Thread: New Meyle Thrust Arm Bushings???

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70

New Meyle Thrust Arm Bushings???

My Cars
    1985 635CSi
    My only thoughts are that I have these in my garage. They will be going on the car soon as part of my COMPLETE suspension and steering overhaul. Can't comment on feel yet, but everyone seems to recommend these especially if you are using larger diameter (and width) wheels.

My Cars
    E28s
    The Meyle HD bushings aren't bad. Lowered cars really seem to destroy them a bit quicker than you'd think though... It may be just the route I take to work (same route for about 6 years) but in the 18 miles I see everything from 65mph blasts up the highway to lumpy twisty backroads, and my bushings don't typically last more than about 40,000 miles before they develop a shimmy while braking. Again, these are on lowered cars. I suspect that Urethane bushings might last considerably longer but I don't know if I'm willing to accept a harsher ride over changing them out every two to three years. Also, Meyle may not be the highest quality rubber bushings available... I suppose it's possible that someone like Lemfoerder might have one that lasts even longer but I dont' know for sure. On a car with standard suspension and close to standard size tires I'd expect the HD bushings to last well in excess of 50,000 miles.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

My Cars
    '86 635
    when i bought from haygood, he told me the hd bushings typically last twice as long as stock (around 10,000 miles). They feel fine to me, my car is not harsh at all. The e34 uses a similar type of bushing, has a plastic sleeve inside, I might be mistaken, but I think there is a hd type bushing for those cars as well. Maybe they use the 850's I dunno.

Well worth the work to upgrade from stock, with out sacrificing comfort. Grunts eurethane are IMO too much for the street.
    -DJ

My Cars
    '86 635
    when i bought from haygood, he told me the hd bushings typically last twice as long as stock (around 10,000 miles). They feel fine to me, my car is not harsh at all. The e34 uses a similar type of bushing, has a plastic sleeve inside, I might be mistaken, but I think there is a hd type bushing for those cars as well. Maybe they use the 850's I dunno.

Well worth the work to upgrade from stock, with out sacrificing comfort. Grunts eurethane are IMO too much for the street.
    -DJ

My Cars
    '87 635Csi & 3 MG's
    I only paid $25 for the set of 2 from a local import auto parts store. I imagine they are a bit more now, ... but ...

AutoHaus has Meyle upper thrust arms with the Meyle HD bushings installed ($90ea):

Last edited by CW6er; 06-13-2009 at 01:22 AM.

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70
    So are these equivalent to the 740 bushings?

My Cars
    '86 635
    no 750 type bushing, looks exactly the same, only difference is that they are slimmer so they can fit into the subframe of the e24.

My Cars
    89 635, 09 CX-9,10 Prius
    great info thanks

My Cars
    I have used the Myele 750HD bushings on my e28 M5 and my sixer. They seem to work just fine.

However, I prefer to buy a new Meyle thrust arm with the 750 HD bushing already installed even though I have access to a press for pressing them into old thrust arm. I figure if the bushings are pretty worn, there must be some wear in the ball joint as well. So why not replace the bushing and the ball joint at the same time?

I always get a new front end alignment after replacing.

My Cars
    M6 Turbo,E30 M3,540iT

Meyle 750i HD bushings FS

I bought a set of these bushings with a plan to press them into my existing UCA's but I pierced a boot removing one so I bought new arms with the bushings already pressed in. So now I have an extra set of the 750i HD bushings for sale.

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70

How Much U Want?

What r u looking for for them?

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by CW6er View Post
    I only paid $25 for the set of 2 from a local import auto parts store. I imagine they are a bit more now, ... but ...

AutoHaus has Meyle upper thrust arms with the Meyle HD bushings installed ($90ea):

thats what I got from Haygood.

my originals were shot bad..

I'm glad I went with new arms, it made the R&R a snap.. think I had them installed in 30 minutes.

I'm hoping by jacking the car up by the wheel on each side when replacing was good enough.. so far its been a year and I think they are doing OK.

My Cars
    '82 Fiat Spider, '86 BMW 635csi
    "I'm hoping by jacking the car up by the wheel on each side when replacing was good enough.. so far its been a year and I think they are doing OK." - Seeker

What do you mean by you hope it was good enough?

My Cars
    E28s
    I think he's talking about how you have to have the weight of the car on the suspension before you tighten everything up at the body side of the upper control arm. If you don't you will preload the bushing and murder it rather quickly.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

My Cars
    M6 Turbo,E30 M3,540iT

UCA bushings FS

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcfp1 View Post
    What r u looking for for them?
    How about $25 + shipping?