Thread: injection hole plugs

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed

injection hole plugs

Who sells them?

My Cars
    1982 320i
    I have no idea but I'll throw two ideas out:
    1. I think maybe a E30 318 head might be a better choice (although I don't know what you are doing)
    2. I think the injectors are brass/bronze so you should be able to fill them with brazing rod or solder with a basic hardware MAPP torch. EDIT: injectors are not threaded.
    3. You could just weld up the holes but that's one of those "easier said than done" things.
    Last edited by milotrain; 06-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    It has a shaved head, Big valves, it's been port matched and rebuilt, i'm not starting with a new head. It's getting twin carbs.

My Cars
    '70 2002
    You can just leave the old injectors in. They should always be closed under 45psi, which if there is no fuel to them they will never get. I've also heard of people sticking ball bearings in there to plug the holes.

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    I have no clue without seeing it, however like above it would probably be just simple enough to plug them with the original seals and the head/shank of bolts of equal dimeter. With a little notch just like the injectors have - to lock it in?

Robert
    Tbd

My Cars
    VW, Honda, Mazda
    You can plug the injector holes with 14mm steel balls (McMaster Carr) and JB Weld or just leave the injectors in and plug the openings, just in case, again with JB Weld.

My Cars
    '82 320i
    You can get these plugs from http://www.brewspeed.com/ They utilize OE injector seals.

'82 320i M10 Turbo with VEMS
    '95 525i with VEMS M50 PnP
    '99 528 Wagon

My Cars
    2 E21s, E28, Z3 Coupe
    very cool. a must have link for the DIY section on conversions to EFI or L-Jetronic.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    yeah at the moment it's just going to go to twin carbs, then they're going to be used as butterflies and set it up as itbs.

My Cars
    1982 320i
    Hotness, tell the class how you end up plugging them when you do.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    Lol I will, but just found out my front shocks are fucked so it may be put on the back burner.

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzone View Post
    Lol I will, but just found out my front shocks are fucked so it may be put on the back burner.
    You've gone through two sets of shocks in less than a year. What the fuck is wrong with your suspension/driving. My KYB's have been on since 2004
    "The most important thing is balance." - KT

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    No i haven't hal, untwist those knickers.

the rear sets fuked up, put in bilsteins, the front were bilstein hd's, not sports and the right seal is blown from riding with constant depression of the piston, the pistons always pressed down a coupla inches which makes the wear process quicker, and they were second hand, and the one before me was lowered to.

therefore you get what you pay for.

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E
    No i haven't hal, untwist those knickers.

the rear sets fuked up, put in bilsteins, the front were bilstein hd's, not sports and the right seal is blown from riding with constant depression of the piston, the pistons always pressed down a coupla inches which makes the wear process quicker, and they were second hand, and the one before me was lowered to.

therefore you get what you pay for.
    Lol shutup I was out of cigarettes and stressed from assignments.

HD's huh, hmm. Gets what you pays for, thats the motto of the century. Whats to put on. Btw bought the bmw manifold off ebay for 200aud. it is a 40dcoe manifold though, which means step change from 45 weber to manifold and a resulting loss at top end but better low and mid with higher air velocity. I think I will have to port it, which might weaken it, its worth a gamble for 200 though. Still working on the solex for weber trade, dad thinks its a good idea I just need to get him on a spare moment, the man is busy unfortunately .

Franz

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    yeah dads not sure though cause he's thinkin on efi, but i want the solex's regardless and it may be more then $300 rubin had a go at him calling him an idiot saying they're $1000 carbs lol.

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E
    yeah dads not sure though cause he's thinkin on efi, but i want the solex's regardless and it may be more then $300 rubin had a go at him calling him an idiot saying they're $1000 carbs lol.
    You tell me this after I buy the manifold

My Cars
    2 E21s, E28, Z3 Coupe
    Hi All,

I got in touch with the BrewSpeed folks. The plugs currently run for $12.50/pc but if we can order 12 (that's 3 people at most), we can get it at $10/pc. Anyone interested?

Let me know.

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    fill the end with rtv. thats what i have done on two different heads now.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    2 E21s, E28, Z3 Coupe
    hey y'all - we just need one more fella to order 4 pcs... got two guys ready to go. PM me.

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    sorry guys but i won't be doing a write up on how to do this, because i'm no longer doing this anymore...

I'm putting twin dellorto's on a 2 litre instead

My Cars
    1982 320i
    you still have to plug the holes yeah? Or did the 2 litre in Australia come with carbs?

My Cars
    e28 m535i, e21 323i
    sorry guys but i won't be doing a write up on how to do this, because i'm no longer doing this anymore...

I'm putting twin dellorto's on a 2 litre instead
    Mate, I was thinking the other day about your problem after you called me and was trying to think of solutions for you. I was sweatin' for a while and thought of this fantastic idea!

Harden the f&*k up; keep the K-jet

Paul
    OO=PJ=OO

My Cars
    81 318i..eurotrashed
    2 litres were carbed over here.
    Paul i've said it once and i'll say it again harden the f*&k up and get a real last name

My Cars
    1982 BMW e21 320i
    I know this is an old thread but.. When i put e30 l-jet on my e21 i just ran a tap through my injector bores and got some internal hex bolts that where the right length (less than $2 aus) then die grinded the ends to match the the shape of the intake port. I thought this approach was a good idea is the plugs wont get blown out under boost pressure and can be removed if ever the need arose.

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer Tech View Post
    I know this is an old thread but.. When i put e30 l-jet on my e21 i just ran a tap through my injector bores and got some internal hex bolts that where the right length (less than $2 aus) then die grinded the ends to match the the shape of the intake port. I thought this approach was a good idea is the plugs wont get blown out under boost pressure and can be removed if ever the need arose.
    That is definately, probably the best permanent approach.
    Welcome to the forums .
    Tbd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast