Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Major Incident @ Track

My Cars
    '96 M3; '12 Mercedes GL
    Glad you made it out. Rest and get well.

My Cars
    E36
    wow, very sorry to hear about the incident but super glad to hear you are doing ok. Take care.
    - Mani

My Cars
    turbo m3
    At least you are okay! And, im really sorry to hear about the whole incident.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Glad you are ok and now I will be buying a fire supression system before next years track event.

Hope you get well soon and sucks to have this happen to such a fanstastic person and car.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but it would make some of this experience worth it if people put their own safety first. I've certainly got a lot to learn from it as well.

Thanks for all the support guys, this is hard for me.

The car is still at the wreckers, but a friend dropped by and took these pics.

If I'm feeling up to it, I may move the car back to the shop tomorrow to start tear-down.

My Cars
    hybrid
    I wish you well and I hope you have a great recovery. I also hope you stay in the game. Anyhow could you post some pictures of the car before the fire, like a before/after? Thanks so much
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    IP S52 E30
    Seriously chilling pictures. Very glad that you are still with us.
    Chris

My Cars
    cars
    Damn, glad you're ok!

Sorry I can't say the same for the car though.

Did you post what you think happened? Fuel line related?

That's quite a fire...you think the frame will be able to be rebuilt?

Again glad you're ok, sorry this happened, keep us posted.

Fire is a tough one to protect b/c electric or pull type, if a fire gets to the systems they are pretty useless if they can't be activated.

My Cars
    540I SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but it would make some of this experience worth it if people put their own safety first. I've certainly got a lot to learn from it as well.

Thanks for all the support guys, this is hard for me.

The car is still at the wreckers, but a friend dropped by and took these pics.

If I'm feeling up to it, I may move the car back to the shop tomorrow to start tear-down.
    Looks to me that you are actually one lucky person after seeing the cars results from the incident. Glad you were able to walk away from this disaster....

My Cars
    Suck
    I hate to say it, but I don't know that I'd even trust the cage after a fire like that. Cooking it at heat like that has GOT to change the thermocline of the metal, I don't know that I'd trust it to take impact anymore.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    Wow, that was a HUGE fire to have melted the rear tires and burned up the rear bumper and sheet metal.

My Cars
    Various junk
    Wow man. That is scary. Glad to hear you made it out mostly intact! Good luck with everything!

My Cars
    yes
    I don't have the words. I mean sure, you're ok and that's all that matters. But that was an EPIC build/car....I feel sick. I just hope you can find the strength to build another. I'd love to see it.

Don

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Chin up Adam, sounds like you are healing up nicely and your safety gear protected you from serious injury.

This presents an opportunity to build a new car with all the stuff you've learnt from the prototype. And more fire suppression gear!

I know how long it takes to exit from my car with rollcage, full suit/helmet/gloves/neck brace and arm restraints getting out of a 6 point harness. It's a lot longer than people think and when you're on fire it must seem like an eternity.
    Last edited by MrBlonde; 09-02-2009 at 08:39 PM.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    and when you're on fire it must seem like an eternity.
    Especially when suits are rated in the number of seconds (3-40) that they can prevent 2nd degree burns.

My Cars
    2 e30's and an e34
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvee View Post
    I don't have the words. I mean sure, you're ok and that's all that matters. But that was an EPIC build/car....I feel sick. I just hope you can find the strength to build another. I'd love to see it.

Don
    Agreed. Dude it looks like your lucky to be here. Glad to hear your alright and good luck with your recovery!
    -Chris

My Cars
    BMWs
    Wow adam - couldnt see pics at work. UNREAL. I feel for you big time. You did so much worth of studying/analysis/design on this project its a huge huge shame to see it go this way.

I know you want to wait and all but please, for those of us who worry it'd be very helpful to know what you think caused this. I'll be ordering a fire system next week.

My Cars
    E30 S52 TURBO
    very chillin situation in deed. best of luck in your recovery, and glad to see you made it out!

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Jesus it's really horrible to see that beautiful car in this state

sorry man

the car really doesnt mean anything though, you made it out. that is all the counts!

again, here's to a speedy recovery.

Adam,

Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Alain L.

My Cars
    1999 Alpine White M3
    I followed this build for a long time. I am really sorry about the car, but it is GREAT that you made it out safely! God bless with a safe and speedy recovery! Glad you are ok!!!

My Cars
    m3
    if it feels any better (i know it doesnt)

a guy i know just had his rig burn down as well this week

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=20
    This space for rent.

My Cars
    '99 M3 / '92 Miata
    Don't give up! Your next car will be better, faster, safer...

My Cars
    2001 330i
    All,

Again, I'm completely overwhelmed by the kind comments, messages, emails, PMs ect that everyone is sending me. From a recovery perspective, it's keeping me in a very positive frame of mind.

Thank you.

I don't have any future plans at the moment aside from taking care of my burns and spending time with family and friends. I have spent an enormous amount of time working on the car, and the relationships that matter have sometimes been ignored. It's time to re-connect.

I figure in a months time I'll probably have a better idea of what I want to do next, but the E46/M54 is definitely part of my blood.

Tomorrow I'll be moving the car back to the shop....

Once I have a chance to tear into the engine and confirm what I think happened, I'll be posting up a thread detailing all the "breakdowns" that occured leading up to the incident, and events afterwords. There are bound to be a lot of learning points , and I don't mind sharing that. Again, the cause was something that I did, not a specific component failure where it was operating within it's designed operation range.

If anyone is running an engine with over 200hp of nitrous this weekend, PM me and I'll share what my guess is. Otherwise, I'd prefer to share the facts are as I find them.

My Cars
    m3
    my ear's open if you need some M54 chewin' on
    This space for rent.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast