Thread: Style 71 on 325xi Sedan

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325xi

Style 71 on 325xi Sedan

Will it look good?

My Cars
    Golf R & S10 ZR2
    It will look really good!! But, you'll need a drop even more than you already do with 17s. Only a modest drop bringing you down to around stock-ZHP height, though, b/c you don't want to do damage to your CV joints. 18's make the XI wheel gap more noticeable. And also style 71 is a very high quality wheel (i.e. light and strong). I've got them on my car.

Here are some pics. Camera phone + dirty car = crappy photos, sorry.

As you can see, the wheel gap looks a little bit more severe with 18's than it did with the stock 17's. But the style 71's are so much better looking than the 73's that I still think its an improvement.

Also, I've got a DINAN stage 1 suspension in the garage waiting to go on when I get a chance. The suspension will bring the car down to just below the height of a stock 330i, so I figure in the neighborhood of a ZHP. I'd slam it, but (a) that's bad for our CV's and (b) that's too extreme for winter driving.

P.S. now that you've got my license plate number, please don't steal my car's identityy!
    Last edited by tdz123; 06-05-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325xi
    Thank you for the great post my friend, exactly what I was looking for, I sent you a PM..

My Cars
    04 330i ZHP 6MT
    You can go much lower than that and be fine in winter weather. Drove this through several snow storms last winter.

Eli

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325xi
    I'll be going with 17" though...

My Cars
    2000 328i sedaN
    I don't think you should go staggered on an xi. Unless you get two front pairs of 71's or two rear pairs. The stock 71's come staggered 225/255. Staggered on a xi is a no-no

My Cars
    Golf R & S10 ZR2
    Quote Originally Posted by rdo1990 View Post
    I don't think you should go staggered on an xi. Unless you get two front pairs of 71's or two rear pairs. The stock 71's come staggered 225/255. Staggered on a xi is a no-no
    Nah. Just use the same tire on all 4, which you can easily do since the difference is /5 inches.

Also, I think you could argue that running staggered is ok with an XI b/c we don't have any LSD's...just a transfer case, two open diffs and DSC. Thus, there isn't a big risk of burning out a LSD like there would be on an Audi or subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    You can go much lower than that and be fine in winter weather. Drove this through several snow storms last winter.

Yeah you can go lower, depending on where u live and how well they keep the roads plowed. But, you can jack yer CV's by slamming an XI. Don't do it.
    Last edited by tdz123; 06-05-2009 at 05:19 PM.