't let us be a sponor here I kill."