Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BC Racing Coilover Review

My Cars
    E39 M5

BC Racing Coilover Review

Guys,

PICTURES OF THE COILOVERS are below.

FYI I dont work for any of these companies at all, I am just trying to spread the word on these coilovers.

I just got these BC Racing Coilovers from Tristan who works for http://www.circuitmotorsports.net/ . I just put a set on my E39 M5. I got them with Springs rates are 8K front and 6k rear which is close to the Bilstein PSS9 Spring rates.

Their Website:
    US
    http://www.bcracing-na.com/
    Taiwan
    http://www.bcec.com.tw/products_app/APP-BR-RA.htm

I have heard that BC Racing makes coilover for other companies.(possibly for megan, ksport and maybe a few others, thats what I "heard" but not sure though)

They were $999shipped with 'rear extenders' for the adjustment knob in the rear so you don't have to take the interior apart to adjust the stiffness.

Pillow ball mount with camber plates on the front. Rear upper mounts. 30 way adjustable.

Quality and build of the components are really good.

Ride quality is really good, I had Tein Flex coilovers that has the same design as these on a previous car(RX7) before and to me these coilovers ride just as good or better. It is set at 15 clicks front and back right now, was at 20 but that is way to stiff for daily driving. I'm still trying to dial it in to my liking might go down to 10-12 clicks or something.

I can take a few pics of them installed on the car if you guys like.

This is a pic of the coilovers just installed BEFORE I readjusted the front and rear ride height to be more even. Front was too high and rear was too low LOL.

Sorry car is a little dirty haha

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2000 528i 5 speed
    Looks good & great price too

My Cars
    2000 e39 528i
    loving the VS-XX!!! how low can you go?

My Cars
    has four wheels
    that looks amazing needless to say, GREAT wheels. i'd love to get some more feedback on "these" coilovers. i was contemplating buying a set of these generic coilovers since they are cheap but in my past experience i've gotten what i've paid for with countless expensive suspension set ups so i'm afraid to get something i won't be happy with. if the product is solid i could care less who makes it. m5board puts the fear of god into everyone with coilover horror stories so i'd love to hear a good one for a change
    996TTE39M5R55

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyange View Post
    Looks good & great price too
    Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikep415 View Post
    loving the VS-XX!!! how low can you go?
    Thanks! You can super low with these coilovers, probably can touch the floor if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowerdinNY View Post
    that looks amazing needless to say, GREAT wheels. i'd love to get some more feedback on "these" coilovers. i was contemplating buying a set of these generic coilovers since they are cheap but in my past experience i've gotten what i've paid for with countless expensive suspension set ups so i'm afraid to get something i won't be happy with. if the product is solid i could care less who makes it. m5board puts the fear of god into everyone with coilover horror stories so i'd love to hear a good one for a change
    Thanks bro, im really happy with the setup as of right now.

I have been riding on these coilovers for close to a month and I'm glad to say that I am really happy with my decision. I was really hesitant at first, but when I saw that a lot of the import guys being happy with them I decided to take the plunge and be a guinea pig.

Comparing these coilovers to my previous setup of H&R front springs and Koni shocks all around, I have to say that the BC coilovers are so much better. The handling definitely improved alot. The car feels alot more stable taking turns, and there is alot less body roll. It also feels alot more planted to the road and very responsive. Overall I am very happy with my decision. I was going to get the Bilstein PSS setup which was about the same price but said what the heck, lets give these a try.

I know what you mean about how the M5board guys are about parts for their cars as I am a member of that forum as well. "If it ain't a name brand don't do it" like dinan, bilstein, koni, kw etc is what they say.

I say if it works good and is made out of good quality, then the name/brand doesnt matter.

If you want to wait a little longer and see how my coilovers are doing, then feel free to PM me in a month or 2 if you like. But to tell you now, they feel great to me
    Last edited by velocitygarage; 07-15-2009 at 12:29 AM.

My Cars
    has four wheels
    i can tell u know what ur talking about which is great. i'm gonna hold off another month or so until some work i'm getting done is finished on my M5 and then buy something. i appreciate u willing to help and give feedback. thanks man. got any other shots of ur car? i definitely wouldn't mind drooling to pics of it lol
    996TTE39M5R55

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by TPowerdinNY View Post
    i can tell u know what ur talking about which is great. i'm gonna hold off another month or so until some work i'm getting done is finished on my M5 and then buy something. i appreciate u willing to help and give feedback. thanks man. got any other shots of ur car? i definitely wouldn't mind drooling to pics of it lol
    No problem bro

I don't have any shots of the car at its current state and ride height as I am also getting some stuff to my car(bumper repainted, New Front Lip, wheels lips repolished etc). I will post up new pics once everything is done and on.

