Thread: Weird alarm

My Cars
    98 528i 00 ML430

Weird alarm

I get out the car, I press the arm button, it's armed. When I disarm it by pressing the arrow (disarm), the alrm goes off! What's wrong?

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    May be signs that your battery is about to go tits up. When the car's battery voltage drops too low...it creates a situation where the alarm thinks that the battery is being disconnected in an attempt to steal the car.

If it's been extremely hot in your area...this puts a lot of stress on a battery...or is your battery old?
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    98 528i 00 ML430
    I thought about the battery going low, but the alarm does not go off by itself while parked.

It only happens when I press the disarm button.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Your alarm horn needs to be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post

It's not the hood sensor or interior motion sensor or tilt sensor or battery...
    WTF is causing my alarm to go off?
    I arm the system and when I disarm/unlock with key fob, the alarm sounds for 30 seconds and then goes off. When the alarm is sounding, I can start the car up with no problem (Gumbs will like that ). That is all.
    Anyone have any ideas or come across this kind of problem?
    Is it the EWS module?
    I'm sick of closing the door, opening the rear door and leaning in to lock the car with the center console lock button.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    Update on the alarm issue I was having. I changed out the alarm siren/horn (part #6 below) and the problem is solved. No more falsing.
    If you are having alarm symptoms like I describe in the first post in this thread, this is the part you need to replace.
    DIY for alarm siren replacement:
    Alarm siren replacement

Why does my alarm keep going off for no reason?
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 09-20-2009 at 02:31 PM.

My Cars
    98 528i 00 ML430
    jamesdc4,

Reading up on other posts about this problem, if I remove this alarm siren and I open it up to replace the rechrageable battery, I should be ok. Please confirm.

Just a recap, the rechargeable batttery inside this unit is the culprit of these false alarms (goes off when being disarmed-able to start ignition with no problem), right?

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    I believe your problem is directly related to the alarm siren/horn. Also, I don't think the rechargable battery is replacable. You have to replace the entire siren.

My Cars
    98 528i 00 ML430
    I replaced the Alarm siren horn. Got it from an indie (with persmission) who has a 2000 528i sitting out in the parking lot of his garage that is totalled. I got the roadrunner beep. I just upgraded the horn without any intention. Cool.

Thanks Jamesdc4.