You can view some older pics of my car with the old suspension setup and the wheels here, ENJOY :
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...oes+photoshoot

My Cars
    E39 m5,528i
    when we gonna chill so you can take me for a ride!? I dont go to the rec a lot anymore
    PM me for Interior Trim Wraps!!! Get rid of your old wood!

**PM ME FOR DETAILING/ROOF WRAPS(BAY AREA**

My Cars
    98 540i6
    looks exactly like differently-anodized D2 stuff.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    Agreed, they are very similar designs. Like I said, I heard that BC racing does manufacture suspension for other companies and wouldn't be surprise if they did for D2 as well.

BC racing had an older V1 design which looks even more like the current D2 design but also in a different color.
    http://www.bcec.com.tw/products/productsVS.html

The one that I have is the newer BR design.
    http://www.bcec.com.tw/products/productsRS.html

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    I was thinking the same exact thing.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by velocitygarage View Post
    Agreed, they are very similar designs. Like I said, I heard that BC racing does manufacture suspension for other companies and wouldn't be surprise if they did for D2 as well.

BC racing had an older V1 design which looks even more like the current D2 design but also in a different color.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they didn't come with shock dyno plots?

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
    I was thinking the same exact thing.
    I didn't know the D2 stuff was known to be that good...???

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    I couldn't even tell you. I haven't had any experiences with D2 nor have any of my friends. Even the JDM guys.

My Cars
    98 540i6

it's not good.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    it's not good.
    That's what I thought, and kind of what I was hinting to.

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they didn't come with shock dyno plots?
    This is the shock dyno from BC's website:

Quote Originally Posted by dookateh View Post
    when we gonna chill so you can take me for a ride!? I dont go to the rec a lot anymore
    Tig,

sorry man been busy bro, im gonna be in la this weekend, lets kick it next week for sure

I dont have any experience with D2 coilovers so I dont know what to tell you and as mine are BC Racing. As far it goes to date, I am really happy with my coilovers from BC.
    Last edited by velocitygarage; 07-15-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    That's what I thought, and kind of what I was hinting to.

Any coilovers on the car are better than any coilovers on the garage floor
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    95 ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by velocitygarage View Post

how do you actually purchase these coilovers? its not very intuitive.. or else I'm just not looking in the right place.

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    Hmmmmm
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    shizam

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by AvusBlua M3 View Post
    how do you actually purchase these coilovers? its not very intuitive.. or else I'm just not looking in the right place.

You will have to contact one of BC Racing's authorized dealers. They do not sell directly to the public.

Contact Tristan who works for http://www.circuitmotorsports.net/ . That is who I got my coilovers through and they provide great service.

So far so good. Had them on for 2 months and I am very happy with the ride and the product quality.

My Cars
    02 mini cooper s
    i have been doing a lot of research on coilovers and the guys from the (nissan) pulsar group of australia (pga.com.au) are of the opinion that these are not the same as megan or d2, but rather that BC manufacture Greddy coilovers and these are in fact the same as the Greddy units.

i too am very sceptical of brands i haven't heard of, but i'm trying to look up as much info as i can as i'm looking to purchase coilovers for my cooper s.

there is certainly a bit of good feedback on pga.com.au and wrx and evo owners seem to be quite fond of these coilovers. if they're everything they're raving about then maybe their worth it?

btw, i have nothing to do with BC i'm just trying to find decent info myself. anyway, keep us updated i'd like to see how things progress to help me with a purchase decision.

My Cars
    96 Bmw E39 523i
    Hi

They look similar to D2 but not the same. I have a set of D2 ready to go in. I caught up with a JDM friend the other day He said some of the JDM people are running D2 with no problem

Here are my D2

I didn't have the $1500 TO $2000+ budget for H&R bilstein or KW coilovers
    Last edited by Aussie523i; 10-24-2009 at 05:47 AM.

My Cars
    05 STi, 06 WRX, 03 911
    I had a forum member email me with some questions, so I figured I would jump in here just to clear some stuff up.

First of all, Yes BC Racing makes a good set of coilovers

-They are made in Taiwain

-BC has been making coilovers for over 13 years

-They do manufacture for other companies (some of them big name JDM guys)

-NO they DO NOT make ksport or D2 (ksport and D2 are in fact the same manufacturer from Korea, we dont care for them and our opinion of them is far less than the BC items).

-YES, they are damping adjustable and dual-height adjsutable.

-YES we do have them for the 5 series BMW and a few other models.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us - sales@circuitmotorsports.net

Thanks!

-Tristan

BTW - Car looks great Velocity!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast